Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Buffy,

Believe me, I know all too well where you're coming from. I think we're very alike in that aspect of things. I don't like myself, at all. I strive to be a good person and do all the "right" things. But like myself? It's an impossibility at this conjecture. It's something I'm working on rectifying, but I think it'll be more difficult than loosing this weight.

Meeting the man I did, changed a lot of things and motivated me. He didn't tell me to do things, specifically. He just always supported me in his own ways and was there for me. People would tell me [good] things about myself and I'd think "yeah, that's great", but I wouldn't believe them. It wasn't until I met him that I started believing someone, he has this way about him that screams out even though he's a [really!] quiet person.

I think it's good to have another motivation because we are our own worst judge, jury and jailer. If we mess up, we have that voice in the back of our minds that beats us up worse than the monkies we all carry. But something/someone else reminds us that we're human and it's okay to mess up.. because as humans, we *are* resilient. We can *and* will get back up. And with someone beside us (figuratively or literally) we will fight even harder than before.

Sorry if that didn't make much sense.. I went from having a cold to a flu and my mind is mush! D-:

I hope you're having a great day!

Jessie
jessien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 331/320/250

Height: 5ft 5ins

Hi Jessie,

Sorry to hear you have the flu, hope that you are feeling better soon. I'm so glad that you were able to find a very special person in your other half. You are a very lucky lady!! I think it's about time both of us started to "like ourselves" I hope that for both of us we can learn to like ourselves more and more as time goes by. We do sound very similar in some ways Jessie Hope you have a good day and are feeling better soon.

Sam xxx
BuffyInSunnydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Howdy Buffy,

Yeah, it sucks. I've been here three weeks and oh lordy! I've been sick for two of them! lol. I have an extremely weak immune system, so when I get sick.. I stay sick for awhile. And god help me if anyone else gets sick around me; I get what they have, too! I have to laugh about it or I'd cry >.< It really does suck sometimes!

I am hoping that the weight loss will bring back a lot of the positive things in myself that I used to see and feel.

Thank you :-) he does have a good side.. even if he is being a punk right now! D-: ..lol.

If there is anything I can do to help you change the way you see yourself, I'd love to help. You are an awesome person.. and you should see yourself that way! always!

Jessie
jessien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 331/320/250

Height: 5ft 5ins

Thank you Jessie and likewise if there is anything i can do for you, just give me a shout.

Sam xxx
BuffyInSunnydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Sometimes I use my cycle as an excuse. Today is the first day I didn't. I just took some pain relievers, waited for my cramps to subside, and did it. Everytime I am on my period I'm usually like "ohhh, I feel so crappy today.. guess I can't work out." or something similar.
Between that excuse and every other excuse I use, I realized, everyone around me (on youtube, sparkpeople, and 3fc) is going to change their bodies... but not me. So I told myself just suck it up unless you're crying from the menstrual pain (which I will then take meds) or feel like you could use a hospital right about then (like being light headed/dizzy, nauseous, etc.).

Ultimately what keeps me motivated, on my period especially, is the thought of backsliding and everyone around me succeeding without me. Just knowing that if I stay committed, that I will continue to do as well as everyone else is. That keeps my head in the game. I'm a competitive person. I have a twin sister and a mother who are also on weight loss journeys. No way will I allow myself to become unmotivated during period week. A couple days of slacking can quickly snowball into months of slacking for me.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote