Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

GREAT OP day!!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Eating ice cream for dinner does not make for an OP day. And I skipped my workout.

Let's make today better!!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #63  

I only work 3 days this week. Im hoping to accomplish lots of things while babysitting this week. I will be OP all week. I got to in order to feel my best at the wedding.
WE had a light frost this morning so I am thankful I remembered to cover my plants last night.
I finshed up all the wedding loose ends I still had yesterday. Now just wait until thursday to start decorating.
Have a great week everyone!!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone.

Scales stayed the same this week so I am pleased. I am going to work on my water and moving. I also need to plan a little more.

Vortex thanks for the encouragement. I do need to stay accountable.

Debbie I hope you have a fun and exciting week.

Everyone stay focused and healthy!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #65  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Well, this is my first week of actual "summer" and I'm off to a slow start. Next week we're traveling, so I really need to get a lot of work done, but I'm also hoping to really focus on weight loss, and I'm just as disorganized as ever. So I have my usual problem--where to start? This morning I chose the bathroom floor, which needed a really heavy-duty cleaning, and I wanted to get it done while DH is not here and before I shower. Alas, if I do it all in one go, I won't be able to walk tomorrow, so it takes several hours...Once I get this done and get myself showered and dressed for the day, I think my next step might be... sigh... to make a list and a plan.

Oh, did I mention this trip? We take so few real vacations, so I'm truly psyched. We're staying 3 nights in a vacation house that was one of the first "middle class" Frank Lloyd Wright houses, with two others couples (all good friends), followed by a 3-day Scrabble tournament. To me, this is heaven--though I like trips that are busy, this one will be laid back: some walks, some cooking, some good conversation, nice surroundings, and 3 days of competitive Scrabble. Okay, so the tournament isn't exactly "laid back" but I love it. I won the bottom division 2 years ago, then made a not-so-great showing in the division above, but now I'm back in the bottom division, so I should have a fighting chance.

Okay, i'm going to stop rambling now and go see if my back can tolerate finishing that floor. Have a great Monday, everybody!

Debbie, So much fun (I hope)!

Heather, ice cream for dinner, sure, not OP, but you know, better than steak and potato and ice cream for dinner. Hang in there, lady.

Angela
Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #66  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I crashed and burned over the weekend. New day! Moving forward.

Have all my vitamins lined up and ready to take them again. I am tired and desperate to feel good again.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #67  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

It's snowing here! It's May 13th. Yuck!

I've got to get back to WW meetings. I'm thinking I should go back to Wednesdays where my original leader has a group. She always has great ideas and a positive attitude. It's pretty bad when I have a fridge full of healthy food and go out and drive somewhere to eat junk. I need to make some changes in my habits. I'm really, really far off program.

Rant over. I hope we all are planning to have a happy, OP week.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

I am going through a strange experience now. I'm down about 55 pounds from my highest weight, but I have a lot more to lose, and am being pushed by doctors towards going on blood sugar medication. Logically, I know I need to lose more weight, as quickly as I can since I so strongly do not want to go on medication!

But I feel like I should not lose anymore, at least for a few months. I feel like I have lost too much, and I should stop and take a break for a little while, that I should eat what I want, carbs & sugar for a few days then lose the couple pounds I gain, and then repeat once or twice, or three or five times, generally maintaing my weigh for a while, maybe a few months of this, before I am ready to go down more weight. I know if I do this, I will have to take the medication for sure, yet my mind keeps feeling like I should do it. It makes no sense, like this big battle between what I feel I want to do, which is so compelling it is very hard not to do, and what I think I should do, which I am very committed to, but still the feelings might win.

I wonder if anyone else has had similar expeiences and how you got through it?

Last edited by BonnieL; 05-13-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #69  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Had a pretty good day today, though I didn't get enough water. I was invited to dinner at a friend's house tomorrow, and I feel good about my strategy: I offered to bring dessert, which gave me an excuse to ask about the menu. So I know what's for dinner and what's for dessert, and I've planned my breakfast and lunch so that I'll be on plan even with that dinner and a small portion of dessert, and I have some weekly points left to play with, which I'll probably need, since I know there will likely be an appetizer or something. Oooh, I just realized I didn't plan for any alcohol... have to go back and look at the plan again. Sheesh, having fun is hard work.

Judy, Sounds like you must be pretty stressed. Can we help?

Georgia, Hope you're soon feeling better.

Bonnie, I haven't had the experience of wanting to wait to lose weight--for me, the weeks with no loss/maintenance come all on their own, and I'm always feeling ready for another pound or two to come off. About diabetes meds, though, I can relate. I think I mentioned earlier that I hope to lose enough weight to get off of diabetes medication. But I'm glad I'm on it. With the pill, my blood sugar is more stable, which means I have more energy. Also, by maintaining an even keel with my daily blood sugar, I'm avoiding the complications (damage to kidneys, eyes, etc.) that diabetes can cause. My doctor has been VERY encouraging and shared with me substantial studies showing that people with adult-onset diabetes CAN get off meds with major weight loss, which gives me hope (and motivation to stick with my program), but for me, knowing that my blood sugar was NOT under control was good enough to say yes to medication.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 05-14-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:30 AM   #70  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Bonnie, you've made great progress. Congratulations! How are you feeling about your progress so far? Did it happen faster than you expected? My initial weight loss went pretty quickly, and then I seemed to hit a three-year plateau that I just couldn't get past. When I was emotionally ready, I lost a bit more weight, but again, I hit a rough patch and gained back some of it over the past year. I'm trying to work through this so I can move on, because I really don't want to weigh this much any longer. I'm very terrified that I'm stuck at weighing 300 lbs. for the rest of my life.

I was put on blood pressure meds for awhile. It helped me bring it down somewhat, but that's when my weight loss stopped altogether. I stayed on the meds for about a year. When I read that the meds I was on had weight gain as a side effect, I tapered off them. (I seem to gain weight whenever I take any meds.)

I did some research on lowering bp naturally and then I worked more on drinking more water and exercising more often, and I started taking omega 3 fish oil. I added more garlic to my diet, as well as a lot more vegetables. I lowered sodium by eliminating all processed food. I also worked on lowering my level of stress with deep breathing practice. It took me a couple years, but my blood pressure went from the high 150s/90s to, just a couple weeks ago, 109/67. I think what helped me the most was the increased water intake and the regular daily exercise.

My weight loss is still at a stand still. I am struggling with overeating. Still trying to figure out what I can cut back on.

Best of luck to you, Bonnie.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #71  

I was stopped by a neighbor yesterday when I was out walking and she said I can really tell your losing weight again. Just made my day!!
Sunday I was able to wear pants and a top I havent fit in for over 3 yrs. I am so happy.
Scales are at 31lbs off this year. Im hoping to be at 32 or 33 off by saturday. My energy has increased so much.
Right after the wedding I am starting some 30 day challenges with pushups and squats. I am excited about them. Just cant take the chance of starting now and messing up my bad knee.
I ate alot of protien yesterday. I really limited my carbs to just healthy veggies. It feels great!
I dont think diet and exercise will ever get me off blood pressure meds but I know it will allow me to decrease my dose.
I am feeling alot better, my sinus and ear and throat infection is almost gone but I will continue to finish my antibotics. I hate taking meds!!

Its wonderful to see all the activity on our page!!
Lets make this day POP!!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

How good it feels to be home and able to post. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers these past 17 days. Looking forward to the next 17 seeing Dad gain strength.

Yesterday I focused on getting my water in. Today I will work on a POP day and even recording it. Baby steps.

Stay strong!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Bonnie -- I think you need to figure out what's sustainable in the long haul. I do know that when I can get into an eating groove where I'm not eating heavy carbs and sweets that I would stay on that as long as possible. The minute I eat those foods the dopamine receptors in my brain want more and it's very hard to get back on track again!

I'm wondering what you feel is "too fast" to want to take "a few months" off. A few months is a long time and I know I could gain back a lot of weight when I'm not vigilant. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but I think you should know there's a big chance of a bad downside, based on my experience and reading these boards for over 7 years.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #74  

Bonnie_ I agree with heather, gains happen so fast, they really can slip up on you. I wish I had never slacked off and regained 45lbs. I am also finding its harder to lose this time around. I am losing again but its alot different this time around.
Carbs are the devil for me, I do great when my carbs are veggies but let me eat a potato or a roll and Im starving all day for a few days
Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hello Everyone.

Yesterday was good with food, water, and moving. Will focus on it again today.

Bonnie I'm really glad you brought that question up. I am so happy with my weightloss that I thought of taking a break. It was what I wanted not what I needed. I gave it a lot of thought and then I remembered why I was doing this. On Oct, 29th I made a commitment for 1 year to be healthy. I am tired of being tired, weak, sick, sore... The scale numbers are part of it but I deserve to be healthy. I want to be healthy for myself and those that love me. I am still figuring out a way of life where I can be healthy and enjoy. Good luck Bonnie!

Welcome back Carol!

Have a good and healthy day everyone!
Closed Thread