Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #76  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I put a back extender on my strapless bra today and am giving it another go. It's not too bad, although I do feel a little "squished down" I almost wonder if maybe the cups are smaller in this one? Oh well. I don't look too bad in the mirror and I'm not uncomfortable.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

This morning I woke up to a very bittersweet non-scale victory. My favorite skirt doesn't fit me anymore. I put it on and it literally just fell to the ground around my feet after I stopped holding onto it. It might be time to start digging out some of my old smaller clothes.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #78  
the muse of memory

pluckypear - heh, I imagine that would be really frustrating, yeah. I don't totally hate my boobs. I mean, I know that they probably make my stomach seem not-as-large if only by comparison? If I wear spanx that smooth out the middle-section, I look pretty good in clothes.

But there are some INSANELY cute bras that I cannot dream of wearing. I returned a shrug to Lane Bryant (wasted a good coupon on it! But it didn't work with the dress I wanted to wear with it so not point in keeping it.) last night and they had the most adorable bras in like, black and white and pink and green, with bows and polka dots. The largest size those came in was DDD. They also had a TON of cute bras on clearance, but those were mostly DD and lower.

I made, hmm. Some kind of soup (not so good) and a casserole with kale and sweet potatoes. Which was okay, sometimes, and kinda horrifying other times? I think adzuki beans are TOO SWEET. I read somewhere that they are used for desserts? I do not want beans for dessert.

Jane - ooh, so glad that you've salvaged the bra! Now you can get a cute off the shoulder top to show off your awesome shoulders. I bet the cups are the same size, but without the straps PULLING them upward you don't have as much space.

MapleLeaf - that is a great NSV! If you really love the skirt, you might think about having it altered. My mom sews so it is easy for me to say that, but most skirts are single-seamed and can be fairly easy to take in. Depending on where you are, I would imagine that the charge for altering it wouldn't be much even if you don't sew yourself!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #79  

Height: 5'7"

woohoo!! Im doing the happy dance. I have now lost 22lbs back off my body. I am back to 65lb loss!! woohoo happy Dance!!! I really need to lose 20 more by the middle of may!! I can so do this!! I will need your help to keep going after the wedding and get the rest of the weight off!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #80  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

dramie great job on the loss. You go girl!!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #81  
the muse of memory

Seriously, congrats dgramie. That is SO awesome. What do you think made it click for you this time? Is it just the deadline? Or better management of time or new habits or what?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #82  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Woohoo dgramie!!

I got back in the pool today. Finally!! I feel so much better already. Snow postponed my shoppimg trip until April 1, but that's ok. Maybe I'll lose another inch by then
Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #83  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Radiojane thank you. I still say... LOT's of practice. *grin*

FYI Additionelle is having a bra sale tomorrow through the 21st. I believe it is across the country so their 49.99 bras are 29.99, etc. and their stretch lace ones were my go-to when a 40H for comfort.

Mnem I can actually say I did the same until someone intervened years ago with bra sizing.

Yes... She's adorable... And knows it too. In a sweet way.

sassyangies never wish for bigger ones. I am going to tell you it makes clothing a #%(&_%@@&! Imagine being in an 18/1x at the most... everywhere but your bust and if you don't compress them you have to buy 24-26/3x tops. NOT COOL!

pluckypear I have a few friends with that problem. They seem to stick to V-Neck shirts... just thought I'd share that.

oh and if you find a brand you like with the right size... check ebay.co.uk for bras that match brand and size.

dgramie that's awesome! GOOD FOR YOU!

MapleLeaf I have the "pants on the floor" song going through my head! Yay NSV... and so sorry for the loss of the skirt.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Dgramie Congratulations.

CuterThanks for the tips on bras and tops.

Tomorrow morning is WI then my weekly shop for organic produce and the bulk barn. Then meeting my ladies who brunch for break food.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #85  

Height: 5'7"

nmem- I think its a time deadline and my orginal reason for losing the weight is upon me. I was so miserable at my sons wedding that I made a promise to myself that I would not be like that at my girls weddings. I had lost over 85lbs when my older daughter married. Im hoping to be back to that weight by May when my younger daughter marries. I also wanted to feel good again. I was back to feeling sluggish and heavy and having to take daily meds for heart burn. I was hating the way I looked in clothes.
with just 20lbs off I am not taking anything for heartburn, my energy has increase.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #86  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Guys.. I have to go get an oil change before it gets busy, but I wanted to tell you the scale finally moved for me. 278.. yay! Hopefully it will move a little more before I leave. Have a great day!!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 408/345.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss! Even a few pounds add up at a big number! Keep up the great work!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Sassy Feels good doesn't it? Good job!

WI lost .6
Not too bad considering I got my period during the meeting and I wore jeans rather then my usual yoga pants for WI.

Had my high points day today. Had brunch out.

Patti Hi and welcome.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 301/299/220

IM 22, 298lbs (highest in life-301/Lowest in life 142)A MOM OF 3 KIDS UNDER 6 AND MARRIED TO WHAT I WOULD CONSIDER A KID (haha) AND A FULL TIME STUDENT.

p.s. all this weight gain has happened in 3 years! LITERALLY no diet change, just more mature activity and children is a difference, But no food change OR daily activity change......SO WHAT THE ****!

Another P.S. My 3 kids and husband are skinny and healthy, And my husband worked in a gym, is VERY fit, and works out/diets every day for 5 years, also hes in school for kinesology to become a personal fitness trainer) So this isnt a family obesity issue, This is a CRISIS! Because im the only big one! Its hard on my heart BUT i have LOTS of self confidence! I pull off my weight VERY well, No one believes i weigh as much as i do, and Im very into Make-up/Hair/Fashion, So My insecurities are with the clothes off This is where my devil lies with me......

OKAY SO HERES MY QUESTION:
Has anyone on here and please be honest but has anyone around 300lbs (i am 298) ever tried a low cal healthy food diet 1,600 cals per day, with just walking on treadmil for 20:00mins (medium pace) 7x's per week @ max incline and drank lots of water but took healthy amounts of diuretic pills and lost weight?

If So...How Much Weight...

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK, AND IF IT DOES WILL IT BE A VERY SLOW WEIGHT LOSS PROCESS, OR WILL THIS BE A SUFFICENT FAT SHREDDER FOR NOW?

im not trying to come off as someone who expects weight loss to come easy, HOWEVER i do feel like im doing a pretty good job, HONESTLY I just want to look at the scale in a week and get inspired by some weight loss so i stay encouraged, and not get DISCOURAGED and give up...

Last edited by mmaldonado22; 03-16-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #90  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

mmaldonado22 yes... And it was effective to a point but what works for some won't always work for another. Try it for 3 months and see how YOUR body responds.
Closed Thread