Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #1  

Default 2 NSVs today, so happy

I am happy to share 2 NSVs that happened to me today, I never thought I'd get as far as I have in my weightloss adventure.

The first one made me tear up as I had so much anxiety this morning. I had to have blood work done for surgery I am having in a couple of weeks. The last time I went to this lab (last summer maybe) the tech went to put down the arm-rest across the front but my stomach stuck out too much for it to go down all. The tech was very nice about it (I don't think I was the first it happened to) and said "oh it's ok, I can do it like this". I was so nervous going back there today and then there was a delay as they had to call my doctor to confirm something, it was like I was going to explode with anxiety about this seat/arm thing. (Thank God they didn't have to take my blood pressure!) So in the end, it was anxiety for nothing. I fit AND there was extra room between me and the arm rest. I could feel the tears building up inside and felt so dumb crying over fitting like a normal person in the chair. The tech and I were talking about my surgery and diagnosis (I am having more surgery for my endometrial cancer) so I just made it look like the tears were for that. Obviously the cancer makes me very sad but my weightloss makes me happy. I actually confessed my embarrassment to my husband in the car when we left as I never told him back when I couldn't fit. He's so sweet, he squeezed my hand and told me how proud he is of me.

So after leaving the medical center, I drag him to Macy's to browse the clearance section (just what he wants to do on his day off, right?). I tried on every single, solitary winter coat in the women's section from generic brands to London Fog to Calvin Klein to Michael Kors, I mean EVERY single coat. And every single style, long and short, dressy and ski-style. I am estatic to say I could have bought any single brand coat they had there in a 0x or 1x, something I could never even dream about before. I modeled every single one for him and myself in the mirror about 10 feet away, seriously feeling like a model (yes a plus size one but still...) and so free in my own skin. In the past, all of my coats were more like big cover-ups to keep me warm but always seemed shapeless and buttons were tight, etc. I was walking on clouds in that place today. Security was probably like, "Just pick one already!" I never bought one, I don't need one. I just wanted to know that I could!

I know you all understand what I am feeling today so I had to share with you. It was a euphoric feeling and made my whole day.

Thanks for reading my long post if you made it this far.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

That is beyond awesome! You should be happy! Little victories like that are what you need to keep fighting the battle. I shouldn't say little, because to us, they're huge! I've said this hear probably a million times before, but about a year ago I cried all the way through a comedy show because I couldn't sit comfortably in the stadium seat. Flash forward to three months into my diet - I went to a concert in the same stadium and sat comfortably. It was HUGE for me.

Aren't clothes so much more fun now? I can't wait until I drop more sizes. Unfortunately, my bottom half can still wear the same pants I was wearing 90lbs ago. I may have gone down a half size.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #3  

Hi Radiojane!! Exactly, things like this make it all worth it to stay on plan! And I totally get it about the stadium seat, so happy for you!! Some people will just never understand our struggles in everyday life. Sometimes I am happy some people will never have to deal with it but other times I wonder if it would lead to more compassion for heavy people.

I am dropping sizes but not in any kind of logical order, plus every brand is so different. It took me a long time to change pants sizes but I think it's because I was stuffing myself into too small pants in the first place.

Thank you for sharing in my joy today.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #4  

Yay! Awesome news. Keep up the great work!!! And, kudos to your hubby
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #5  

Thanks, nomorejellybeans! And my husband is awesome, I am so very thankful!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/188.2/140

Height: 5'4"

Hugs and huge congrats, EL!!

And best wishes for a speedy recovery on your upcoming surgery.
PotScrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super yay!!! Great nsv's!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #8  
Hard work, Dedications!

S/C/G: 392/386/165

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies,
I'm currently on atkins and let me tell ya... I NEED a drink! lol... I like to have a cocktail w/dinner when I dine out. Today I went out for dinner & everyone was having Mojitos...Ugh, that was harder to pass up then the chocolate lava cake.
Is anyone else having this issue?
babyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Elvislover--I'm so happy for you! Great NSV's. Your husband sounds so supportive.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #10  
the muse of memory

elvislover - Congrats on these NSVs! Heh. I had a similar thing with seats, except it was with seats at an old movie theater. From bruised thighs to fitting without pain. I know exactly how you feel.

Also: really sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery and cancer diagnosis. That is stressful and makes weight loss - IMO - even harder. My mom had ovarian cancer - eight years ago? and it was a very stressful time. I wish you the best care and the easiest recovery.

And I can just see you trying on every single coat. That sounds like such fun. I'm so happy that you had such a great morning at Macy's!
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #11  

Sorry, somehow I missed these replies!

Potscrubber: thank you so much. Hopefully the results from this surgery mean I can try to get pregnant. Please pray!

Ty Mozzy!

Moving forward: thanks!! I'd be lost without my DH, he's an amazing man. I'm so blessed.

Mnemosyne: thank you! It's been quite stressful but honestly, concentrating on my diet has kept me busy! I was on the cancer boards 24/7 before I found 3fc so surely this is better for my sanity. I can't control my cancer but I can control my eating now thank God. I can't imagine what you went through with your mom. It's almost easier for me to have cancer than someone else in my family as I know I'm determined to beat it and do everything in my power to do it (if that makes any sense). You just reminded me I should get to the movies and check out my butt lol. I never had such fun in Macy's, I was such a goof!

All of your comments made my night. Thank you.

Last edited by elvislover324; 01-25-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #12  

That's so GREAT! Congratulations! Can't wait and join you in randomly trying on clothes because I can
healthychange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

That is so awesome! I hope you do as well recovering from your surgery as you have losing so much weight! I cannot weight to be trying on smaller clothes! Next time do it in the "not clearance" section! Heck, if you're not going to buy it, try on the $500 coats lol!!!
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #14  

Omg KerriLeah, you made me literally laugh out loud!!! I'm afraid to wear expensive "skinny" clothes as I might fall in love with them!!!! At least I have a chance of owning them when they are in the clearance section.

I decided after yesterday that I don't want to buy any more clothes for a while and just keep cycling through the assortment of smaller clothes in my closet until I level out a bit (I hope it's not for a long time!). Pants I bought in November are already way too big to wear now, even if I wanted to.

My last clothes purchase was yesterday: a pair of Levi's, a Jones New York tanktop and a zip up sweatshirt/hoodie (can't remember the brand). Total cost: $7.50 at the Goodwill store! I was never so cheap when I was bigger, now it's a challenge for me to find cheap clothes that I can wear and then donate back for someone else. $2.50 apiece to "rent" the clothes for a few months before donating them back is a good deal to me!

Thank you for the well wishes on my surgery. I'm really nervous as they are biopsy-ing my cancer again and if it's still there, a hysterectomy is coming real soon. If it's "clear" from my meds, onto baby planning! Please pray for me however you can, it's been a long journey and I'm only half way through no matter the outcome!

3FC is keeping my mind busy and occupied, thank God for this site!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Oh Girl! I love that-- rent some clothes. Perfect! I think I will do the same thing as I whittle my way down making this tree trunk into a sleek branch! I love hunting for clothes deals, too, though, in places like TJ Maxx and any resale shop. It's just harder to find things in larger sizes in these places. Tops, no problem. Bottoms-- problem!! But that's ok. I have about 7 pairs of pants that I'm religiously bound to for the time being. I have no stretch slacks and some corduroys that will be my measuring tool for my weight loss in smaller sizes to gauge things as I do this. Until then, I am set.
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote