Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 328/320/200

Default Does it ever get easier?

So I started my journey Jan. 10 of this year. I've never been the type to let my weight affect me even though I knew deep down inside that my weight was never healthy, but last year as Winter was coming in I notice I became very ill and for a long time. It was harder for me to recuperate which was scary . Thats when I decided I needed to so something. So I've been OP for about a week now. I hit my week mark yesterday and I can happily say I've lost 5lbs . I keep saying to myself this will get easier, but it seems as time goes by I feel like giving up . Does anybody ever feel this way? If so how do you overcome this feeling?
jaykai45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #2  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

For me I have to treat this as a disease. I have to think to myself I have to do this or I will die. What helps me is to tell me self I just have to make the decision to eat the right food and do the right thing for myself. I sometimes lack motivation and telling myself "I decide to do it" Helps allot. I hope this makes sense. When I read it back it doesn't make sense to me..lol.. but in my head it does. Good luck hun. Don't give up!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/176/140

Height: 5ft5

Ive had a few days recently of feeling like this. when i do i stop and look back at what ive achieved already and how gd i will feel come my wedding next summer. Ive take pictures of myself at my heaviest and look at them daily to remind myself not to give up and thats the reason im doing it. Think positive. you have lost 5lbs which is excellent! Keep that in mind when u feel low xx
nicolasmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #4  
the muse of memory

Yes. It gets easier to stay on your plan when your plan becomes a habit; when you have it worked out in your mind what you are going to do. Is it easier to resist tempting foods that are right in front of me? Not necessarily, but I have found that I have developed really good habits, and that is what I work on. Making new, better habits. I haven't tackled everything at once, either. But at this point I have food habits in really good order and am working on exercise habits. I feel so good things days, it is amazing.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #5  

Thanks I really appreciate the support... I keep telling myself it didnt take me over night to gain all this weight so It wont take me over night to lose it. I just wish it was easy to lose as it was to gain lol ...
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

It does get easier as said above plan becomes a habit and your then on robot mode. it will take a few weeks until your set into your routine but things will start to get easier each week.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #7  

It definitely gets easier, keep your eye on the prize!!

Congrats on losing the first 5, now it's onward from here! Pretty soon your 5 will be 10 and so on.

You can do this! And we will be here to celebrate with you all along the way! We can do this!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 347/ticker/200

Height: 5 6

It gets easier most days and then you encounter this or that situation that you used to handle with eating and it's hard to figure out something new to do.
Engrid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 327/239.6/199

Height: 5'5"

It really does get easier. My weight loss has been really slow - I've been at this for 2 years now. But like people have said healthy eating becomes habit, you won't feel well if you go back to your old eating habits, and I even find it weird if I miss a workout.
Unicorn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/240.2/135

Height: 5'4"

It definitely gets easier!! Once you learn what your "triggers" are and figure out that you just can't be around them (for me it's sweets!) you'll find healthy "replacements" (I've found Low-fat yogurt to be a great treat after dinner, or even a small glass of chocolate skim milk!) that you can feel better about!

It's a lifestyle change, so it's not going to be easy. It's like cutting off long hair... it took you years to grow out long hair and you've gotten used to it over the years (like you've gotten used to eating whatever you wanted!) and then you cut it and it's different, and at first you HATE it... but then it grows on you and you get used to it.... that's how I look at it anyways. I may not like my new lifestyle today... but I'll wake up tomorrow and know that one day is down, and I don't want to give up NOW because then I'd have wasted my time being soooo good yesterday!!

Give yourself a much-deserved "Hair cut" and you'll see how quickly you become accostomed to it!

Good luck!!!
RNJen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yes, it does get easier! It helps to focus on the positive and find ways to make it fun. This forum is a great help for that... there are challenges, fun stuff and encouragement here. Hang in there.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #12  
babybat

Height: 5'7

yes it gets easier, stay positive and keep motivated.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #13  

Thanks Everybody... Your words are very encouraging I've keep taking it day by day. I've notice that the weight scale is my worst enemy so I had my husband hide it from mee and decided to weigh in at least once week.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #14  
Wish me Luck

S/C/G: 330/16/200

Height: 5'10"

Definitely just weigh once a week on the same day and time. Because your body goes through so many fluctuations it can drive you nuts if you are a scale watcher.

You're also supposed to weigh in the mornings after you wake up and after use the bathroom.

I lose motivation too. I just keep reminding myself that I have to treat this like an addiction and fight everyday. I just want to shove my face full of junk food and feel the peace and warmth from eating a box of Mac and Cheese.

Keep fighting. I will keep fighting too!
FatinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote