Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #61  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Well here I am back again. The sinuses turned into a chest infection with a touch of pleurisy just for good measure.
Yesterday was the first day I have felt remotely human in what feels like forever but is actually just over 3 weeks!
Ate healthily yesterday and am hoping to have a short walk today whilst the weather is OK.
I hope Sandy isn't causing you too many problems over there....thinking of you.
Take care all and I am sorry not to have mentioned any one specific!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #62  

Height: 5'7"

I cant seem to stay with my healthy eating more than a few days before I blow it. Back at it again today and going to try harder. I need this weight off!
Cant remember who asked but I am making a few christmas wreaths with the mesh ribbon. I cant figure out how to post a pic on here.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #63  
the muse of memory

Rosebud - I hope your test went well, and that the new medications help your DH. The new rails on the front porch sound like a great idea. I meant to get a new railing installed on the steps leading to my house this summer but did not get it done. I had too many other expenses. Now I regret that. I am steadier than ever, but my dad has bad knees and my mom has a neuroma on one of her feet. So I worry about them, though mostly I go to their house rather than vice versa.

My folks had at least 6 inches of snow. They have power, but their phone and internet are out. Actually, the power company has been working in their neighborhood to take down trees over the past couple of weeks. I was grumbling about it the last time I was there, because they were taking down loads of big, gorgeous trees in a way that IMO changes the character of the neighborhood. But: having the trees down probably kept their power on, so that's good.

Dad's Tuesday golf group was scheduled to go golfing down in Beckley today. Beckley has at least 1 foot of snow, so obviously no one went golfting.

I had about 3-4 inches at the house, but down the hill - literally just five minutes from my house - there was no more than a dusting on the rooftops. NOthing on the grass, let alone the streets and sidewalks. Amazing. But, at my house, more snow today than we had all last winter. I don't mind it. I like gloves and hats and sweaters and jeans. I would move up into the mountains where it snows like crazy if I thought I could support myself up there. But I can't. So: here I am.

mountain walker - that sounds like a terrible ordeal. I hate being sick, but being sick for so long would make me miserable. I'm glad that you are starting to feel better and hopefully you can keep walking now. I know how important that is to you!

dgramie - I was in that pattern for a while. It seemed like I would lose during the week and gain it back over the weekend every week for a long time. I still have a couple of meals on the weekend that I don't much worry about, but somehow I am handling them better these days. Also your wreaths sound like fun.

We were supposed to have Trick or Treat tonight, but it has been post-poned to Thursday. I bought candy yesterday. And some skull-themed nails. Halloween is my favorite and I really hope that it isn't canceled. I always dress up to hand out candy, and I just hope the costume still fits. (it is pretty adjustable, so I think it should!)
Old 10-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #64  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MEM ~ yes, that test went fine (it's just the prep that's difficult -- holding all that water ). I have to have a CT Scan on Friday. Thursday we go out of town for new glasses too. Busy week for us for sure. We're hoping the weather is good for both trips. Today, we just had a kind of blowing drizzle (very wet). If that is what we get, we'll be OK.

The front rail will be great for the winter time; something to hang on to when we go up the steps, esp for me and some of my friends who aren't as steady on their feet. That nice guy brought me another little mini-step and added it there this am -- GOD BLESS HIM. He did a great job, and he was very reasonable too!

MOUNTAIN ~ sorry to hear you've been sick; hope you have some good health for awhile.

dGramie ~ I think we all go through those kind of stages -- I know I did. One year I only lost about 3 lbs ... Over time, and with practice, things got a lot better, esp as I learned how to manage my emotions and trigger foods better too. When I was more aware of how & why I was going off plan, I was able to look for strategies to deal with that. It was a real break-through for me.

I'm having a good week; food is good. The weather was horrible; blowing sleet and rain, so I just stayed indoors and did stuff inside like my floors, my hair, meals, dishes, and other light chores. Oh, think I'll go put on a load of laundry now that my dryer is hooked up and it's half price right now.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-30-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #65  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Thanks for your kind words! I am feeling so much better in my head today as well as my body...and we all know that the head is teh most important thing to get sorted don't we?
Just wanna.....my kids BEG for snow as we get so very little but when I hear the disruption it causes there is something to be said for living with such relatively quiet weather!
I hear Sandy is on it's way up to Canada so just stay safe.
My hubby and I celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary tomorrow. It's been quite a year! With many lows ( money stress and health problems) and a few highs ( a wonderful family holiday and my daughter's GCSE results) but we made it and we grow stronger as a family everyday. It's half term over here and the kids were sat on our bed laughing and joking this morning and it has made me realise how much laughter there is in our family.....I feel very blessed.
Going to gradually work my way back up to my usual 3 miles a day over the next 2 weeks or so but back on plan with my eating.
Take care
Old 10-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #66  

I had a great day of eating right yesterday. NOw I just have to repeat it again today. Its just so frustrating to have lost over 90lbs and now to have gained back over 50lbs of it. GRRR Well I can only move forward. I think looking back is what has been my hold up. I keep thinking of where I was and I need to focus on my current weight and work my way down.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #67  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

dGramie ~ that's right! Forget the past and focus on today! That's the best way! You'll get there; just keep pluggin' away at it.

MOUNTAIN ~ yes, when we look at what we have instead of the other way around, we realize how truly blessed we are. I remind myself and DH of that all the time. We are used to the snow up here since we get it every year. We are more prepared for it than those places that get very little or none at all -- they get caught off guard, esp the motorists.

We just had lot of here today, but that's OK with us as we have trips out of town two days in a row; one for glasses and one for a CT scan for me. We are hoping for clear roads all the way.

Having a good week with food and keeping busy; the weather could be better. I don't like to go walking in blowing sleet, etc. When it all calms down a bit, I'll venture out again.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-31-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #68  

ITS NOVEMBER!!! wow..this year is sure moving fast! I plan to make today day 3 of eating right!! woohoo!!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

See you in the new thread!
Closed Thread