Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday I got new my uncle is dying. THey are keeping him comfortable. This is my daddys brother, so in less than 4 months we have lost daddy and his sister and brother, plus a cousin on my moms side of the family. I didnt pig out but I did go over my allotted calories.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Debbie - so sorry for all this you are going through. Take a walk if you can.

Yesterday I actually didn't have to "force" myself to go swim, it was just a natural. I like that feeling. Food was POP. Let's do this!

Stay strong!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Worked out at the gym. No binging, OP eating. Feels good!!

So sorry, Debbie. My condolences to you and your family.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #19  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Dgramie, you are really going through some terrible grief in your family.
Thoughts are with you.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #20  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

WHINE ALERT!

Lost 0.4 lbs per W/I this morning. Also bit the bullet and actually looked at the my WW w/i booklet to see what I've done to myself over the past 8 weeks when I started to let my cravings get the best of me and stopped looking to see exactly what I'd done each week. Even with the loss I'm up 7 lbs from when I hit that 75 pound goal and started my downward (or is it upward?) spiral. No wonder some of my newer clothes feel tight!

I stayed for the meeting and then sat through the new member introduction as a refresher. Hopefully I'm so pissed off at myself that I'll get back to doing what I need to do to get back to losing. I know I'm going to preplan my meals each morning. I'll try not to get mad at myself and ignore tracking every bite as I know it's what I need to do to get that scale moving downward every week.

END OF WHINE.

I know you all understand because we've all been there and I feel a lot better by just having taken the time to put my feelings in writing.

Off to have a cup of tea and plan the rest of my day.

Oh ..... I found a new crunchy replacement - frozen berries right out of the freezer.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #21  

I had a better day yesterday. I was able to get a walk in even though it wasnt as long of walk as I needed. Food was pretty good yesterday, cant wait till tomorrow when i can go grocery shopping and get some healthy foods back in this house.
These deaths have really messed with my mind. My dad was the only one who had suffered and we knew he was going to die before long. My aunt and uncles have taken us all by suprise. I am glad they didnt have to suffer. My cousin was in bad health and it was all due to weight related health issues. I know it my wakeup call. I need to get this weight off NOW!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #22  

Judy - back to basics - great plan! I wonder what it is about hitting about 75 lbs loss - seems like a number of us have struggled at that point.

I got a little longer walk in yesterday. So far so good as far as exercise every day in October. I am really out of shape compared to where I was. Want that back!

Stay strong!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #23  

I am out of shape also. I want my fitness back and I want to get back into my nice dress pants. I refuse to buy new ones. Guess I will wear dresses till I fit in my dress pants. Thinking maybe I should wear jeans at home instead of sweats to remind me how miserable I am in them.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #24  

Judy -- We certainly do understand!

Managed to stay OP yesterday despite cravings... I think it helps that I've stopped eating something before bed. And I've cut out sweets for now...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #25  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I was 100% POP yesterday. I actually had to find something to eat in the evening to reach my minimum points. I was not hungry during the day so I'm hoping I have my head back in the right place.

Carol, You're right about the 75 lb. thing. I think for many of us: 1 - it's a halfway mark and 2- It's not as easy as it was when we started because by now we begin to "play around" with our plans rather than sticking to them. You are doing so well too. It makes me smile.

Deb, You and your family have been through so much lately. I know it's been hard. You have my sincere condolences on your losses.

Heather, You have no idea how glad I am to see you're doing well and losing pounds again. Keep it up!

Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions louder than your words.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #26  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I am curious about something and I figured that this would be a good place to ask my question because most (if not all) people on this tread are women.

My wife and I started our weight loss plan together. We both have a lot of weight to lose, but I have significantly more. After 2 1/2 months I have lost 57 lbs. My wife has lost about 20. I know that she is happy for me that I have lost as much weight as I have, but I think she is a little bit discouraged that her weight is not coming off quite as fast as mine. It is definitely helping both of us to stay on track because we are both doing the diet plan together, but I suspect that if she was doing it on her own she would have been happy with the weight loss-- but because she sees what I have lost, she is not as happy.

I try to tel her that I have a lot more weight to lose and, as a result, that my body is expending more calories to carry my hefty weight. But I don't know if that helps her understand. And frankly, I don't know if that is the only difference between us that explains the difference in the weight loss.

Has anybody else here dealt with this type of situation?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #27  

Hi Joe!! I think you may be right. I have dealt with this. My husband had less to lost than me and STILL seemed to lose it faster. A lot of women report that their husbands lose faster. Especially when we reach menopause, our metabolisms slow down. But even before that, it just seems that women struggle more... we often gain weight around our periods which can be discouraging...

So she's not alone!!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #28  

I think men just lose faster...its not fair but its just a fact!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #29  

Darn it anyway - missed my exercise yesterday! I will get it in today.

I haven't recorded my food the last two days - that is such a key for me. Today I will record every bite - may go back to record last two days.

Stay strong!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #30  

whew we sure had a busy weekend. Daughter and husband and grandson came home friday night. Sat I spent the day going to yard sales with my neice. Then we had a wedding sat night. Sunday we left to go to our sons to watch him run his first half marathon. He did great!! I am so proud of him. He has lost 75lbs this year.
I got in lots of walking over the weekend!! I didnt eat great!
Closed Thread