Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #91  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MEM ~ the book I'm reading right now covers the 1600's so I may run into that story. Right now, they are in France and yes, some papers have been found that awarded some land back to some Irish family for past favors/work etc. Just at the beginning of the story though.

We had lovely today -- yeah! So I got in a nice, long walk in the neighbourhood (well, I took my time, that is). Really missed that sun for over a week. Eating was very good for me too. We had leftover chicken with veggies for dinner tonight. Now to plan tomorrow's dinner ... hmmm. Don't know what I feel like this Friday. I'm sure DH would vote for burgers again, and we had pizza the week before, so I'll have to think on that one.

Have a fantabulous Friday everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #92  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Rosebud, Mnem, and Cuter -- You girls give some of the best advice. I think I would've done a whole lot better a whole lot sooner if I had your thoughts in my head. Everything you say to me is what I know and should tell myself, but coming from someone else going through the same thing makes it easier to grasp.

Either way...I've done better today.

Mnem -- I'll have to check out the veggie thing. I get scared about "healthy versions of things"... Someone on here had suggested Artic ice cream, for 150 calories for the whole pint, I was like heck yeah! It was so disgusting. Totally just...I'd rather have a couple bites of something good than that whole thing of crap. So...I get scared. I know that healthier options aren't going to taste just like the actual thing, but it has to have SOME flavor.

Rosebud -- You always sound like you're cooking something yummy yet so flavorful. Do you get your recipes from anywhere?? Or are these things you've just made up along the way?
Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 311/287/250

Height: 5'1

Default Hello ladies

Hi everyone

I hope your all doing well.. Love the pictures posted you all look great.
I had a few problems this week with motivation but today I felt really good it always helps when the sun is shinning here..

Last weekend was my mother in laws birthday party.. for once I was able to controll myself. I don't have a great track record in those situations.. It's so hard to do when your at parties people are always shoving stuff in your face. Asking over and over again if you want this or that lol and the one I hate most is when they say are you sure? ahhhhh people don't make it easy and they know I'm dieting... at least this time I can be proud of myself.

well wishes and strength to everyone xoxo
Old 09-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #94  
Rosebud

CAR ~ Oh, thanks for your kind words -- it's our pleasure! The meals I make are a mixture of family recipes that I have made healthier, and others that I have created over time to fit my plan and our preferences. I have been cooking since my early teens and even worked as a cook/chef in my life. Both my grandmothers were wonderful cooks who taught me and my mom, esp when I would visit with them on holidays and such.

BLOSSOM ~ that's the thing about parties -- it isn't just that the food is there, but it is always pushed on us. If people would be sure to offer a mixture of healthier dishes but also let people pick & choose what they want to eat themselves and leave it at that, it would all be so much simpler for us, I think.

Well, it's Friday and I just had a veggie pita pizza for dinner; but I am a bit low in calories for the day, so I am planning on having some popcorn for a snack a bit later on. I went for a walk in a different direction today just to change things up a bit. Just gonna take it easy tonight and maybe do some reading. Have a wonderful weekend ladies ...
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #95  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

Here I am! Work has been a little ridiculous the past couple weeks (inventory and 2 of other pharmacists have been out sick - one with pneumonia and the other emergency surgery from a torn bicep) and I've pretty much dropped off the internet entirely.

Things have been good. I've lost about 7 lbs total this month. I think it's mostly from being too busy to eat! I'm just glad I have a husband that packs a snack box for me with fruit and yogurt and tasty salads instead of having to hit the hospital cafeteria.

Speaking of work. Oh em gee. One of our pharmacists has been doing prep to get the sleeve surgery done. She's been losing weight all summer and going to the gym religiously every morning. And been doing great. However, I came into work this week and we now have a scale that measures body fat, lean muscle, metabolic age, etc. And every other person in the pharmacy are doing weekly weigh ins and writing all these things down and talking about it constantly. I worked the late shift and come in last and basically was ambushed in a "we are all going to sit here and watch you get on this thing and see all your numbers!". I finally got through to everyone that this was not something I wanted to participate in by nearly having a panic attack. I think the majority of people were understanding.

But! This was mostly to let everyone know that I'm still hanging around. I'm still on plan. And I wish it wasn't raining all weekend so I could go ride my bike!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #96  
Rosebud

Well, I ate too much popcorn and paid for it today I'm afraid, but my eating was spot on all weekend. NOTE2SELF: too much popcorn bloats & plugs you up with horrible side effects two days later -- so don't do that again!!!

Despite that, I did made a nice chicken dinner, and baked some muffins & tea loaves for DH today. The weather was lovely; lots of and warm. Just wished I felt better; by the time I did (after dinner), the sun had already gone down. Drats and more drats! Oh well, lesson learned.

JILU ~ nice to see you drop in again; congrats on losing those 7 lbs. That's great. I understand how you felt about being ambushed at work with that scale; I would have wanted to run out the door for sure! It's hard enuff for me to get on mine here at home without having a huge audience watching me too. What a nice DH you have -- packing a lunch box for you like that. Sounds like he's a keeper!

HOpe everyone has a wonderful OP week coming up ...
Old 10-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

See you in the October installment!
Closed Thread