Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318.5/301/180

Height: 5'6

Default Quick Weight Loss Diet... Anyone else doing it?

Hi I just started QWLC last week, and I'm enjoying the diet so far. I would like to use this thread to talk about our experiences and support eachother.
2Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Is that Stillman? I started Stillman 2 weeks ago and have been losing about a pound a day - after 4 years on Atkins.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #3  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Is that Stillman? I started Stillman 2 weeks ago and have been losing about a pound a day - after 4 years on Atkins.
What is this diet? I googled it, but I didnt find anything on how the diet works or even what it is exactly.
lusciousskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #4  

I've never heard of stillman either, but 1lb a day seems great!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/.../165

Height: 5'4"

I also just stated qwlc, well officially on Tuesday but I've been trying to ween myself off Starbucks all weekend..... I heard this diet works (as long as u work it: but can slap be a lil expensive. If u know of any sites that carry their products for Leeds please let me know, nd i will do the same. I was looking on craigslist nd found a few in my area but don't trust it for some reason!!! Well any ways, good luck to all with your journey
khamylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

I Googled it. Very interesting. Three questions.

1. I worry about constipation. Is psyllium (metamucil) prohibited?

2. Can I continue a heavy lifting regimen?

3. Do you have serious energy deficits from the complete lack of carbs?
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #7  

Khamylle
they have a price guarantee on the back of one of the papers they gave us after we signed. I found a few sites that offer the same products though.
Familybariatric.com, and nashuanutrition.com. QWLC makes me do a print out of the same product and they will match the price.
I had a major starbucks addiction! Iced Chai lattes!! I havent had one since the day before I started, but Im surprised to say Im not craving them.

LaurieDawn,
My mom is on the program and she still takes her fiber pills.
They dont want you to do any heavylifting because they say it affects your weight loss numbers. I asked them about it and they told me if I really wanted to lift, it had to be light.
Carbs are allowed on the program. Is that similar to starch? We are allowed 40cal bread, and potatoes, rice (but barely any) etc... You just have to abide by how many servings you can have. Which for me is 2.5 starches a day.

Hope this helped!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Here's two links - the book on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Quick-.../dp/0132168790) and the wiki entry on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stillman_diet).

Stillman is basically a low fat version of Atkins. I personally think that probably most folks over 250 lbs really would not need to go on it. It's extreme. And if you have that much weight to lose, a more traditional diet should work just fine.

I have already lost over 150 lbs and my body has become resistant to most forms of dieting. I had to go to something extreme in order to jumpstart, and keep, losing. I went on Stillman August 1st and I lost 10 lbs in less than 2 weeks, 225 to 215. I keep my calories at 500-700 per day, carbs at about 4 grams. The first week I felt weak, no energy, and had severe "Atkins flu" but now I feel normal and although the scale has again quit moving I keep trying on unforgiving clothes and they get a bit looser every couple days. So I know I'm getting smaller if not lighter.

I do not recommend Stillman for long term, or for anyone who can lose on any other diet. Atkins is a much better choice for most folks. I just need to do it for now since Atkins quit working for me. My personal opinion is, calorie counting is great, probably the best diet, if there is such a thing, and if it works for you, do it. If carb counting works for you - it did for me, for a long time - great, do that. Do whatever works. But don't do anything extreme unless you HAVE to because it's very difficult to sustain over the long haul. And the last thing you want to do is gain it all back.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/.../165

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Thx 2Chi I will look those sites up....I'm day 2 of phase 1nd stayed in the house all day because the min I woke up I was craving for everything I couldn't have..today was not a good day for me.... : (

Last edited by khamylle; 08-15-2012 at 09:57 PM.
khamylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #10  

Thanks for the info DCHound!

Khamylle, Phase one was awful for me!! Awful! I did my best and surprisingly one day I was craving raw cookie dough in a major way, and I ate an orange, and it took the craving away.
The next day that craving was back, and I gave into it and bought some :/
Once I ate it, I was able to complete the rest of the phase one without goofing up. I lost 7.4lbs that week. Im on week 3 now so Im not too far ahead of you.
I think this diet is the most realistic and will help me the most in the long run. Keep me updated!