Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #91  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Default UGH! The dreaded 3:00 Cravings!

It seems nearly everyday, the 3-4:00 cravings kick in. Usually for something sweet. It almost causes a brain trance, like, it's all I can think of. I try fruit, but it doesn't go away. Yesterday, I just kept working, and in about 20 minutes, I forgot all about....that's a first! ME, forget about food! That NEVER Happens! Anyway, I have a couple of very solid days under my belt, which I consider good, since I've been so out of control lately. Thanks to all the great advice I find on this site and from the wonderful members!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

scales said 242 this morning woohoo!!
Had a cousin pass away yesterday, am thankful I got to see her sat at daddys funeral. She had alot of health issues but weight was a big part of her problem. More reason for me to get this weight off before turning 50.
This was the 3rd death in less than 6 weeks in my family. We need a break!!!!

I have decided to take a meal off a week from dieting. Just eat what i want for that one meal. Hubby thinks it will help him also.

We have a beautiful week ahead of us and I plan to start back walking, I also plan to start tearing out my garden. I need to focus alot of time on my flower beds and stuff i have neglected the past month. I cant wait for the stores to put out mums. I love yellow mums!!

Last edited by dgramie; 08-18-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #93  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

sorry for your family sadness dgrammie. I know what you mean about changing before 50 ....the consequences of not changing are very scary!
Take care lovely
Old 08-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

darn dgramie! hugs....sounds like your family is having a rough patch!

I am sti in the hospital they suspect ARDS. Still don't kn ow when I get to leave. Missed nephew's birth. Had to cancel vacation. Can't see husband or daughter b/c they still don't know if I am actually contagious. Can't see family b/c they were told to visit baby or me, they choose baby...very loney several days. and with a laptop that just doesn't work right....

But...go everyone! as soon as I can, I wil read through posts aand say my huzzahs and congrats were they need to be

Only goes up from here, right?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #95  

zoesmom- hugs to you!! you will be out of there in not time and holding that baby!!
I ate off yesterday and right back on it today. I didnt like the way it felt to overeat. Im so glad i remember how good it feels to be OP!!

Going to church and then home to laundry and some much needed yardwork. I dont like doing alot on sunday but have to do it when I dont have small kids here. God understands!

Cant wait to see how low I can make the scales move this week.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #96  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

dGramie ~ as I said in another thread, your family has been hit so hard lately; and I sure hope this is the last of it for a while. Congrats on losing some more lbs ...

JEN ~ to you too; hope they get to the bottom of things, so you can get the best treatments and get better soon (^prayers^ are on the way ... )

BREATHELESS ~ congrats on fighting through those rough spots; I do that too. Sometimes, I make myself a tea, then come on here; and next thing I know, the time has passed by.

MNEM ~ sounds like that vacation was wonderful except for the bites: yikes! Yes, I open the window and put the fan on; it's one of those on a stand so it can reach pretty far. I know it's my hormones doing this, or my metabolism (or both) as they say that is when all our food is digested for the day. I always wake up with the sweats and throwing off all my blankies. Then by morning, I have to pull them back on again.

We've had much cooler temps here the last few days; and have here today as well, but that's good for my green beans and berries. We ate another blackberry the other day and I see that my raspberries are trying to put out some fruit right now too. They had said we wouldn't see any until next year, but they were wrong. I picked some more beans and am still enjoying a profusion of cherry tomatoes on my salads too.

Eating has gone very well (I was actually well under a few days this week); and we had popcorn as our snack this weekend but still stayed on plan. I also made some homemade muffins for DH (his favorite); and I have some chicken pieces with loads of veggies in the oven for dinner tonight ... yum!

Have a great week coming up ladies (and gents) ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-19-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #97  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

dgramie so sorry you've lost your cousin as well.

zoesmom... OMG sweetie... I hope they get your breathing sorted asap.

And ladies... Yes. Garlic. Honestly... I know there are studies done that indicate it can, and studies that indicate it can't affect things... The reasoning behind it has to do with changing the body chemistry. NOT being used as an external spray (which many studies are done on). So consumption vs using it like a bug spray.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #98  
mountain walker

zoesmom I hope you are improving lovely. Praying for you this side of the pond too.
Went blackberry picking with my kids yesterday and made hubby his favourite apple and blackberry tart. Next picking session I am just going to stew some with apples and no sugar! I can't have any of the artificial sweeteners as they all give me bowel problems!
Take care ladies
Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #99  
the muse of memory

zoesmom - I really hope you are doing better and they have sorted out what is wrong with you. And, hopefully, that they are letting you have visitors now, at least. That sounds like such an ordeal!

I am just posting briefly, really. Had a good weekend - not perfect, but fine - then went to Columbus yesterday so I could attend my dad's appointment at the OSU cancer center. As background, he was diagnosed with lymphoma last year, and had his spleen removed. The sub-type of the disease he has is called mantle cell lymphoma, quite rare and often associated with poor prognosis, requiring aggressive treatment. Fortunately, he has done really well and has not required any treatment thus far excepting the spleen removal last year.

I needn't have gone! We had a good report. His scans are all stable and his blood counts had actually improved. I figured that would be the case, but of course if we had had bad news I would have wanted to be there. So, afterward I did a bit of shopping, then took the long (interesting!) way home.

One of my favorite places to stop on Columbus is World Market. They have a great selection of wines and beers, and they also have gewgaws and bobbles, international foods, household goods, et cetera. I resisted most of the tempting bits, though I did buy a small bag of pumpkin chips. They were like a cross between pumpkin and cardboard, but weirdly compelling.

And I saw this chair, which I really loved. All my living room furniture is hand-me-down. Mind, I have cats who would probably ruin the chair, but I loved it. Maybe I will reward myself by taking Labor Day Weekend to paint my living/dining rooms, as I've been meaning to do for years. Some interesting colors, for sure.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #100  
mountain walker

mnemosyne I am so glad for your dad's good news but I am sure it was good for him to have you with him!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #101  
Rosebud

MEM ~ that is great news about your DAD! That reading chair is a pretty one; looks comfy too. My only concern would be those small wheels at the front, which I am sure are there to help move it around, but I would worry they might break off. I imagine you could still use it either way though ...

MOUNTAIN ~ I mix apples with lots of fruit too; often make fruit compotes for my desserts/snacks. I made one this weekend with raspberries, apples, and rhubarb. My DAD & SM are coming for dinner tomorrow so I am thinking of making that into a pie for my Dad as he loves fruit pies. Heck, I may even toss in a few blueberries too ...
Old 08-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #102  

have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #103  
the muse of memory

Thanks, y'all! (That is the plural y'all, and the singular. Multipurpose pronouns we use below the Mason-Dixon line.)

mountainwalker - your fruit pies sound lovely. I never really adored pie growing up, so I probably did not appreciate my grandmother's expert apple pies enough. I do like the savory sort, with cheese and tomatoes. But fresh berry pies, better - fresh-picked - divine. If I find some likely berries this week I might do a "crustless" sort, baked in a ramekin in the oven.

Also: congrats on your weight loss! I am so impressed.

Oh, and my dad is headed your direction in a few weeks! Not all the way to Wales. He and his brothers are going golfing in Ireland in September. It's something he has always wanted to do, and they have talked about off and on for a while, but finally came together after he was hospitalized (: hey guys, let's go. They are going to some of the standard famous courses and finishing up with a round at Portumna in Galway - the town from which 3 of my grandmother's grandparents (so really, really distant) emigrated to the States and ultimately Nebraska back in the 1850s. We are not into genealogy, mind - just the inheritors of someone else's research - but that connection to me is pretty neat. Really, he is in pretty good health otherwise, which I think may have something to do with how well he is doing? I'm not sure. I'm just pleased.

Rosebud - I never thought of that, actually! I would not want them breaking off. And if they did it would be weird, since there are no back wheels. So it would slope forward awkwardly. The best part of the chair for me was how comfortable it was. Pretty does not always equal comfortable.

Oh, but I think I am going to paint the living/dining room combinations of those colors. One green, one a weathered, greenish turquoise, with some sort of neutral trim or something.

dgramie - I missed saying it before, but I was sorry to hear your family had more bad news, but so glad you got to see your cousin just the week before. I hope you are doing well. Are you in the drought-affected area? We are not - we did have a long dry spell early in the summer but have had pretty regular rain in July and August, and then this lovely, surprising, long period of ... normal temperatures for the past couple of weeks. Lows in the 60s, highs in the 80s. I was chilly the other night when I went outside.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #104  
Rosebud

Well, I decided to brave the scale this morning too; and I was rewarded for all my hard work -- I'm down another 7 lbs!!! So now, it's 111 lbs down -- and I want to give THANKS TO GOD, for all the wisdom and strength He has given me throughout this "back to good health journey" ...

My DAD & SM are here for a visit this week. They came for dinner tonight (they brought it with them); so I made a nice romaine salad and the dessert. I finally decided on Rhubarb/Apple Pie, with rhubarb from my own patch. I had a piece & still managed to stay under my calories (just barely though), so that was a bonus. I had cut the sugar down a bit & by using half rhubarb, that cut the calories too; but it still tasted great.

MEM ~ hey, if you love the chair and you think it's sturdy and comfortable too -- go for it. Those color combinations for your livingroom/diningroom sound nice too!

On an interesting side note: my SM was concerned about why I had lost so much weight off my face. She said it looked so much thinner than the last time they saw me. I explained that I would rather it come off my tummy area instead, but it insists on coming off other areas first. I am hoping that it will have no other choice but to come off there eventually (that seems to be the prevailing opinion anyways). I have noticed that now that I am older, I lose weight differently than I did when I was younger, so I do think it has something to do with heredity and age. (drats)

So we had a busy day today, but I wanted to come in and share my excitement with you all. Have a terrific Thursday everyone, or should I say -- y'all ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-22-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #105  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Hey y'all, glad to see everyone doing well!

I've been on point this week with food and walking. And I seen Bambi! Lolol, I was walking today, and there is a road path through the woods at my park, and she was there just chilling eating grass. I didn't have my phone with me because I feel like it's a distraction, but I wish I had it today. It was so cute.

A silly NSV - I bought these underwear ages ago, they're really cute bikini style and they were so tight they cut the circulation...I could barely squeeze them on, and then they would cut into my skin. So I gave up on them. Yesterday I put them on just for the heck of it, and they actually got a little too big! I know it's stupid, but it's something!

This weight loss thing is a process, and I'm trying to have goals and challenges without setting them too big and failing. I'm starting to learn that everybody loses weight at their own leisure and I haven't been doing too bad for myself! I have a long way to go, but I made it this far...I can keep going.

I'm 25 years old and dangit one day I will make it to the juniors section of clothing! That's like my biggest goal...
Closed Thread