Old 07-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #1  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

Default Back on it!!!

So I feel like I need to post this as just part of accepting responsibility and moving on even though I don't feel superbad or superdown on myself. I am human. Life happens ya know?

So in the beginning of May I went on a two-week vacation. Relaxed everything during that time. Didn't lose anything and didn't do any damage. By May 29th, I had crossed the threshold to the 200s, getting as low as 297.6. Was feeling super good. It's a major achievement for me. Hadn't weighed that amount in over a decade.

Then the crap hit the fan at work. Super stressful and working lots of overtime. I kinda ate whatever my food-obsessed self wanted and was drinking alcohol several times a week - which I rarely do. I stopped exercising. I gained back around 13 lbs, but it feels like 30!!

Work is finally leveling out and I've told them no more overtime. Tough. Sacrificing my health for them is simply not worth it.

I learned that losing weight and stress: well, I don't handle that very well. lol That doesn't surprise me.

What surprised me was that I missed this! I missed not only how good I felt, but the whole process of losing weight. The challenge of meeting a caloric goal each day in the most inventive and delicious way I could; of meeting my exercise goal every week; of testing my patience and tenacity and meeting those mini-goals.

I'm happy to be back! Ready to get this 13 lbs off and go far, far beyond. I'm eyeing 240s in my mind as a major subgoal.

Thanks for reading. Just had to get it out!
FrecklesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Well you are back and you know what you need to do to get back on track. That's a big step.

I know how easily work and stress can derail a perfectly good diet. I find the most important thing for me to do is plan.

I MUST pack my lunch to take to work every night before I go to bed. No matter how tired I am or how good my intentions are to do it in the morning. I must also make sure I have healthy OP breakfast food in the house. I do this by having about 4 "go to" breakfasts and when I grocery shop each week I have enough breakfast stuff to get me through all week.

I also know when I eat right and exercise I don't get stressed out as easily. When I find myself reaching for sugary carby snacks (comfort foods) I try to remind myself that the few moments of pleasure I get from them will make for hours/days of misery later!

Best of luck on continued success!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #3  
the muse of memory

Cheers, Freckles. I am so impressed that you are back and ready for it so quickly, and have not been defeated by the stress and gain. Getting back on it sooner and sooner, I think, will be key to maintaining, right? I have been 'round this cart one two many times.

Planning is key for me, too. Breakfast and lunch is usually pretty easy, but dinner! Anyway, welcome back to it!
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote