Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

My sweet precious neighbors sent over chess bars yesterday. GRRR I knew not to open the lid but I did and ate 3 of them. At least they were small. My day of eating was about 600 over my calorie limit. Today is a new day and I am back at it. I did get some awesome exercise working in the garden, No wonder my grandfather was so slim and trim. Gardening is hard work and a great cardio workout.
My big azella bush is dying. NOt sure whats going on with it. I have feed it and been trying to even water it some during this dry time. The bush is about 20yrs old. Guess I will cut out all the dead today and go from there. Wish me luck its going to be a hard job.

I found my birth half sister through facebook a few months back. She was given away at birth. Its fun to see pictures of her and talk with her. I see so many similarities in us. Cant wait to meet her in a few weeks.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- Wow, a new sister! How exciting!

I have a community garden bed at the college I work at. I stopped by yesterday to water it, and the hose that has been there was gone. So I had to take my big bucket, fill it at the spigot and lug it to the bed to water. Great workout!

Debbie -- Those cherry tomatoes ready yet?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #18  

OKay. I'm tired of my weight going up. I have been in a fog for the past several months, have gained back all the weight I lost earlier this year, and I need to take charge again.

I'm logging my food today (first time in months and the best thing for my accountability). I'm starting again!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #19  

Good morning,

Deb, how exciting! I hope things go well with your sister.

Heather, you go girl! You can get those lbs back off. I know how frustrating that is. We work so hard to lose those lbs. and then sabotage ourselves. Doesn't make any sense at all does it?

Hello to the rest of the ladies, I hope you are doing well.

Ruth
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #20  

Height: 5'11"

Still struggling myself. Thanks for the encouragement It is nice to know I'm not alone! Exercise, as always for me, not a problem. Eating, as always, a problem. It's a stress relief, and I am stressed. Luckily, we aren't going out of town again until the 4th of July week, so I have a whole month to get focused and in control. I am determined to do this, so I haven't kept straying once I've returned to routine, which is good, but now I need to work on not straying to begin with.

Good luck to all you all, too!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

a friend posted this on another thread I follow
Reality Check: If you were driving on the highway and missed your exit, you wouldn’t think, “Well, I’ve blown it now,” and continue driving four more hours in the wrong direction. No! You’d get off at the very next exit and turn around. The same is true for dieting – the moment you make a mistake, turn yourself around and get right back on track.
Such a good reminder!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather and Walrus - let's see if we can find our mojo in baby steps.

I made "some" better choices yesterday. The scale actually went in the right direction - amazing how that happens.

I made a commitment to a concerned friend that I will swim tonight - for me.

I will make a commitment to myself that I will journal my food today - no matter what the choices.

That's my baby steps for today.

Just have to say again - thank you all for your support. You each understand.

Stay strong!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Deb, I really like that analogy. Your friend sure understands what we do to ourselves when we have a slip. I think I'll share her thought at WW this morning. Congrats on finding you sister. That is soooo great!

Carol: Good for you!!!!!!! You know I can't stay even close to OP w/o making myself journal every bite. Enjoy your swim.

Walrus: WooHoo! No straying today is a great mini-goal. I've just started a new piece of cross stitch to keep my mind off stress and my hands busy. We'll see how it goes.

Heather: Now that schools over take some time for you. Relax a little. Glad you're "taking charge" of yourself again. I'd have died lugging all that water.

Hi Ruth, hope you're having a lovely day.

We seem to be missing a few folks. You know who you are. Take a minute to stop in and say HI.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #24  

Smile

Good morning ladies, Looks as if everyone is on the right track.

I struggle with what food to eat in order to keep my potassium down. It is a pretty short list if you don't like a lot of the things on it. I detest white bread, but find I can eat biscuit or corn bread with no problem. That leaves out having a sandwich. WAH! I think the yeast in the bread is not my friend. The older I get the more problems with food. If I could give up eating altogether I guess I would be better off! (not gonna happen).

My sister is struggling to gain weight, oh my! Her Dr. is on her case about losing too much. Life is just a kick in the pants one way or the other.

Have a wonderful day! Ruth
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #25  

Yesterday I didn't make the best choices, but wrote everything down, and in the end the calories weren't so bad...

Let's see what today brings.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Just got back from WW and I am and have to share.

I lost 2.6 lbs. this week and that puts me at 70.6 lbs gone and almost even better, I've broken 250 for the first time in about 25 years. To say I'm ecstatic is putting it mildly. About 15 yrs ago I hit 255, and tasted 249, which was an intermediate goal. I knew I was approaching -75 lbs and even went out and bought a citrine necklace and earrings as my 75 lb reward to myself. Then "poof" - it all went the wrong way. Well, the other day I pulled out the jewelry and am wearing it as a reminder that success is out there. What can I say? WW is really working for me and right now, my head is in the right place.

Okay, I'm going to shut up now ....... Hope you can tell it's a happy day.

Last edited by j-ann; 06-06-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: 70.6 not .2 I can't subtract. Just checked my WW log.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #27  

Judy!! I am THRILLED for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your head in that great space!!!!! I like hearing about your success as I struggle to get my own head in place.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #28  

Yay! Judy, you have a right to be proud. Keep it up!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #29  

Judy - I'm so proud of you! You are a rock star!

Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #30  

Yesterday I had a POP day - all food recorded and an hour of water aerobics.

I know it was just day one but it feels so good.

Stay strong!
Closed Thread