Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #31  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

My breakfast lately is one egg over medium, a slice of cinnamon raisin swirl bread with cream cheese, some sort of fruit and two big cups of coffee!

In the past i've done the veggie scrambles, breakfast tacos and breakfast sandwiches.

A McDonald's egg muffin is 300 calories. Sometimes that's good in a crunch and their coffee is really good!
FrecklesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #32  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspuffypants View Post
imnotperfect. i used to be the same way, but really, you need to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up. something! anything! is better than nothing at all. i used to be able to get up at 9am and go til 4pm without even thinking about food. its called breakfast for a reason. you're breaking your fast. your car doesnt go without gas, your body wont work properly without food!
I'm editing this post to remove a semi-sarcastic response, as it's really not at all fair to take my hormone-induced irritability out on others. (seriously, I'm on hormone injections and they're making me WAY over-react to things)

I do get a little frustrated though when I read things like this, princesspuffypants. We're all entitled to our opinions, of course, but there is no hard and fast, universal truth to this idea that everyone needs to eat breakfast. It's like the "no eating after 7pm" rule, or the "exercise in the morning" one. I break ALL of those rules, and lots of others, and it has worked just fine for me. And works just fine for many other people. I firmly believe that the best diet plan/eating strategy/whatever is the one that works for YOU - and that is going to be different for everyone.

Last edited by chickadee32; 05-15-2012 at 08:06 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #33  
Fitty, the Pound-Slayer

S/C/G: 303/287/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
I would eat breakfast but since my gall bladder removal surgery a year and a half ago, I have needed to take an anti-diarrheal medication first thing in the morning so I can get through the day without problems (gross, huh? )
I have had similar issues since my gallbladder removal a couple of years ago. One thing my doctor told me was to make sure I wasn't eating anything with too much fat or anything that is tough to digest. I don't know if you have tried this, but drinking my breakfast (like a milk protein shake or green juice) doesn't tend to cause that effect and still fills me up. Your mileage may very, but maybe that can help!

But to the OP: Like I said above, I like to drink my breakfast. I tend to like Odwalla products (like their protein drinks or green juice). Any kind of smoothie or juice can be a great way to start the day in a mild way, just watch the ingredients for unhealthy stuff or calories.

Last edited by fatbookworm; 05-15-2012 at 09:24 PM.
fatbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

I will have an egg white omelet (grilled chicken, green peppers oniions and spinach) with salsa or just egg whites with salsa
i also do greek yogurt and a banana
or grapefruit and apples
if i do a protein shake, i have skim milk, 2 scoops protein powder (choc), a whole banana and a tsp of peanut butter. i dont get hungry again until the afternoon (i have the shake around 7)
those are pretty much my options. if im not hungry, i dont eat and wait until i do. or i have leftovers for breakfast
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 406/394/200

Height: 5"7

I am pretty good in the mornings. Today I have natural yoghurt, grapenuts and fruit, like usual. I normally get a cereal bar on the way to work (totally FAKE healthy; them things go the nutrition of a chocolate bar most of the time!) Oh yeah, and some sweets. I am going to try and cut out the last 2 of course. Diet starts tomorrow, and that is for real!
JoseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Breakfast is the worst for me! I always have coffee with fat free creamer and pink sugars, two cups. Food? This doesn't happen often enough. I do take fiber one bars with me in the car with my to-go cup of coffee (my 2nd cup comes along!), or my boyfriend scrambles eggs, enough for us both, and I take a few bites of his and half his english muffin. On the weekends, we go out sometimes for breakfast, but usually late enough to be brunch at our favorite tex-mex place or a breakfast buffet (bad!!!). Good choices are listed above, not in the last statement. I'm starting Slim-Fast Monday, already bought the shakes and bars. Probably not the best choice of liquid diet, but will keep much of my calories in check throughout each day, and I will make sure I get something in me in the mornings.
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #37  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

a banana or just some fruit maybe watermelon or grapefruit its fast and easy and ur sure to eat on time

or a smoothie of unsweetened coconut milk and some fruit

Last edited by going2bskinny; 05-17-2012 at 07:18 PM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #38  
Woman on a mission!!!

S/C/G: 211.05/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I was forced to give up coffee a few months back due to heartburn!!! Starbucks seems to be the only one not giving it to me but it is not in my daily budget! Just this week I started Special K in the mornings when I get to work. I only eat a small bowl and surprisingly it is keeping me quite full! That paired with the massive amounts of water I drink! I am eating the Vanilla & Almond one. Its very tasty!!
shainasb818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 299/268/145

Height: 5'4

Scrambled eggs with a little cheese or I have a protein shake made with almond milk and protein powder. On atkins induction right now so mostly eggs.
Kierra is offline   Reply With Quote