Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 400/318/150

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up Motivation

I'm constantly looking for things to motivate me. If I don't have motivation I'll easily quit. It's probably the main thing that keeps me going. I like to go on google and look at motivational quotes or pictures. I found something that made me stop and think. It said, "Pain doesn't tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows [I]if you continue, you will change.[I] Don't let it stop you from who you can be. Exhaustion tells you when you ought to stop. You only reach your limit when you can go no further." This really encouraged me to reach my limit.
ppeck14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Great qoute!! Thanks for sharing.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Exhaustion tells you when you ought to stop ...

Well, I think many people would agree with ^that^ -- but my doctor once told me that pain was the body's way of signaling to us that we are hurting ourselves, and on the verge of a possible injury. He said it wasn't necessary to suffer or hurt ourselves to achieve results; and, that it was the "length of time" we spent doing any activity that was more important.

Plus, we can improve our health and enjoy ourselves too ~ that's what motivates me to continue on. For instance, dancing is one of my favorite physical activities becuz it is so much fun that I forget how long I am doing it ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #4  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

I think there is discomfort which you can work through then there is straight-up pain that you should listen to, but great quote anyway.

I just went through several days of awful PMS that made me crave a lot of food and made me feel really down. For the first time in almost 8 months I was questioning whether I could do this. Even though I knew it was only hormones, it messed with me and my motivation quite a bit. I found myself praying for the day thing to start so I could get back to business.

I'm like you. I look at lots of before/after, read stories/blogs, watch yt vids and now shopping has become motivation. Soooo many more cute clothes for plus size then 10 years ago. I chuckle when people complain about lack of pretty clothes. I'm thinking "ya'll have noooo idea!"
FrecklesTX is offline   Reply With Quote