Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #61  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quiet here for a Monday. Hope everyone is well.

We ended up with about 3 inches of snow yesterday. Then today out came the sun and "poof" it's almost all gone.

Other than grocery shopping I've had a lazy day. Tried Lean Cuisine Thai style noodles w/chicken for lunch. It was good and the whole wheat noodles had lots of staying power. I usually add veggies if I have a commercial, pre-made meal but this had a lot of veggies so I had a salad on the side. It was more than enough.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Remember to take time to love and respect yourself as well as any special people in your life.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

We got our snow - not I'm ready for spring! It was enough that all the schools cancelled and now it's sleeting - oh well....

The roasted vegs came out great - I did cauliflower and asparagus - the asparagus were the bomb! I love both of these just steamed and would never tire of them but it is nice to have an alternative.

I was feeling pretty snacky tonight - really wanting another ice cream treat. I had an orange instead - victory.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #63  

Hi ladies. I'm 45 years old and on a pretty intense fitness program. Feels great to step it up a notch. I am at the gym 4-5 days/week. 3 days weights and cardio. 2 days just cardio. I pick 2 days a week to do an extra cardio session.

It's going great and super motivated.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Happy Valentines Day!! Be good to yourself today! and stay away from the candy!!

Last edited by dgramie; 02-14-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME MommaYomma! Join our exercise thread!!

We're worried about one of our dogs. He's not feeling well, and for the first time ever, not interested in food!! We're waiting on bloodwork, and at least he's able to rest comfortably now. He was in lots of pain Sun night...
Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #66  

Good morning!

Heather, I hope your doggie is ok. They are like family.

Welcome mommaYomma, you will like it here.

Deb, did you get the valentine candy too? I am giving mine back to DH in a day or so. Don't want to hurt his feelings, but wouldn't you think he would know better by now?

Carol, try different veggies roasted. I have an acorn squash I am going to bake for my lunch.

j-ann, I like a lot of the lean cuisines, I have never tried the thai style. I will have to try that one. I usually add a salad also.

Hello to anyone I missed. Higs to all. Ruth
Old 02-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #67  

Ruth- one of my little kids I keep came in with a bag of turtles for me. I was going to eat just one and next thing i knew I had eaten 4. I put them in the cookie jar so I should be fine now that they are out of sight.

Hubby had a dr appointment out of town and had lunch with his buddy. I got a call from a friend whos husband works night shift and asked me to go eat with her. We had a great time but I over did it on chips. WE ate way late for me and the restraunt was packed and we munched on chips for ages waiting for our food. Today will include lots and lots of water!!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like it was mixed success yesterday. We only do cards so no candy around here.

Ruth - let me know about the squash. I'm anxious to try butternut fries I saw made recently - I love making sweet potatoe "fries" and may try the method with them also. Basically you put your fries on a cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet allowing the moisture to get out.

Rainy and rumbling today - would be a good day for a nap.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #69  

Fingers crossed. Off to WW soon. Hoping the scale moved down more than a lb. It's raining.

Back later.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #70  

The dog is a lot better, but won't eat his kibble. He's hungry. This morning he only wants baby carrots. Yesterday he ate some other food (blueberries, pumpkin, apples) but not today.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #71  

WW didn't take me to my happy place today. It wasn't awful but I hate it when I try really hard to stay OP and end up with losing only 0.6 lbs. Oh well. I'm not letting my disappointment get to me. Hoping for a woosh soon, maybe next week will be the one if I'm really lucky. If not there's always the week after that.

Heather: Glad the dog's feeling a bit better.

Deb: Darn turtles. At least you stopped yourself. I hate it when I'm late eating. I turn into a garbage disposal. LOL

Everyone have a great day.

“Success requires a backbone, not a wishbone.”
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #72  

carol- you must be sending the storms my way. We might be in for a rough night they said. fun fun
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #73  

After you all get through with the bad weather it is heading our way.

Deb, love turtles, I couldn't have them in my house...not for long anyway.

Carol, I didn't do the squash after all. I was on the phone too much. LOL! Usually I would cut it in half, clean it out, drizzle with butter and then put brown sugar on it. It takes a while to bake. Now I would use brown sugar twin and spray it with butter flavor pam. I am sure it won't be the same, but maybe it won't be bad.

Heather, I hope the puppy is ok.

j-ann there were a lot of weeks that I only lost minimum weight on WW. but in the end I had lost 109 lbs of lard, so however long it takes...it takes! I could kick myself today for not keeping that weight off. The sneaky stuff just kept creeping up and up. I wasn't' paying enough attention to it.

Have a wonderful day ladies. Ruth
Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #74  

Dog is still not his normal eating (vacuum) self, but I did get a good meal in him last night. I hope this resolves itself soon...
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #75  

Height: 5'11"

Lots of work keeping me down lately, and it's TOM, which makes me just plain hungry. I've been keeping within my calorie range, though, if not at the lower end any more My sister-in-law is visiting for 5 days this weekend, Friday through Tuesday. I love her, but that means that I won't get any time to myself until a week from Monday. Wish me luck! It always makes me eat more when I'm anxious or tense, and constant contact, even with my husband, puts me in my unhappy place I have a plan, though, so I have hope!

Still loving the boxing game -- it's fun to have characters that you can dislike, and then pummel them into submission It's pretty much shadowboxing, but with a game element, so I'm pretty stoked that it's still entertaining me. I haven't used the hand weights much yet, but I'm glad to have them in reserve!

My husband keeps dropping weight like nobody's business. Kind of frustrating -- I'm really pleased for him, but it's really making me feel all alone in my struggles. No matter how many issues he may have with weight, he will never understand what it's like to be on plan -- or struggling to be so -- for years and still not lose the weight. He can just decide he's going to do it, join WW, and bang, lose 4 pounds a week, every week, without adding any exercise or changing what he's eating -- just the amount. I could weep! Except that it is really good for him to do this. Conflicting emotions, anyone?

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm doing! Just wish that I could have a couple -- heck even just 1 -- week with a 4-pound loss...

Happy almost weekend, everyone!
Closed Thread