Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Goodnuff: Have a great vacation! Enjoy!
RachaelM: I LOVE turtles. Yum! Sounds like you are doing great so yes, don't let the .8 on the scale get you down. It will come right off.
Welcome SisiLeah! Glad to have you here. How's it going?
I'm hanging in there. Indulged in WAY TOO MUCH Blueberry Crumb cake this week. Otherwise, it hasn't been too bad. Have had a lot of "extra" things this week in the evenings but did make it to the Gym on Tuesday. Still pressing forward...
Have a great day!!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #32  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Well ladies my goals for this month have been shot to heck. I am taking a break from the scale because of my not doing so well. I will continue to count calories and watch what I am eating but there is no way in this world I am going to weigh myself at the present moment. So say some prayers or light some candles for me to succeed without weighing myself.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #33  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Oh lynnie, I will send some positive thoughts your way. This whole thing is so tough. I myself can not make my mind up about what I want. It is so frustrating sometimes.
Tw, I'm g,ad to hear that you are still pressing forward. Actually I think that is what we all are doing in our own way.
Keep on pressing ladies!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #34  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
Oh lynnie, I will send some positive thoughts your way. This whole thing is so tough. I myself can not make my mind up about what I want. It is so frustrating sometimes.
Tw, I'm g,ad to hear that you are still pressing forward. Actually I think that is what we all are doing in our own way.
Keep on pressing ladies!
Thanks sweetheart but I am really buckling down
Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 395/378/225

Height: 5'10"

Jumping in the threat a bit late, but my goals for the REST of February include....
- Drink less diet coke/pepsi (especially hard since I just switched over to night shift at work and don't do coffee)
- Exercise 3 times a week, minimum 20-minutes
- Take a quick walk (10 minutes or so) before work three times a week.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #36  
Divine

AS some of you know I am 36 years old. Well this morning I feel older because I found a whole patch of gray hair at the front of my head. I am trying to get back on track but its very hard not eating at night so my husband is going to say something to me late at night.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #37  

Lol on the grays. I have a whole patch right on top of my head. Thank goodness Moody is a hairstylist!
I hope having the hubby say something helps. I'm so defiant it would probably make me eat even more.
Welcome kellz, it's never too late!
I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #38  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Lynn I'm 36 too. I just started coloring my hair, I am absolutely amazed at how much gray is in my head. I don't like it! I don't know how I'd do with my husband saying something about my eating. I think I might feel like goodnuff & eat more just cause "you can't tell me what to do" LOL, But I am glad to see you working some different angles, hey whatever works, right??

goodnuff - I am doing OK, I hope you're doing well. My weight loss has really slowed, but you know what, I'm still going down, and that is the most important thing to me. If I was truly upset about it, I wouldn't go over calories at least one day a week. Persistance, not perfection.

Hey thekellz, good to meet you. How are your goals going? Crystal light now makes an 'energy' mix, maybe that would help you cut your diet coke consumption. IDK, as long as I'm drinking diet, I really don't stress over it. But then, I'm not concerned about artificial sweeteners & such. I know a lot of people don't like those things.

I hope everyone is doing well. We're almost through with February, then we'll have a whole new opportunity to set goals for March!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:56 AM   #39  

Well, I've gained some...ok 5 pounds. I knew it was happening, I've been overeating out of frustration and to stay awake during my night shifts. But I've caught myself now and am trying to be more cognizant of what I'm doing.
I hope you all are doing okay. I miss our daily check-ins. I think we should strive for that again. Anyone with me?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #40  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
Well, I've gained some...ok 5 pounds. I knew it was happening, I've been overeating out of frustration and to stay awake during my night shifts. But I've caught myself now and am trying to be more cognizant of what I'm doing.
I hope you all are doing okay. I miss our daily check-ins. I think we should strive for that again. Anyone with me?
I will try to be here daily. I feel for ya though because I am going through the same exact thing. All I want to do is eat because I know it will comfort me during my frustrations.

Lynn
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #41  
Divine

Hey ladies.. How is everyone doing? I am not doing bad. I have interview tomorrow so I hope I get this job it will help with weight loss.

Lynn
Old 02-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #42  

Good luck with your interview, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
I know some of the ladies won't be on until tomorrow because of their schedules so hopefully we can get more people on board with checking in more frequently.
Eating is going better and I've been getting activity in by practicing for the flash mob at my nieces wedding...which is totally exciting to me. I don't even care if I look a fool, I've always wanted to be in a flash mob. Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Having some major issues with joint/muscle pain. I'm going to go see A chiropractor/naturopath for a different route. I really don't want a $3,500 medical bill right before I start travel nursing so I'm hoping to avoid an infusion for my RA. I hope this guy can help.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #43  
Divine

Good Morning ladies!!! I am here doing my check in and letting you know how I am doing. Still eating in the middle of the night so I think I may try drinking a glass of milk when I get up in the middle of the night. I have an interview at 3 today so keep your fingers crossed for me. I am also going to go to Bed Bath Beyond because they give automatic interviews when you come in and fill out an application. I am very much trying to make as much bracelets and anklets to sell on Etsy. But can only do so much on a limited income yanno?

Lynn
Old 02-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday all!
Sorry I haven't been on here regularly. I tried to sign on Friday but it wouldn't let me. It kept going back to the home page, weird! Anyways, I am here. I have been weighing in each week and this past Saturday was down .2. Since January 21st I have been between 266.2 and 267.8. As of Saturday I am 266.8. I have exercised 2-3 times a week all but one week since the first of the year (the one week I did get it in once that week). I have not tracked a thing in a couple weeks. TOM is here now and boy have I wanted to eat and I have. Not as bad as I could but still not great. This week is another busy week but lately they ALL seem to be busy weeks. Anyways, I am hanging in there. It is good to see y'all posting. I miss that and I need it.
Lynnie, good luck at your interview! I am praying you get this job and it is all you hope for. I totally understand wanting to eat for comfort. I think that TOM being here has made me want to eat but I have also felt really lonely lately (despite being busy). I long for a meaningful relationship (of course with the physical benefits) and that "longing" has been even more so the past week or so. So I turn to food for that comfort. Not a good choice but a normal one unfortunately. Hopefully, while we continue to make these bad choices we can stop them sooner now that we are aware of what we are doing. If we don't stop the bad choices then we just have to know they are choices and all chocies have consequences (good and bad). Hang on with me! We have to get past this.
Goodnuff: I have always thought it would be so cool to be in a flash mob. How FUN!!!! I hope your joint pain in getting better. I have a lot of low back pain and I just "deal with it" but 2 weeks ago I went and did something I have never done before...I got an hour and a half massage with a therapist that does trigger point release and really knows her stuff. It was wonderful! I was SHOCKED how much it helped. I've had a half dozen or so hour long massages but apparently never with a great therapist and certainly not for an hour and half. I have signed up for a monthly massage now. It will be a stretch financially but if the others are as good as this last one, it will be SO worth it.
How are you rachaelm?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #45  

Hope your interviews went super well! Let us know!
Tw is right! We do seem to snap back quicker and quicker and try different tactics more easily than in the past when our only tactic was giving in to the eating.
Oh my, your massage sounds good. I hope it keeps on helping.
Closed Thread