Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 378/340/200

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telorida View Post
Yep, I single-handedly keep my local Lane Bryant in business and I hate it.

I'm relatively new, and while I love participating with the vets, this is a good place for me to jump in. I'm trying to kick the exercise into gear in February (my gym bag is packed for tomorrow!) and otherwise, I'm trying to eat intuitively for at least three months. If that doesn't work--and I have vowed not to give up on it until the end of April--then I will start trying to count calories more strictly.

SOMEDAY I will be able to make plans without asking myself "am I likely to embarrass myself at this event due to my weight?"
I dont think I can eat intuitively. I'd be all " intuitively, my body NEEDS me to eat eight fun -sized candy bars." lol, I'm so not good at paying attention to hunger signals etc. I need to work on that!
Sugarzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #17  

Watchoutforthatcar: Crystal light has a new " Mojito" flavour! It's just like drinking a Mojito except for the no booze, synthetic lime and vague mint mouthwash taste!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Jones View Post
I normally loathe all the kumbaya life-affirming quotes everywhere - but this is probably my favorite when it comes to weight loss. It basically tells it like it is, which I appreciate, and emphasizes the choice we have in the matter. It really is a choice - and when I think of it that way, it seems less daunting and out of my control.

Losing weight is very difficult, but so is living life as a fat person.

Between the two, it's obvious where I stand at this point in my life.

LOL! I'm going to make you a kumbaya poster. It says : " nothing tastes as good as thin feels! Hang in there, baby! " and it shows a kitten dangling from a tree branch and the kitten is wearing a pair of Lame Bryant embroidered jeans with bling and sleeveless t-shirt with fringe and flowers on it. SEXY!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #19  

Haha, a few times a year I totally forget how BAD Roman's clothing is and I will order a few t-shirts and receive them and they are supposed to be plain cotton t-shirts but they are made out of some weird polyester mix of death fabric.

Someday I'll stop looking at the BEFORE pictures of The Biggest Loser contestants and think: " wow, I'd love to be that small." LOL.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #20  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarzombie View Post
Watchoutforthatcar: Crystal light has a new " Mojito" flavour! It's just like drinking a Mojito except for the no booze, synthetic lime and vague mint mouthwash taste!
Lolol! So, I'll get that minty mouthwash fresh feeling throughout the day. Score!
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoutforthatcar View Post
Lolol! So, I'll get that minty mouthwash fresh feeling throughout the day. Score!
Looool. Next new flavour: crystal lite milkshake.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Awe girls, move to Canada! LOL I love Additionelle they are NOT as good as they use to be but I can still find clothes that are cute. Even at my size...

Someday I will be able to shop in the forever 21 plus size section. I know that seems weird to wish for but I think I'd be happy if I wore a size 16-18, with my appearance anyhow.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #23  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

I am not new but i do have somedays

SO

SOMEDAY I will look into a mirror and not want to cry
SOMEDAY I will lose the 20 lbs I need to hit 100 lbs loss
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Lame Bryant.. too funny! I totally agree with everything about that store. I try to shop at Maurices when I can but at the moment I am too fat to fit in their clothes. They only go up to 24 and I am about a 26. I've been shopping at Old Navy's Plus Size Maternity for jeans. Isn't that horrible. They have a pair with a denim covered elastic waistband and you really can't tell they are maternity jeans. They fit me better than any jean I have ever owned even when I was skinny. They fit like a 26 in the waist but more like a 24 in the butt/hips/thighs and that is exactly what I need.

Right now I am just trying to walk and walk and walk. I want to walk 1000 miles in 2012. It probably won't happen, but I am trying. I've walked a little over 56 miles in January and lost 15 lbs to boot. But I have held still around the same weight for the last 9 days and I have no clue what on earth is up with that.

I have tons of somedays.

SOMEDAY I would like to feel pretty again.
SOMEDAY I would like to fit in a size 24 regular jeans and have them fit well.
SOMEDAY I'd like to shop at Maurices again.
SOMEDAY I'd like to be able to wear my swimsuit and not feel like a whale.
SOMEDAY I'd like to not need to pull my shorts pretty much up to my whoha when I walk/run to keep my thighs from rubbing.
SOMEDAY I'd like to feel that I am pretty enough to be my DH's wife. I'm like WTF does he see in me?
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #25  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I dont think I can eat intuitively. I'd be all " intuitively, my body NEEDS me to eat eight fun -sized candy bars." lol, I'm so not good at paying attention to hunger signals etc. I need to work on that!
This has been a HUGE learning experience for me. I have been afraid of the same thing. But I feel like even though I trip up, I am learning so much about myself.

When I first started, I picked out a "hunger scale" (there are several to choose from, google it and decide which one makes most sense to you). I took a notebook everywhere and if I so much as THOUGHT about food, I wrote down the date, time, where I judged myself to be on the scale, and made some notes about what was going on. I would write about why I wanted to eat even though I didn't feel "hungry" at all. I learned a lot of emotional triggers during January doing this.

I had one binge, and it wasn't "that bad" as binges go. I didn't tear myself apart over it, and I didn't tell myself that I ruined the day and may as well eat "off plan" until tomorrow. I just moved on and it was over. Not following a plan means I can't ruin anything. I can only learn.

Now, if I learn by the end of April that this is slow as molasses in January, I will cut calories until the wedding to try to trim down a bit. But escaping the diet mentality has been very freeing for me.

Some people DO gain as they start doing Intuitive Eating, because they are unconsciously testing themselves, like a child tests a parent. "I can have whatever I want, but what about COOKIES, and CAKE, and PIE, and ICECREAM!" If I had reacted to my binge by saying, "Ok, no more IE for you - back to counting calories/carbs/polka dots," I think it would have reinforced the diet mentality that I want to escape for good. I want to know how to eat in normal, everyday life.

Anyway, this isn't an IE thread, so I'll stop clogging it with my IE-evangelism.
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #26  

Awww Baioeysmomna, you ARE pretty! I can tell by your forum pic that you have a beautiful face! And no, I am not " you have such a pretty face-ing" you!

Telorida: see that is my problem, I totally need to cut down on my polka dots I think how you explain your plan is probably the sanest way to approach food in life. Someday I'm going to start eating ONLY when I'm hungry, not as entertainment or therapy!

Today I AM going to get my water in. I have no issues thus far being on plan, it's sort of this loooooooong waiting game. I know I will never be " off my diet" and I have to make a forever lifestyle change, but there HAS to be a point where I start to feel healthier and my knees no longer hurt when walking up stairs. I've been spring cleaning ( in winter!) to occupy myself but I may need a hobby. I can't do needlework to save my life and I have no interest in scrap booking. Can kitten collecting be a hobby?! I read like crazy but I need something else! And not cooking. Meh!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Awww Baioeysmomna, you ARE pretty! I can tell by your forum pic that you have a beautiful face! And no, I am not " you have such a pretty face-ing" you!
Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. At one point in my life I was VERY pretty but not skinny and when I was there I just couldn't see it. Now that I am heavy I would LOVE to be back to where I was when I thought I was fat. Does that make sense?
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

I'm not new but here are my somedays

someday I will walk into the store and pull any dress off the rack and where
someday I will wear my 2st bikini

I wish Torrid was cheaper...I love their clothes! Like some I'm struggling to know when I'm hungry it is so hard for me. When food is there I just eat it, I have to stop that.
ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #29  
Tel

S/C/G: 317/304.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I may need a hobby. I can't do needlework to save my life and I have no interest in scrap booking. Can kitten collecting be a hobby?! I read like crazy but I need something else! And not cooking. Meh!
I would SO collect kittens if I could!

Have you considered trying to learn (or practicing if you already know) a musical instrument? You can't play the piano, a guitar, a trumpet, etc, with greasy fingers!

And Baileysmomma, you are pretty NOW. I have no doubt that you will like how you look BETTER at another weight, but don't sell yourself short right now.

As for me, I ache so bad after a full weight session at the gym yesterday and about an hour on the elliptical today. Gym again tomorrow... better go pack my gym bag.
Telorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #30  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

It's so hard and exhausting trying to lose weight. I'm kind of fighting with myself, because I'm right in the beginning, and I just wanna be like 200 lbs right now, lolol. Just 200! But that is sooooo far away. *sigh* Can we just speed up the next few months?
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote