Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ and getting fit after 40 - #294

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year!!
ruth- hubby and I stayed home alone. Our youngest and her guy went to a party with a few friends but they were back home by a few min after midnight. I didnt even plan on staying up till midnight but I did make it. Planning on going to church today and thats about all the plans I have for today.
Has anyone ever cooked cabbage in a crockpot? I have a friend who says its awesome and so easy. Guess I will be trying it today. I will let you know how it turns out.

I plan on really watching my calories today but hitting it totally tomorrow!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #3  
New Journey - New Life

S/C/G: 338.8/319/180

Height: 5'6"

I have spent the weekend getting all the "bad" stuff packed up and donating to food bank.......cleaned shelves and replaced with good choices. Plan on preparing foods today to freeze for lunches for this next week for work I'm off to a great start, just need to stay in this zone!

Looks like snow is headed our way in Indiana today, so I will probably get out and shovel later and feel it even more later!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Jen
Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi Jen, welcome! Sounds like you're off to a good start. Love your profile pic! I'm not so very far from you, but far enough south that I think the snow will miss us.

Deb, sorry, no help here on the cabbage. I don't cook cabbage in any way. DH is lucky to get his sauerkraut (pre-packaged) today.

I'm going to see how many POP days I can string together over the course of 2012. My "plan" today is really easy, so there's no excuse for not making today day 1. What I have to do today: record everything and count it up; exercise for 15 minutes; and get at least 4 glasses of water in.

I have one week until school starts back up. Lots to do before then, but top of the list is to get myself back on the POP wagon.

Angela
Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

WOW! It's January and there are folks out on the golf course here today. Won't last though. Winter's going to make another try at us starting tomorrow afternoon. It's 50º today. The high for Tues. might be 20º if we're really lucky but then we're back above freezing by Thursday. December put us behind about 3.5 feet of snow for the season. Hope Mother Nature doesn't decide to play catch-up.

I took another big bag of jeans and slacks to the church charity bin yesterday. I'm trying to make even thinking of doing any regaining really hard & expensive.

The New Year came in while I slept but at 1:15 AM someone who either couldn't read a clock, or ran out of beer, decided it was time to light fire crackers on the street behind us. I was pi$$ed, to put it mildly.

Food cravings are back under control, I hope. Yesterday was OP and so far today I'm good.

Welcome Jen. It's nice to see a new face.

Everyone have a super, OP, 1st day of the year.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #6  
Vortex

Okay, not quite bedtime, but I think I can put today in the books. Though I ate more calories than I would have liked, I met all my goals today, so I'm counting this as my first day POP for the year.

Tomorrow, POP means <2000 calories, 15 minutes intentional exercise, and 4 glasses of water. I'm going to work my way down to my target calorie zone by next week, I hope.

How did the rest of you ring in the new year?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #7  

Welcome Jen! Sounds like you have a great plan lined out.

Judy - scares me to think winter is late getting started. We had 65 on Saturday. Ready to get it over with - c'mon spring.

Angela - yeah for day 1 POP - today will be my first POP day of 2012.

Ruth - is the house on the market yet? Happy new year.

Heather, Deb and everyone else - let's string together lots of POP days - we've done it before and we'll do it NOW.

Stay strong!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! I'm with you!! I need to get back on track!

Classes start tomorrow, and I will go to work today to get ready. Already packed lunch and snacks and I think I know what dinner is tonight. I'm detoxing from sugar and hope that helps.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #9  

Im ready to string OP day together!! I am so miserable and the weight is way up. The ticker reflects the weight and it makes me sad to look at it. TIme to start moving that thing back down.

The cabbage was awesome. I cut up the sausage in the bottom and place the cabbage on top, added a bit of water(less than one inch) and cooked it on high for 4 hours. I heard on low for 8-9 is perfect. I plan to eat the left over cabbage today. I will be skipping the sausage to high is sodium.

We are getting cold weather starting today but I saw we are warming up again to the 50s by the weekend. I hope we continue to have a mild winter.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

So far so good for me. The first day of the year was OP!

Cold and windy here. Snow expected tonight. Up to 9"! Think I'm going to hunker down and stay in tomorrow. We'll see about Wed. as it gets closer.

ANGELA: Good plan to get you back in the groove.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #11  

I had a bump in the road but survived it and stayed within my calorie limit. I got invited out to mexican for lunch. We all know how easy that can mess us up. I baked chicken breast for dinner to go with a huge veggie salad.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

One day, POP!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #13  
Vortex

WTG Judy, Deb, Heather!

POP here today, too, though I started drinking too late and now I'm full of water. So tomorrow I'll definitely have to start drinking the decaf stuff earlier.

Cheers~~

Angela
Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #14  

I was looking forward to weighing this morning and step on the scale and it said LO..and I know its not my weight.LOL time to replace the battery.
Hubby goes to the dr today and I expect to see med changes. His glucose has been staying to high. He is trying to eat better so maybe she will cut him a little slack but I kinda doubt it. His dr is pretty moody and today is the first day back at work for them. LOL
Im looking forward to a new season of biggest loser starting tonight.
If I can make myself work hard this next few months I would love to show a good weight loss during the season of bl.

Thinking a big pot of soup sounds good for today, loads of veggies in it!

We can do this!! Lets make this our year!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #15  

POP for me too! Let's string this energy together - we can do this! I was stuffed at the end of the day and ended up at 1364 calories - that's a lot of good choices. Not sure about today's menu but it will be healthy.

Stay strong!
Closed Thread