Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

POP for me too!

Too cold to run around outdoors. Think I'll stay in and pay bills.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

I have a stack of them to pay today also judy. yuck!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #18  

Good morning ladies.....BRRRR! cold this morning!

Carol, no the house is not on the market yet. Oldest daughter thought we should wait a month or so. She thought the yard in full bloom would help with curb appeal. I am sure she is right about that. I have some lovely early spring flowers.

Yep, I am paying bills as they come in. Does it seem to you that the first of the month comes around more often than it should?

I hate to admit it, but I am still not 100% back op. I start each day off so well too! curses. Sooner rather than later would be good.

OK, I have used enough smilies for now. Ruth
Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #19  

Height: 5'11"

Hi all!

Happy New Year!

It's suddenly cold here, too, but I have a secret weapon -- our old Playstation died the Wednesday before Christmas, and because it's what we use to play movies (it's a BluRay player as well as a game system), we decided to replace it so that when my family was here we could watch the Christmas classics And then they had a sale, so for $50 more, we could get the Move bundle, so we did. And it's fun! We had one set of sports games that came in the bundle, and I'm doing a little of that every day. The only game that seems to really get my blood moving is the gladiator one, but boxing has always been my favorite part of training with my trainers, so that's fine with me! It may not be muscle-building, but I have to imagine it's a reasonable cardio workout -- I certainly end up sweating by the end of it! I'm going to remember to wear my heart rate monitor one time this week and see what it says. At the very least, it's certainly preferable to huddling on the sofa all night!

Food-wise, well, probably the less said about that the better. I'm trying right now to just eat reasonably, and then today I'm starting with the calorie tracking again. My husband is the cook in the family, and he has promised to provide 700-calorie meals every night, which will be awesome. He is fabulous, but his follow-through isn't always on par, so we'll see whether this happens, and for how long, but he needs it even more than I do, so hopefully this will get us both moving in the right direction together.

I do know that when we hit the grocery store for the first shopping trip of the year we came home with salad greens (and dried cranberries for the salad -- he is a king among men when it comes to his salads! My favorite has champagne-pear vinegar dressing, dried cranberries, a little crumbled goat cheese, and some toasted pine nuts), dry-roasted nuts, and fruit. Tonight he's picking up some milk and some peanut butter (which I love to heat in the microwave and then dip fruit into for a lunch treat -- it makes a nice, thin coating that is, for me, so much more satisfying than a big glob). And then we should be set for a while, what with the leftovers from Christmas still floating around

I have total faith in his ability to make healthy, 700-calorie meals out of what we have available -- as long as his determination lasts!

So it looks like I have a plan! I'm pretending that the last 4 months never happened. And although I may not make my goals for this spring, I will for darn sure be farther along than if I had never restarted again at all.

Onward and Upward!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Hi everyone,
I have been on 3FC for about a year and a half now and have posted sometimes here but I usually stick to the Wellness Goals post mainly becasue I get lost keeping track of everyone in all the other threads. That is pretty sad isn't it. But I have always loved this thread so I thought I may try to follow along for awhile. I started at 326 and 41 years old. Now I am 42 and at 272.4. I REALLY wanted to be lower by now but I am please I am making progress. This past 6 months have not been good for weightloss so I am looking forward to the freash new year. I really want to be under 200 by the end of the year. I know it is "dobale" but man is losing weight after 40 harder. I never really believed that until it happened to me. :-(
Anyways, I hope to get to know you all better. It sounds like everyone is off to a great start. I was POP yesterday and so far so good today. I need to make it to the grocery store in the next day or two but I really feel good about things so far.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm on track for a 2nd POP day! Helps to have healthy food on hand. But I couldn't believe how many cookies were at the office!! I am on a sugar detox, however, and it was easy (today) to just say no.

Good to see some people returning!!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #22  

I made a huge pot of veggie soup yesterday. One bowl really fills you up and hits the spot. We plan on having it again today for lunch. I didnt weigh this morning. Hubby bought a new battery for our scales but it never made it up to the bedroom. Maybe staying off the scales for a few days is just what I need.
Im still coming in low on my water. I will try and increase it today.I may try and add some flavoring today to get me going on it again.
Im thinking of going for a walk when my youngest 2 kids I keep go home today and just take one for a walk. Thats if his mom doesnt mind him being outside in the cold.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Got the bills paid - wow that was a workout! POP day - feeling good even though I had my lunch plans "upset". The plate my lunch was on exploded in the microwave - obviously couldn't eat with the broken pieces in it. This could throw me into a tissy but stepped back and made a good choice.

Stay strong!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol == Wow, that's scary!!!! I'm with you on the bill paying workout -- I paid off our kitchen bill from Lowes last night. ouch.

It feels really good to have 2 POP days under my belt.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #25  

Oh the joys of Winter ..... Weigh in morning for me. It's just too cold to hit my early morning WW meeting. I go to a WW center and they have weigh ins all day on Wed. I'll either weigh in later today or go to an early meeting tomorrow morning when it's supposed to be much warmer.

May be back later.
Have a great OP day.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Had a great day yesterday, was POP! Two days in a row...it's been a long time since that happened. I could get a little more water in too but still doing well. Brought my lunch today to work so that will help keep me on track for another day. Carol, that is scary! I'll have to keep on eye out on the microwave.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #27  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

TW: That's great progress!

Heather: WTG!

My week has gotten a bit derailed. DH had a sudden attack of what I'm diagnosing as sciatica. As you may recall, we maintain two apartments in two different cities, and he had taken two weeks off work and was staying at our southern home with me, but of course his doc is in "his" town. Anyway, long story short, we came up here in hopes that sleeping in his usual bed might help and that his doc would be able to fit him in. But my plans for the week are now a bit off kilter--in particular, my plan to look at a house I'm hoping to buy, and I wanted DH to look at it with me though he's totally opposed to buying...

Anyway, eating is going well, and I've managed to keep my 15 minutes a day of exercise every day this year, so I'm feeling like I'm getting back on track.

Everyone's got beginning of the year energy, right? We'll be so much lighter by February!

Angela
Old 01-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #28  

Temp finally reached the upper teens so off I went to WW. Glad I did! Another 5 lb goal reached with this week's 1.4 lb loss. I'm officially down 45 lbs. No wonder my slacks were getting way too big. Another 25 lbs or so and I'll be getting into scary territory. For me that's anything below 250 because it'll be 12 yrs since I was there and it's one of those mental goals that seem impossible to reach. I plan on reaching it and passing it on my way to living a "lighter", healthier life.

ANGELA: Sorry to hear hubby's hurting. I always felt better sitting when my sciatica kicked. If he does too shove him in the car and take him on a drive by of "your" house. I know you'll do your best to stick to your weight loss plan. It'll make you feel better if you stay OP.

TW: Glad to meet ya'. Sounds like you've jumped in with both feet and are doing really well!

Love reading about everyone "POP strings". Let's keep it going.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 320/320/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggirls View Post
This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
My name is Cathy, I am new and starting a diet on Friday. Being 50 I am finding it very hard to lose weight. I am presently over 320 I am not sure how much over. I will buy me a scale this weekend. I found the 3 fat chicks site during a research about protein powders and their taste. I what a great site to receive advice and encouragement to keep on going. 4-5 years ago I lost 110 lbs but due to some physical ailments I was unable to exercise and just gave up. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully be someone who can encourage others.
Have a great day,
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #30  

Good afternoon ladies, I will try to not post any negative moan and groans. LOL! Today was a little better with the food. I just need to get really serious about being op daily. I swore I wasn't going to let the holidays throw me off plan.....but I did! Positive attitude on the way!

Hi tw and Cathy, glad to meet you. I hope you like it here as much as I do. These ladies are the best. I can totally agree with you both on weight being harder to lose as you age. (everyone here knows I am an old gal....shhhh! 78 and none the wiser). Age does not make you smarter about food!

Carol, that sounds scary, I am glad you didn't get hurt.

I hope the rest of you are keeping warm and doing great. Ruth
Closed Thread