Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #1  

Smile Mini goals to get below 300lbs :-)

okay guys, we are getting serious about this weight loss stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this point!

I have been reading and reading over everyones posts and it seems like setting small (even tiny) goals is a great way to start. I have not decided on a plan per say but have decided to watch my calories and fat intake.

My minigoals for the week are:
1.) to not drink any pop
2.) to work out 2 times this week for 30 mins each time
3.) to not eat out at all

I am ordering my wedding dress in like 2 weeks. I really wish I had started this process sooner. But better late than never right? Thanks for the support guys!
Scottsbridetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #2  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Sounds like you've set some good, realistic goals for yourself.

I think the most important thing to remember is to keep going. Don't give up because you had a bad meal, or a bad day, or even a bad week. I can't believe I've been doing this since September. You will be amazed at how quickly the time passes, regardless of whether you're on plan, or not.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

My mini goal...... make better choices! I have been miserable the last few days with all the holiday food. But not anymore. My mini goal for lunch is salad, salad and more salad!
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 333.8/311/250

Height: 6'1

Hi, I'm new on here, but I'm definitely serious about losing this weight. I'm tired of it impacting my daily activities. I joined WW in October and combined with home exercise videos I've lost 22lbs. I started doing new things like zumba and line dancing, both which I really love. My goal is to work out at least 3 days a week, with a goal of 4days if possible. I also want to get better at writing everything I eat every day.
morenabella2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/318/165

Height: 5'7

I have a mini goal to get below 300 by Feb. 6th. I have to go back to my Dr. then and on Jan. 9 she gave me the task of losing 80lbs in 6-7 months so we can start trying for a baby. I want to show her I am serious and be below 300 for my next appt.
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #6  
New Journey - New Life

S/C/G: 338.8/319/180

Height: 5'6"

Mini goals to get the 300's behind me......I have 20 pounds to lose to do that.....YEAH!!!! I can do this!

1. No POP....water water water
2. No fast food
3. MOVE MOVE MOVE
4. STAY POSITIVELY MOTIVATED!

We can do this!!!
jentlebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 327/317.4/240

Height: 6ft 00in

As far as making mini goals are concerned, I've already accomplish a couple of them. My exercise mini goals were to start exercising for 30 minutes when I get up in the morning and to exercise for an extra 30 minutes a day. Now it's apart of my daily routine. My food mini goals were to cut out all of the unhealthy food I have been eating so I can truly benefit from being on a diet and I have done that. I actually lost 7 pounds because of these mini goals. My next mini goal is to lose at least 10 pounds in the first month of my diet.
madbomber009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 357/ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

1. No regular soda. This isn't too hard for me because I like diet soda, but I have to be more firm about it. I cave on weekends sometimes.

2. Work out for at least 30-45 minutes every day.

3. Put on a pair of size 24 jeans.

4. NO FAST FOOD. We have a McDonald's across the parking lot from where I work. Even though I can't stand most of their food, it's convenient when I forget to bring lunch. I'm going to keep a few cans of soup in my desk and heat those up instead.
saltatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey ladies anyone want to work on this mor regularily?

I am going to eat clean for the next 2 weeks, no drinking and hopefully get back below 310 before I leave on vacation.

My goal for vacation is to maintain whatever weight I am before I leave on vacation even though I'm going to an all inclusive resort. (Meaning I must drink moderately and eat moderately and exercise while I'm there).
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #10  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

I'm nowhere near under 300, but hopefully soon enough.

Walking every morning for at least 30 minutes.

More water! This is the hardest part for me, because I really do not like drinking water. I'm a juice/pop kind of girl, but I've cut down so much in the past few days. I've drank more water in the last couple days than I have in the last couple of weeks. Ugh.

Keeping a close monitor on what goes in my mouth. I'm not really calorie counting, but I'm using it as a guide. I keep a close eye on not going over calories, but mainly work on portion control and eating more fruits and veggies.

Keep my hands out of the fridge when it's not time to eat. I mindlessly eat, like alllll of the time. Sometimes I don't even realize I do it, and half the time I'm not hungry when I'm doing it.

Staying Motivated! Big one for me, because it sounds so easier to quit, but I gotta continue to look at the big picture.
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote