Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

And here I am again! Late night posting, and oh so close to still being Thursday.
tw, I am still attending WW meetings but not really "doing" the program. This is the start of week 76 for me and I was down 1.8 today. Don't ask me how because I have no clue. I think it's because I didn't eat out as much as I had been. Today they talked about gifts from the scale. Having a minus that you didn't expect or really earn and what our immediate thoughts are. Mine? "scale has to be broken" but I think that with most losses. She asked what we need to focus on to keep us dedicated and offered the four major points of the WW program; Tracking, Activity, Treating Ourselves and Power Foods. It dawned on me that I've been struggling to track for over a year now and perhaps I need to choose a different focus. Power foods and the WW simply filling plan is my new focus.
B-Apple, serving of almonds, 3 slices of lean roast beef, Light string cheese
L-lean pot roast, Salad-romaine, boiled egg, peas, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes reduced fat cheese and RF dressing, Large slice of cinnamon bread with 1/2 T RF margarine
S-3C veggie bean soup, 1slice WW bread 1/2T butter
Snack-4 wedges Laughing Cow melted and 1 serving tortilla chips
Green=Power Foods
Red=not included on Simply Filling
IMO, raw, unsalted almonds are a power food. I feel like it is an improvement over the last two days, but not the best. Progress, not perfection!
Woohoo for meeting goals indeed! WTG!!!You ladies continue to rock.
tw, feel free to share your tracking. I love to get ideas from what other people eat.

Last edited by goodnuff; 11-04-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

I'm not as familiar with the simply filling plan. It does look interesting though. Your meals look yummy. I don't have anything exciting to post right now food wise. I have been eating out a lot (McDonalds Egg McMuffin, Chickfila Grilled chicked sandwhich with fruit and sald, Subway Turkey Sub). All good choices but nothing exciting.
I did OK food wise yesterday. I was right on with my points until I ate 3 bite size candy bars (about 6 points). Today will be a little struggle as I am on my way to a conference where they provide the food. I have NO IDEA what is there. Anyways, I have giving myself some slack and getting full on board Monday. This week has been really stressful and I will be glad when it is over!
Hope y'all have a great weekend! See you next week!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'6''

My Goals

1. 8-10 lbs by the end of November
2. Stay away from fast food - When I'm not in the mood to make dinner I always tend to go through a drive thru, so if I can avoid that, it'd be really good. The only allowance I'll give myself is Subway. But get something like a turkey sandwich.
3. Exercise 6 days a week.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #19  

I'm new in this forum, but I like the idea of setting a simple 1 month goal, especially since I'm just getting back on this old weight loss horse.

Since I'm getting started late AND I'm still getting over a cold, I'm going to make this pretty conservative.

I want to walk 15 miles this month. I've never actually tried setting a distance goal, but I feel like this is doable. I've already made a deal with my dad that I'll be meeting him at the gym at least a few times a week to walk, so I think this'll be good.

I also want to bring lunches to work at LEAST 4 days per week. That's been a major hazard.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #20  

Welcome Jen and Jen!
Fast food was one of my downfalls as well. I quit cold turkey and it lasted for several months. I'm able to go now and order an appropriate amount of food, although not the best choices ever. One thing that helped tremendously was to cook several meals on one day and portion them out immediately. That way there was always something quick to eat and take to work for lunches.
Conservative is good and yay for a workout buddy, that's awesome to walk with your dad.
tw, I don't know all of the SF rules, like do I still get to eat 49 PP in weeklies? If not, I still won't be following a WW plan but I still think it will be a big improvement over the nothing that I have been doing.
Today, not so good...
Power Foods....nada :-(
B-2slices WW toast, 1T pb, 1T jelly, iced coffee. I think WW bread should be a power food as well as natural pbutter...again, I'm not the maker of the plan for a reason
S-way too late and way too hungry. McD's angus burger deluxe, lg fry, side of tartar sauce, med coke and a vanilla cone
It has really helped to know that I will be coming on here and posting my daily intake. I hope it's not too annoying.
I have two long days, 12+ hours, of work so I'm not sure if I'll be posting.
Have a great weekend!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #21  

PF's-large salad with veggies, egg, chicken breast, roasted potatos, bananas, hamburger roll
Not-lg slice gingerbread, choc chip cookie, sloppy Joe, 3oz cheese, 1 C whole milk, 2T pbutter, sun chips.
Urgh...healthy eating alludes me.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #22  

PF's-3 eggs
Not-2 slices WW toast, 4 slice of Hillshire Farms ham lunchmeat, iced coffee, crab salad, chili, 3 oz cheese, 2T sour cream, popcorn
There is not a lot of options at home and payday is a week away. I have some ideas of what I'm going to buy so that the options are better. Starting to realize the options at work are not always reliable either. They stopped offering high fat and fried foods awhile ago. But almost always have chili and pizza. Sometimes those are the best or only options. Looks like some planning and cooking are in my near future.
Looking forward to the week when I'll have some company on here. Hope it was a good weekend for all!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #23  

My weekend was not so good food wise. I made many good choices and many bad choices. I did not go to the gym Saturday and did not got to WI Saturday. I did go to the store yesterday and got some groceries for the house and I did get some cleaning and laundry done Sunday. I am still living in the make believe land that I can goof off and have fun and not have any consequences for my actions. This is SOOOOO not like me. Ya know I didn't really rebel as a teen and somehow it has caught up to me in my 40's! My "friend" and I have been spending more time together but he was a real jerk yesterday (this is NOT the norm. It was the first time he ever acted like this) and he actually called and talked about it this morning and apologized but it has kind of made me think about some of my choices lately (staying up too late Friday night with him that I am exhausted and don't go work out or WI on Saturday) and I am realizing that I need to take care of me and make choices that will benefit me in the long run and not just " in the moment." I know this isn't brain surgery but sometimes I can be pretty dense. :-) I really like him and I am not sure what is happening between us but it does make me realize (once again) what an emotional eater I am. I wonder how old you have to be before life gets easier? :-)
Goodnuff: you are doing great posting your food. It is not annoying at all. Kepp it up. We are here to help however we can!
Jen and Jen: Welcome to you both. It is good to "see" you here. Let us know if we can help with anything. It sounds like you both have some great goals.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 AM   #24  

Ugh...I just ate a whole days worth of meals in the last hour. And I'm not full, but I'm going to stop cuz it's just ridiculous.
PF's- 3 oz lean beef, lettuce, tomato onion
Not-3 oz cheddar cheese, 1/2 hamburger bun, 1 slice cheese pizza, ham sandwich, bowl of chex and a wine cooler. Yep, those last two were together.
14 hours of work and the last time I ate was 1pm. I was starving when I got home. Oh yeah, I had a soy peppermint mocha too.
tw, I totally know that if I were in a relationship I would stop doing stuff for me and start living in the moment too much. I'm so not ready for that. I still haven't figured out what I like to do. So other than being a caring person with a big heart I don't have much to bring to a relationship and would just go with whatever he wanted.
I'm glad he realized he was being a jerk face and I'm glad he was just enough of one to help you realize you still need to take care of you.
Good morning rachael!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #25  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning! I am glad to be back here.

I should have logged on this weekend, maybe it would have helped me stop eating. Good grief, two months on plan did nothing to stop my horrible choices this weekend. I went over my calories three days in a row.

But, I told myself this morning that I was able to stay on track calorie wise yesterday, and I'm back at work, so it should not be hard to stay on plan.

Welcome to littlebiskit & SweettoothJen! I love more action in this forum.

tw - I'm glad you were able to make some good food choices this weekend. Emotional eating is a pain in my booty. And if you figure out when life is supposed to get 'easy' let me know. LOL Today is my grandparent's 67th wedding anniversary. They still get mad at each other. *sigh*

goodnuff - Good morning! You are doing well tracking. I know you're disappointed in yourself for food choices, but tracking is a BABY step in the right direction. I have definitely realized that waiting too late to eat is a bad choice on my part. I am so hungry, and since I lack the proper cues to tell my body when I'm done, I eat everything.

It is so very hard to change a lifetime of poor eating habits. But I do believe we can do it.

Last edited by rachaelm; 11-08-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: I forgot my shout out to goodnuff!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #26  

Well well well! The good new is I have tracked yesterday and today! The bad bad new is I have had a large sweet tea both days which "costs" me 8-10 points. I also ate 6 points of candy yesterday. So I went over by 13 points yesterday. There is still hope to stay on track today. I also went and rode the bike for 12.59 miles and did my weight workout as well last night. So technically you can eat your activity points (I earned 12) so I would really only have been over by 1 but my body does not follow that rationale. :-( So I will keep trying. But hey at least I tracked and did my workout! That is better than the previous 3 days.
Goodnuff: The funny thing was I did not really even realize I was "not taking care of me." Actually I thought I was taking care of me because I was relaxing and having fun and not worrying about things. (Those have all been issues in my life) So I guess I just need to work on balance. Oh that is SOOO much easier to say than do. :-) It is amazing how easy it is to eat a days worth of calories in an hour. Something so bad should not be so easy. Satan is an evil man!!! I would have been starved too. If I wait more than 4 hours between meals I will more than likely overeat when I do sit down to eat. Can you pack little handfuls of snacks to eat during work so you aren't waiting so long to eat (i.e. handful of nuts, cheesestick, yogurt, box of raisins, banana)?
rachaelm: I will let you know when life gets easy. Don't hold your breath waiting though I think it may be a while. :-) Sorry you went over your points this weekend but good for you for getting back on track today.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #27  

If only there was someway to seal our mouths when we reached our calorie/points goals for the day. Like some invisible force field that would start to reject calorie containing substances when our count reached zero! I'd pay for that...oh yeah, I think it's called willpower.
@ Denny's-1 slice of bread pudding French toast, 2slices of bacon, 2 sausage links and 2 eggs.
@work BBQ pork sandwich, Spanish rice, Mexican corn, popcorn
After work, 1 slice of Kraft cheese, 1/3 package of imitation crab with cocktail sauce, 6 cheeto crackers, 4 fun size snickers
Maybe the krab is a power food?
Tomorrow??? Veggie bean soup, apples, raw almonds..a better day for sure.
I will be more proactive about bringing snack foods along to work but there really are several shifts a month that there is no time to eat and technically all food and drink is supposed to be in the break room. Most of us are rule breakers but I can't go as far as taking it in a patients room, although most of them wouldn't care..lol. Last night I had a patient that had to be watched closely as she was going through a Postpartum psychosis. Scary stuff. I never left her side for 5 hours and only briefly for 4 more. Thought I had given myself a UTI on top of starving myself. All in a days work!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #28  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

I think I would pay for that invisible force field goodnuff. Would definitely make this easier. Yesterday's food sounds yummy, but pretty high calorie. Did you bring some good snacks? I am very lucky that my job gives me a well defined lunch break, and I'm in an office by myself, so snacking is not a problem either. It would be very hard to have to deal with 'eating on the fly' all the time. That is so sad about your PP patient. Do you work in mental health, or in L&D?

tw- Ah sweet tea, I love the stuff. That's really been my biggest change. I finally broke down & made some with splenda cause I was going through withdrawals. You're doing really well with your fitness. All that bike riding sounds fun. I just told my husband that I want to get into weight lifting. It seems like a really good way for me to feel 'strong' and it's low impact which helps my very sore feet & knees. I'm glad you're tracking & back to the exercise. It really does make you feel like you've accomplished something, right?

littlebiskit - I hope all is well in your world! Post & let us know, Ok?
Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #29  

I tracked my points yesterday adn did ok. I went over by about 10 which was the swee tea. I even made homemade tacos for dinner! I am back to regular tea today! I also brought a banana and an apple for snacks today. Tonight I go to the YMCA again.
Goodnuff: I will buy the invisible force field as well!! Let me know when you find one. I know L&D can be intense but you really do need to take care of yourself too by at least going to the bathroom. :-) While you are in there you can pop some almonds in your mouth and then rush back to the patients. Sometimes I get stuck thinking that to eat I need a meal or to sit down and relax while I eat. While I agree that is ideal in your situation at work you may need to just think "Eat something I can just pop in my mouth and get the most 'bang for my buck'" Something you really can just have in your pocket that no one will see (almonds or granola bar). Gook luck. I know that is hard.
rachaelm: The bike riding is kind of fun! It also only takes me 35 minutes so it is nice it is not so time consuming. It really is hard in the first 5 minutes as I that is when I get my heart into the cardio range and then the next 10 minutes or so I think I am going to die but then I do OK and like it towards the end. It does feel good to do it. I just started the weight routine and I am liking that too. You're right, it does make you feel strong and it is low impact. I think it is going to be really good for me. You should give it a try!
Hope y'all are having a great week and are making good choices!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #30  

Thanks for the suggestions, all are good and I will try doing that. I had WI this morning and had a >4# gain. I know I didn't eat an extra 14,000+ calories this week but I do know I didn't take my HCTZ yesterday. I don't doubt that some of it is real weight and some water but it is annoying nonetheless. Plus there were large slices of cinnamon bread and fun size Snickers I'm my recent past.
Tacos sound good. And yay for you bringing healthy snacks and going to the Y!
Rachael, I work in L&D, but sometimes I wonder! I dream of a job with well defines breaks and the ability to snack, but I'm sure that has its own challenges.
Closed Thread