Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ and getting fit after 40 #291

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #2  

I completely missed that it was October yesterday and time for a new thread!

The first of November will see me lighter!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #3  

Hi Carol, I don't know about where you are but it is brrrrrr! cold here this morning, or afternoon rather.

I am right there with you on being lighter by Nov. (my birth month). I owe it to myself to try for that. Ruth
Old 10-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Ah, me too. Fall hasn't gone great so far. I'd like to lose more than 3 pounds this month, which seems to be about my monthly average.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I agree with planning to be lighter by nov. We dont have many events this month so hopefully I can stay focused. Time for some frozen meals for my lunch. I am starting today with a new baby and I will be too busy for lunch. I will have a 6 month old and a 13 month old and a 20 month old. I should be getting plenty of exercise chasing them. I love it and cant wait to get to know my new little one today.
any suggestions for lunches that are fast and still healthy?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #6  

Morning all - rough weekend food wise but I think our social calendar is fairly empty for the month - no excuses! Social outings shouldn't be a problem but recently they have become that way for me.

Stay strong!

Oh Ruth - it's brrrrrrrrr for me this morning too!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin'

I love October. It's my favorite month ....... now if it would just stop raining!

Don't have a lot of outings planned so I can settle into a controlled eating plan. Shooting for reaching 25 lbs gone this week and then that 10% goal that I might be able to reach this month if I stay OP and am really lucky as it's around 7 lbs away.

Need to get my hair cut this week, maybe today if I can get an appt.

Have a reat day!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I didn't even think about the new threads until today, Carol! So I was glad you were ahead of me!!!

I need to buckle down. Got food planned until dinner. Need to keep away from other food. Then, need to not lose focus tonight.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #9  

Smile

Good cool morning to all of you.

I thought I was doing so well. I ate right, or so I thought, stood on the scales this morning and it was up almost three lbs. ! I sure can't blame my time of month. LOL! I will say it must be water retention though. Not sure what caused it, but at my age anything is possible.

I do hope you are all not having that happen. wishing you this one. Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 10-04-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #10  

Ruth, I was the opposite with fluids. I was up and down all night defluiding (How's that for a word?). Of course my w/i is tomorrow so I'm. sure I'll be retaining again by tomorrow morning.

Hang in there!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

I had a good day yesterday and cant wait to repeat it today. I have to make myself exercise starting today.I am so tired by the time I get the babies sent home and cook dinner Im done for the day! So today I will drag hubby out for a walk before dinner.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #12  

Quick fly by for me this morning - stay strong and celebrate the day!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

Still struggling. Desperate to at least not slide back after all I did before our big trip, but I'm feeling like it's taking all I've got to hang on by my fingernails, much less move forward. Don't know what it's going to take to get me moving. I need a GOAL -- something that I really care about, that I can't do if I don't work toward it. My trainer left last week. If anyone in Florida needs an awesome trainer, I now know one!

Part of the issue is that it's crazy busy at work right now, and it probably will be until the end of the month. So I'm staying late most days, which means I'm not getting home until after it's dark. Which means I'm not getting my exercise in. And we're also trying to clear out the final piles of STUFF from when my husband moved into our place TEN YEARS AGO. So yeah, it's stressful! I can't get my left eye to stop twitching! And the cat's got allergies this year, as do I, and we're both miserable (and he's on 2 different anitibiotics ). Which is a long way of saying that I have plenty of excuses, but really no valid reasons for being SO far off track for so long. I really need a kick in the badonkadonk. But nothing I've tried so far has worked, and I'm just lost as to what will provide the final motivation.

I've put on almost everything I lost before the trip, and if I go back to where I was before then, I may lose it all. No motivation, no nothing. This is reminding me of where I was mentally during the years I put it all on. NOT a good thing. Not even my wedding was enough motivation to get me moving back then. The only thing that's worked so far was preparing for the trip with my awesome trainer. And now I have no trip and no trainer, and it's back to just me. Which doesn't feel like enough.

So I'm stuck. I miss training, I miss having a goal, I miss not wanting to sit on the sofa all the time, I miss having a clean home, I miss being happy. I'm stuck.

I'll make it somehow -- I always do, I guess! -- but for right now, I'm feeling a little desperate.

Thanks for listening, guys! I hope your month is going better than that!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #14  

Walrus - I could have written your post. Find that inner strength you know is there and scream at it to get back to the surface. Back to basics - YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #15  

Off to WW and the dog's agility class. Thank God it's not raining!

Walrus: Ditto what Carol said. Dig deep and find the strength to fight for your health!

Back later,
Closed Thread