Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #1  
Ah geeze

Default Ah geeze....I weighed today...

I have battled weight for as long as I can remember, but today I stepped on the scale and almost fell off in horror....I weigh in at 348. I have NEVER been this heavy in my life. I weigh more than my washing machine....MY FRICKIN' WASHING MACHINE!!

Calm down....

I can't find a source of encourange from anyone near me. My husband is a twig, my toddler is a human crumb snatcher, my family is not supportive, my best friend weighs more than me, but doesn't think that she has a weight problem. The last time we ate out, she had to turn the table caddy-cornered to fit in..yet when I said we should get out and start walking, she said she wasn't fat and I could walk alone... yeah...."ok, lady who can't even fit in a booth...I must be the only fat one here" I didn't say it out loud, only thought it, LOL. But geeze....really?

So you know what, bump them all - I NEED SUPPORT!! I would love a daily support buddy. I have unlimited texting, check my email almost all day long (joy of working on a computer all day and having a dense boss who doesn't even recognize that I am goofing off)

About me: 36, married 14 yrs, 2.5 year old son, 3 kitties, work full time, loves anything crafty, my weakness: cheesecake

so how about it...anyone else need some daily support/kicks in the rear?
Pysanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

You need support? You got it. A kick in the pants or a hug. We often do both at the same time!

There may be people interested in texting/emailing/etc, but there are also daily chat threads and challenges all over the boards, so be sure to check them out as well. Join in wherever you're comfortable. You can even join in many places!

Don't worry about your friend's attitude. If she doesn't want to deal with her weight, she doesn't have to. But, you're here now, and you're making changes and that's all that counts

So what are your weight loss plans? Let us know, and we might be able to lend a hand.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #3  
Ah geeze

Thank you Lovely

Currently, I have no diet set up to follow. I am clueless, so ANY help from anyone about a plan or guideline would be a blessing.

But today I start walking! I brought my clothes to work with me. I will walk a mile at the track every day this week, no excuses. I have bad feet, so I know a mile will be painful, but its four laps around the track and if I go slow, I know i can make it!! NO EXCUSES!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/148.5/125

Height: 5"2'

You should look into Weight Watchers. It's worked for a lot of people, and since you're by a computer most of the day, you'll be able to track your food intake easily!

Good luck!
mcorbesato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I can't promise daily accountibility (I'll get in trouble if I'm on my phone too much during working Hrs) but there is lots going on here to keep you focused. I am lucky I have people in my life who support me, at work we've started a biggest loser "competition" but we're more about encouraging each other to live healthful than trying to win.

I take workout class 3x a week, while all my friends there are much lighter than me thats encouragment to work out they all treat me as if I belong. I am so blessed to have such good people living in this small town of mine.

It'll be good to see you around the threads. somedays I check in multiple times other days I don't have time to check in at all. Just depends what I have going on I try to keep busy and active (though lately I've been in a funk).

I know my HW was 4lbs more than you and I did a double take too. I had thought I was more like 335 and 352 showed up that was... disconserting. But you can do this, my WL has been VERY slow. I've taken a lot of time off but I am happy I have mostly maintained my losses. I'm 30lbs lighter than i was this time last year. At my size that doesn't seem remarkable but for me? Its a start that I am glad to have.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Congrats on adding in activity! It's marvelous for health overall

Couple food plan ideas to start you off. No pressure, though. 3FC is pretty well known for being open-minded about different methods of weight loss (as long as it's safe!)

I'm a Weight Watchers member, and I definitely enjoy the plan. As mentioned they have meetings and eTools and the website. If you join it might help give you even more support along the way. The more support the better! It's got a fairly short learning curve, and the good thing is that they emphasize healthy portions, moderation and have guidelines for proper nutrition.

If you're intimidated by joining a program, then I usually like to mention Calorie Counting, as well. It's easy. There are a million free sites that can help you figure out your calories for the day. The learning curve is basic addition, and it can be as simple or elaborate as you design.

If you want more information on either there's a Weight Watchers section and a Calorie Counters section under Diet Central. In fact, there are all sorts of food plans under Diet Central that you can browse through, if you'd like.

Don't worry if it seems a little overwhelming to start. There's really no wrong way to go about this. The only thing that matters is that you begin. And don't hesitate to ask questions about anything.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I am on Ideal Protein, I have lost 80lbs in 22weeks. Its a great program and very easy. I still have 58 more lbs to go, once I hit that goal I will see if i want to go down more or not. I started off at 388lbs on April 27th, 2011 and as of last Wednesday I am at 309lbs. My goal is to get to 250. I would be willing to be a text buddy with you or an email buddy to help you stay focused. I work at home so I am always at the computer. I am an avid 3FC poster, maybe sometimes too much. I give a lot of support on the Ideal Protein threads. It helps me to help others, so just give me a shout in an instant message if you need some support. Just click on my name above my avatar and send me a message. We are all going through the same journey and a little help is always needed....GOOD LUCK!!...YOU CAN DO THIS!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=Pysanky;4047703]I have battled weight for as long as I can remember, but today I stepped on the scale and almost fell off in horror....I weigh in at 348. I have NEVER been this heavy in my life. I weigh more than my washing machine....MY FRICKIN' WASHING MACHINE!!

Calm down....

I can't find a source of encourange from anyone near me. My husband is a twig, my toddler is a human crumb snatcher, my family is not supportive, my best friend weighs more than me, but doesn't think that she has a weight problem. The last time we ate out, she had to turn the table caddy-cornered to fit in..yet when I said we should get out and start walking, she said she wasn't fat and I could walk alone... yeah...."ok, lady who can't even fit in a booth...I must be the only fat one here" I didn't say it out loud, only thought it, LOL. But geeze....really?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What area are you from??....Ideal Protein is amazing and this is one program that you have plenty of support...
I'm down in San Antonio....

And I lost 70 lbs...and Now I run my own Ideal Protein Clinc...
You have made the first step..I'm excited for you...Look on the Ideal protein website and see what clinic is close to you and at least go in for a chat..they will have alot of info

Last edited by JudoGirl; 09-26-2011 at 05:26 PM.
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am on Ideal Protein, I have lost 80lbs in 22weeks. Its a great program and very easy. I still have 58 more lbs to go, once I hit that goal I will see if i want to go down more or not. I started off at 388lbs on April 27th, 2011 and as of last Wednesday I am at 309lbs. My goal is to get to 250. I would be willing to be a text buddy with you or an email buddy to help you stay focused. I work at home so I am always at the computer. I am an avid 3FC poster, maybe sometimes too much. I give a lot of support on the Ideal Protein threads. It helps me to help others, so just give me a shout in an instant message if you need some support. Just click on my name above my avatar and send me a message. We are all going through the same journey and a little help is always needed....GOOD LUCK!!...YOU CAN DO THIS!
And we are glad you are on...you are very supportive...thank you...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
And we are glad you are on...you are very supportive...thank you...
I am SOOO happy to be part of this group! You are welcome!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/177.5/140

Height: 5'4

chris1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #12  
Ah geeze

What is Ideal Protien?

I went to the website and its says there are no locations near me

Is it like medifast?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 319/307/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pysanky View Post
The last time we ate out, she had to turn the table caddy-cornered to fit in..yet when I said we should get out and start walking, she said she wasn't fat and I could walk alone... yeah...."ok, lady who can't even fit in a booth...I must be the only fat one here"
THIS cracked me up.

I'm hovering around 310ish and did horribly last week - the week itself went well, but I ate like a ******* horse (or a pig, or a warthog, or brontosaurus, or an elephant...). I work for a liquor distributor and I did a big tasting one of the days, so I drank wine and booze for like 5 hours, ate cheeseand crackers, and picked at hors d'oeuvre and then the company bought us lunch... so yeah, that day went to **** in a handbasket.
Then I kept forgetting to go buy more cold cuts, so I bought lunch like two or three times last week, so that didn't help, either. It seems like I'm either 100% on plan, or 100% off it. I absolutely could use a kick in the *** at least as much as you could.
phonymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #14  

Quote:
What is Ideal Protien?

I went to the website and its says there are no locations near me

Is it like medifast?
There were no locations near me either but I called the 1-800 number and there was only ONE clinic near me and boy am I thankful to have made that call. I have never read about Medifast so I don't know if IP is similar or not. Here is a link to our 3FC portion on Ideal Protein, lots of information and it explains it to you. If you have any more question just ask...Lisa

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #15  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Quote:
my weakness: cheesecake :mouse
Google skinnytaste no-bake cheesecake, and instead of adding the filling to a crust, spoon it into 8 (or 6) separate servings, slice strawberries on top and sprinkle a spoonful of graham cracker crumbs, or better yet all bran buds, and enjoy. I make this, and I eliminated the 1/4 cup sugar for the recipe cuz it really doesn't need it. If you use fat free cream cheese, it is more mousse instead of set like a cheesecake. Well, lets face it, its a cheesecake substitute---but I swear to you, its so delicious, you won't miss cheesecake - just make sure you have people to share it with cuz it is that good, you don't want to be tempted so much with the remainders. If you make it without the crust, you can cut the recipe by half and just make 4 servings. Anyhow, on with the show:

So I just got to the forum tonight and I have not read any further and don't know if you've chosen a food plan course of action, and I don't want to be ms. obvious, but I did an internet search for you: For your stated age, and current weight - now here is the tricky part cuz I input 5 ft 5 in....but your height may vary...lol - the result is: You should consume about 2,734 calories a day to maintain your goal weight of 350 lbs. Ok, I rounded up to 350.

So, given that bit of information above, to lose 1 pound per week, you subtract 500 calories daily as a start. 3500 calories in a week = 1 pound lost. So say all the scientific and weight loss calculators, gurus, teachers, etc. since the beginning of weight loss. It boils down to calories in vs. calories burned, so a calorie deficit is necessary. Find yourself a calorie counting site - there are PLENTY - and aim for 2234 daily...to start.

As you lose weight, you adjust your calorie intake downward. To start tho, you really don't need to (and shouldn't) restrict calories too much. That may set you up for failure.

Are you new to the diet world? Most likely not. Probably you've been around this block like I have a few times. Maybe the "calorie theory" got lost in Deal A Meal or WW or Atkins or South Beach or Pritikin or Grapefruit, Vinegar, Cabbage soup, slim fast, medifast ... every program one can follow shares the common denominator that you'll consume less calories than your body will burn. So, it doesn't matter WHAT program you choose, or what method you choose, but know that it does not have to be drastic and super restrictive. Eat less and the weight loss will occur. That is some gem to learn, and we all know it, and somehow it goes out the window.

You can do this. You can join a program, or buy a book and follow that diet plan, or see your doctor for a suggestion, or drink slim fast for 2 meals a day and eat a balanced third....that decision is up to you. Just know that it doesn't take any more knowledge than ... eat less.

Its also a great idea to incorporate all of the food groups into a healthy daily food plan. Some days we can be 100% on, and others...not so much. You know what tho? If you're even 90% most of the time, you'll still lose weight!

Whatever you choose, good luck to you. There is a saying "begun is half done" and that you're here and finding the support of like-minded people, that you're thinking about making a plan---well, you've begun!!!

Donna
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote