Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #1  
baygurl

S/C/G: 326/See ticker/170

Height: 5 9

Post Having such a Down day :(

oK 10 days in and the scale has barely moved It went down 4 pounds the first week then seemed to go back up the next morning and hasn't moved.
I have changed my eating sticking with veggies broc,cauliflower,carrots cucumber and lots of salada,lean meats I have been eating smaller portions tons of water and atleast 3 meals a day which is hard for me because I use to go all day withough eating then stuff myself at suppertime.
Walking 1.9 miles a day in 45 minutes which is no great feat carrying 300 pounds around with you.
I was trying to stay away from starchy food but decided yesterday I am cutting sugar out all together.
I am so frustrated but motivated more than ever to make that scale move I though I would see atleast 5-10 pound diff by now.Well off for my walk.Hope everyone is having a good day
baygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I have a feeling u are not getting enough calories. How much per day are u consuming?
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #3  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I agree, could be your calories. My experience has always been best starting out higher and working my way down.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #4  
baygurl

Honestly I don't know how many calories I am consuming.I could never measure out portion sizes or do points plan,I would get too frustrated and throw in the towel.I will give you what I ate today

Breakfast- 3 scrambled eggs with green pepper and 3 sausage links

Lunch -I wasn't hungry at all so I had a small piece of cucumber

Dinner-1 small porkchop, large ceaser salad (no crutons) and cucumber slices

drinks so far today-6 glasses of water.3 exlg tea from tim hortons 3cream 2 twin in each and 2 glasses of diet soda.

I know you don't want your body to go into starvation mode so you need to eat your calories but I really don't think this is too bad..or is it?
Old 09-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

You can't judge a weight loss plan by 10 days. And expecting to lose 1/2 to 1 lb per day (even if you've experienced it before), isn't realistic for most people, no matter what their starting weight.

Also, when you drastically increase exercise, water weight gain is very common, because the body needs extra water to repair and build muscle.

You also have to take your monthly cycle into consideration. No matter how little I'm eating, I gain 6-8 lbs of water weight with my period (it used to be 10 - 12 lbs and occasionally even more).

We're all taught to diet with very unrealistic expectations, so unrealistic that we're likely to experience more disappointment than success and that's a recipe for disaster. I think it's probably a leading cause (if not THE leading cause) of weight loss statistics being so dismal. People give up because they think they're failing, when they're actually doing quite well.

We only hear the dramatic weight loss, we never hear the snail stories (I've lost 94 lbs, but it's taken me 7 years to do it - by most definitions that's failure - but it's actually amazing success - because most people don't accomplish it).

When I started, I was so ill that even with what felt like fairly drastic changes, I still was only managing about 1 lb loss per month. I thought that was failure, until my doctor that most people of ALL starting weights don't acheive that much. Most people of all starting weights DO NOT lose 1-2 lbs per week, they lose nothing, either because they're trying and failing, or they're giving up, or just because their bodies don't release weight on a timetable.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #6  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

If that's a typical day, you're eating fairly few calories. Depending on how large your sausage links were and whether you used oil to scramble your eggs, I'd say you ate around 850-900 calories: 3 large eggs, around 300; 3 small sausage links, around 150; small pork chop, around 200, some Caesar dressing 100, 3 creamers 30, peppers + salad stuff, maybe 50. Now, if you did use some fat in cooking, or if your sausage links were big, then you might be closer to 1000-1200, but I'm guessing that these things are not the case... and that's pretty low. Me, I'm eating between 1500-1900 and losing at the rate of about a pound every week to 10 days.

Is this very different from how you were eating before? If so, I think I'd be with others in recommending that you eat more calories. I'd also recommend some whole grains, for fiber. I found that increasing my fiber helped move the scale and generally made me feel better--more energetic, etc.

My own philosophy is that I'd rather lose slowly and really change my lifestyle, so that I'll never be dreaming about the day when I go off the diet--instead I'm trying to envision the time when I hit goal and start maintaining, and maintenance is easy and feels normal. So I've been making small changes one at a time, and losing slowly. I tend to lose nothing for 2-3 weeks, then to lose between 2 and 4 pounds all at once (a lot of people seem to have similar experiences.)

Hang in there--be patient with yourself and the scale, and remember it didn't all come on at one time, so it's not going to leave that way, either, no matter what you do.

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 09-17-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, when I started, I was eating around 2000 per day, if you count the fruits and veggies that I wasn't counting in the beginning, exercising daily, and losing 10lbs per month. The weight fell off at first, and I think it was because I was eating more.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #8  
baygurl

I didn't realize that my calorie count was soo low.I have been trying to eat every 4 hours to keep my metabolism up.I have years of skipping meals and not eating for 12 hr streches only because | dont have an appetite.
When you read other profiles and see big losses it made me think maybe i was doing something wrong,obviously I have alot to learn.Will eat more today,drink my water,walk and be patient.Thanks all.