Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ and getting fit after 40 #290

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for starting things, Carol!

Wow, a long first day of the month...
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I cant believe its sept already. It sure feels like july here for the past few days. WE hit 100 again yesterday and will today also. Next week looks to be much cooler and I can truly say Im ready for it. Im thinking my leg is ready to exercise some now. The dr gave me instuctions on how to start back with stretches and slowly increasing the distance of walking.
I also got some new toning shoes and they really seem to be helping my knee.
My scales are stuck....at least they arent climbing!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Well. The beginning of the semester was as bad as I anticipated, or worse. I didn't plan as well as I should have. Luckily I've got a long weekend to rethink things. I also think I need to break down and invest in an exercise bike.

This weekend I'm going to count cleaning as exercise because otherwise I think I'll never get the place clean.

Hope we're all ready for a great weekend. OP, needless to say.

Angela
Old 09-03-2011, 06:53 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies, how are you?

My scale is moving down again, thank goodness. I can't say I am enjoying the food so much, but it is a start in the right direction. Yesterday I was veggie hungry, so lunch was a spoonful of rutabaga, a cup of turnip greens and a cornmeal muffin, not exactly low carb, but it was what I needed. Last night was a half tuna fish sandwich on ezekial bread period. this morning I had a boiled egg, turkey bacon, and a half piece of ezekial toast. Not so sure what I will be eating the rest of today., it is SATURDAY, bad day for me food wise. I am going to try to keep it OP though.

Heather and Angela, I do hope the stressful days get better. I have to tell you that I admire anyone that can teach and keep their senses.

Deb, the knee is better? Take it easy on it.

Hi Carol and everyone else. Ruth
Old 09-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #6  

Hi Ruth! That doesn't sound like much to eat. Glad the scale is moving the right direction for you! Have a great weekend.

Angela - sounds like a great plan to take the weekend and get organized. I'm doing about the same thing - especially food wise.

Deb - take care of yourself - we have to learn to listen to our bodies - sometimes I'm hard of hearing with it.

Heather - any relaxing for you this weekend?

End of summer pool parties here today and tomorrow. Hoping DH and I can just relax on Monday. I am with Angela and working my plan - it has to change!

Be safe and stay strong!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Definitely some relaxing for me -- I stayed late at the office yesterday to take a couple days off. Though I will have to work on Monday, I think.

I need to work on my plan too. Actually, my plan is working during the day. I need to tweak the evening. That sounds less daunting.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #8  

Good afternoon ladies, I hope you are all having a good weekend and not getting flooded out. Our rain starts today. There is a possibility of bad storms, like tornados. I am scared of those. We had one touch down about a half block from us a year or so ago. It barely missed our church.

Take care, Ruth
Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #9  
Vortex

Hi ladies, got a few things done this weekend, but there's still a long way to go.

I just put together some mostly-melon fruit salads for the next couple of days (DH needs to eat some too, though, cause I've got too much) and tomorrow I'll get my other meals for the work week planned.

I realize I'm going to have to start thinking of my weight loss plan as including organizing and getting on top of both school work and housework. The disorder in my life contributes to my inability to stay on plan during the work week. So as much as I want to say I'll just stay focused on eating and exercise, I know if I don't get on top of the other, the plan will fall apart.

Ruth: Glad to hear the scale is moving in the right direction!

How is everyone's weekend going?

Angela
Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #10  

Smile

Hello! I hope you are all having a wonderful Labor day weekend. My Mom used to say "don't work on Labor day or you will be doing the same thing all year"! Well, I guess I will be cleaning toilets all year, cause that is what I have done this morning. LOL! The bathrooms are always messy after the weekend. I can't figure out how two people can mess up three bathrooms????

I am trying to get this eating thing right. Yes, Angela the scales have moved down but not into new numbers yet. I get so far and then put some back on. I have a chance to actually get into new numbers if I just stick to plan. I am gonna do it (she muttered)! Stay tuned for updates. LOL!

Are you getting rained on? Any of you? It has just skirted around us so far, and we need it.

Ta for now, Ruth
Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #11  

We got some much needed rain yesterday. It was a total downpour for a few hours. Its really cool outside this morning. It wont be long before you need a jacket in the early morning or late evenings.
Eating is a bit heavier than it should be right now. Today will be a day of leftovers and then grilling for dinner tonight.
Ruth- I will be working on laundry today and I work on it most days. LOL
Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #12  
Vortex

Glad you got some rain, Debbie.

Ruth, hang in there.

Not much special happening here. Not a terrible day, not a great day. I'm not sure what it's going to take to get me motivated again.... feeling depressed lately about things that I know I shouldn't be, and managing not to binge, but I just don't seem to have any desire to be proactive. I guess I'll turn in for the night and hope I wake up with a better attitude.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.

Angela
Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #13  

Today is the 4th anniversary of the beginning of this journey - I'm happy with the results I've maintained and ready to move to the next leg. Labor Day is always like my New Year. Mentally I feel like I'm in the right place!

Stay strong!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #14  

I was just informed we have 110 days till christmas!! YIKES!!! Im so ready to be smaller by then! I had 3 bad days of eating and feel sluggish this morning. Carbs are evil. I am back at it today with a slightly different plan. Got my small plate ready to fill it with healthy foods. Carbs will be very limited!! Green veggies will be plentiful!! Protien will be limited and lean.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #15  
Vortex

Hoot hoot, you early birds.

Carol and Debbie, you both sound so determined.

My scale was down a "new" pound for the first time in weeks and weeks. That helped me stay motivated to at least eat right today.

Have a great Wednesday, all.

Angela
Closed Thread