Old 08-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #1  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy I'm back! But stuck in a rut!!!

I know most ppl go through this. I'm stuck ina revolving pity party. I have tons of excuses why...work, family, stress...the list goes on and on. I have been doing Weight Watchers for the past 2 yrs and have lost 139lbs. I had made it up to losing 161 (as of Feb), but decided to quit smoking, and since then my weight has been on a rollar coaster ride. I can easily gain 10lbs in a week-due to poor eating, then the next week get back on track and lose it, and that pattern keeps going on and on and on.

I'm not sure why suddenly I have lost all my motivation and "want" power to lose weight. I have so many supporters and cheerleaders in my life (thats where I'm super lucky), but on the same token its my own self pity thats holding me back. One day of "bad" eating turns into a bad week (way too easily). i feel such guilt that I just keep on eating.

Part of my worry is vanity (I think), I hate my loose skin I have because of losing weight already. I hate having to explain why I have such saggy upper arms. Buying clothes is a bugger, trying to find tops with long enough sleeves to cover most of my upper arms. I'm also a classic pear shape, so I have a hard time finding pants to fit my waist and also my legs. Sheesh!!!

I guess what I'm asking you all, What keeps you motivated? Or How do you get youeself out of a self made slump? I'll appreicate any suggestions!!!!

Thank you so much in advance!!!
betty grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:19 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I have plenty of slump days. They aren't always quite as "perfect" as I wish they would be, but I've found that if I stop putting as much emphasis on the scale and start focusing on the days on plan that I can power through.

I have several "On Plan" challenges going on at the moment, and for those days when I really feel the tug of the old lifestyle ghost haunting I imagine how giving in will make me feel the next day.

It sounds like you're having a rough time right now. And that can be really frustrating, because on top of the bad days... then the scale shows up to make it more annoying. It's possible that your focus should be purely on the days themselves at the moment.

Do you remember what a day was like when you first got into the swing of things? Did you plan your meals? (Or maybe you need to now?) Were you tracking vigilantly? (Maybe you need a change in how to track and trying a new method for a week would get you back into that new person/learning space?)

Maybe you need a challenge? Or a regular place to be accountable? Cheerleaders are great! But, sometimes (depending on the individual) what we really need is a drill sergeant. Someone who isn't going to take excuses or self pity. Someone who is going to raise a brow at our whining and kick us in the butt, tell us to go back to being an adult.

You're in a rut. So something needs changing. You just have to try different things until something clicks!

By the way, congratulations on all your progress. =) Losing and maintaining at that weight is an enormous success! Keep at it. You'll find the key to move forward.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

When I decided it was time to lose weight, I gave myself a stern talking to and made up my mind to just do it - no cheating, no way-laying myself - just 100% on plan and working towards my next mini-goal. It seems to me that you have the desire, but it might be time to set some realistic "on plan" goals based on time, and do't let yourself deviate; not even once. Try a small goal, say, 1 week on plan. For that week, pay super close attention to everything that goes in your mouth, and stop yourself form anything forbidden. If you have a rough moment, remind yourself that it's only for this one week. You can apply this to sticking to your exercise routine too.

At the end of the week, decide how it went and if you can go another week. Also, don't fall into the pitfall thinking of "well, I was on plan this whole week, surely I can reward myself with this pie (or whatever)". That is just sabotage and will ruin everything you did the past week. The reward you give yourself for your week, is the knowledge that you DID it, for a FULL WEEK, and that's amazing. And then set your next goal

btw, congrats on what you have done so far. That is amazing progress!
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #4  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to send out a HUGE THANKS!!!! What a difference you have made for me!!!

I'm offically "on track" again!!!! I signed up for a few challenges on other forums. I feel so motivated and amazing right now. Maybe part of why I was so unmotivated was because I felt so alone (no one in my life really knows what a challenge emotionally and physically it is to lose so much weight). I'm so happy to be back here!!!!

Again, thanks so much!!!!
betty grrl is offline   Reply With Quote