Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- No problem. Seems that when the state is left off, most people mean OR... I guess it's the default! Have a blast!!

Ruth -- I'm moving more to letting hubby eat the meat and I just eat the veg. I have a lot of veg choices in the summer and they're so good. But I think I might want to up my protein eventually...
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #92  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Hi all, hope everyone had a good day.

I had an blah day. I stayed on plan, but was not excited. I had a friend over for dinner so I didn't exercise, but I am allowed a day or two a week where I don't exercise, so that is ok.

I am trying not to emotionally eat out of job-career stress. Any helpful hints?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #93  

I find that I deal best with emotional eating when I just keep myself busy... lately its been working in the garden, but taking a walk or finding a chore work too... good luck!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #94  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey, all. Chugging along today. Doctor's office called to say he needed to see me about yesterday's lab work, but doc is out of town till Monday, so I have to wait to find out why. Last two times he found early signs of possible kidney trouble, but was just monitoring it, so I'm concerned that's what he wants to talk about now. But nothing to do but wait and see....

Carol--Yes, the quote's new, though I stole it from someone else here...

Ruth--Enjoy those fruits & veggies!

Laura--I'll second what Heather said about keeping busy. Or--do you have a motivation mantra? Or--is there something else you can do to help you deal with the stress, like vent about it, write a letter to whoever's causing it (even if you don't send it), watch the funniest movie you know of? Hope your evening went okay...

Hello to all I missed. Have a great Thursday!

Angela
Old 07-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #95  

Hi everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful day today. Be back later. Ruth
Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning Ruth - get your veggie on!

Laura - I find exercise, intense exercise - the kind where I sweat my tail off not only helps with the job stress but with the headache caused by it. I'm not good about putting it into practice and I'm trying to do better with that. Hope today is better.

Angela - wow - they call and say they need to talk to you but can't until Monday - keep us posted. I have a schedule if you will with my water - I drink 24 oz while I get ready in the morning; another 24 at work before lunch; 24 for lunch; 24 in the afternoon at work and then 24 in the evening. It's the only way it works for me and I have to stick to it on the weekend too or it just doesn't happen - then I feel it.

Heather and Deb - I still have garden envy. If I'm not dog tired when I finish the Relay for Life Saturday morning I'll head straight to the Farmers Market and see what goodies I can find - I need a home grown tomatoe fix.

Stay strong!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #97  

Morning!!

Looks like it's going to be a nice day here. I'm working from home, so when I take breaks I can peek into the garden. Doesn't get better than that!

Angela -- Try not to stress too much about that doctor... sounds crazy to me, too, but I've had it happen before!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #98  

Height: 5'7"

angela- please kep us posted. I pretty much make myself drink all day long. I kinda do what carol does but i write down how many bottles I drink so I know where Im at.

have a great a day!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #99  

Height: 5'11"

Angela, my fingers are crossed for you

I got the last part of my camera kit last night and somehow managed to squeeze it into the bag -- it took half an hour of rearranging, but I think everything's in there now. Phew! My trainer, who is awesome, had me working with the pack during our session so that I could be comfortable moving it around AND so that my confidence about it would build. Have I mentioned that he's awesome? I'm going to be carrying that sucker around every time I go anywhere between now and departure -- have to get used to it! I haven't dared add the tripod to it yet -- I think I might fall over! But will do so once I've gotten used to maneuvering with just the pack -- this weekend for sure.

Other than that, life carries on! It's the most gorgeous weather we've had in a while here, but next week is supposed to be a bear. I guess it will make for a nice contrast between here and Alaska when we fly on up

I've actually cut back a bit on my fruits and veggies recently -- fruits in particular -- so that I can get more protein in. I'm missing my summer berries for sure (my absolute favorite fruits), but from what I understand, the protein is what my body needs to recover from the stresses I'm putting it through. So milk it is, and the extra calcium couldn't hurt either!

Have a great week, everyone.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #100  

I just needed to share this with you. We live in a small, very quiet town, well our part is quiet and peaceful with wonderful neighbors. Day before yesterday the son of one neighbor got mad at his parents for something or other and threw acid in their faces. I just can't believe that someone could do that. He is about twenty. It has really bothered me. I have prayed for them and would ask any of you who believe in prayer to do the same. They are in the burn unit of the hospital and I understand that the father cannot see. I don't have all of the details. The son is in custody for now. I am truly worried about this family. They are hard working christain people. You just never know what is going to happen in your life.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #101  

Ruth -- That is simply terrible!!
Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #102  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Oh, Ruth, that's awful. I'm glad this family has loving and concerned neighbors.

Thanks for the pointers on water... it's an ongoing challenge for me, especially if I don't count my coffee And yes, I'll definitely keep you posted on what the doc has to say on Monday.

Walrus, Have a great trip.

Hi to any and all I missed.

Just flying by tonight--actually have to "work" tomorrow and I'm already up past bedtime. Have a great Friday.

Angela
Old 07-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #103  

Good morning everyone, Here we are at Friday again. Am I the only one that feels like the week just started? My how time flies.

I am still doing mostly veggies with some grains. The scale only moved a lb. down. I wonder if that thing is working right? LOL! I guess I should be happy with the water weight loss, but I am looking for some FAT loss.

I have said on here many times how much I hate drinking water, that is a problem for me. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. I have tried it with lemon etc, but it is still hard for me to get in as many glasses as I should.

Angela, Try not to worry about the lab test results. They should have waited until the Dr. was available to call you. I have worked in a Drs. office though, and I know how that could happen. Probably nothing much.

Walrus, I don't eat a lot of fruit, but I am enjoying the veggies. I may go back to low carb soon. I just needed a break. I do hope you get to enjoy the trip.

Hi Deb, Carol, Heather and everyone else I missed. Have a super terrific day! Ruth
Old 07-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #104  

Height: 5'7"

Had to share a big success here. I have gone 10 full days without weighing and the scales rewarded me with a 9lb loss.I know most of it was water weight but Im thinking a few lbs are true weight.

Ruth_ I will pray for your neighbors.Life is so scary these days. You never know what is going to happen.

walrus- good luck with the camera pack. Great idea to wear it and get use to it.

My knee is alot better but I still have a knot below the knee on the shin. Not sure what it is...

Lets have a POP weekend!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #105  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Hi all,

I just noticed that I forgot to post here yesterday. I hope everyone had a great week so far. I am doing well and am on plan. My job stress is still there, but I am not letting it affect my eating. (well mostly, I had an extra 1 pt WW cheese stick last night, and if that is what my "binges" now amount to, I can live with that....)

I did yoga last night and feel much better. I do the really active kind of yoga that wears me out, but makes me feel really good afterwards.

debbie, that's an AMAZING loss! I have decided that I am going to stay away from the scales and only weigh myself once every other week, or once a month. I get too obsessed with the numbers, even though my inches are going down. Oh well, weight loss is both physical and emotional work and I need to work on my negativity around my body, my perfectionism, etc...

Ruth, your story made me cry. I hope all works out for that very troubled family.

Hi Angela, Carol, Heather! Enjoy the day!

Laura

Last edited by authentic; 07-15-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Closed Thread