Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #16  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Debbie: WTG!

Authentic: OP=on plan (whatever your plan is), POP = perfectly on plan. The 100-day challenge wasn't my idea, but as I understand it the idea is to try to stay on your plan, no cheating or slipping, for 100 days in a row.

I'm nauseated and skipping dinner so just checking in while DH eats. I made some good, spicy, black beans with veggies and rice yesterday so we could just heat it up tonight, and here I don't feel like eating at all...

Have a great 4th to all those celebrating it...

Angela
Old 07-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #17  
wants to walk away 200lbs

S/C/G: 350 -last time I found a scale

Height: 5'7"

Although I am 48, I may be too old mentally to be here. I just baked 2 loafs of our favourite multi grain bread to discover I grabbed the white flour by mistake. It is good, but I will freeze one loaf (as a backup spare as I no longer have any grocery store bread in the house) and start fresh tomorrow.

This bread has oatmeal, bran, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds (all that good stuff) but the wrong flour.... geeze! it didn't mix right either and I just blamed the heat and used my experience to make the adjustments.

Oh well, my "had to eat EIGHT hot dogs for lunch" hubby will eat the stuff, he eats anything... and in lunch box he is a captive audience anyway.

... now my whole night is off and I have not yet walked... I think I just need to forgive that. I need a flashlight as the streets around here are DARK at night. I realized that last night, it was dusk and none of the street lights came on. It WAS my plan to walk during the second rise and cook while the bread was baking but it became apparent by not so subtle hints, that hubby didn't want to wait that long for dinner, so I cooked during the second rise and the bread became dessert. Now it is dark soon to be dark-dark. I can walk 2 hours tomorrow. the dogs are fine they got 37 min this morning and to run free at the farm with hubby this afternoon during the first rise.

Last edited by fatgyrl; 07-03-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: story not the same with the EIGHT missing, lol
Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #18  

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Well tomorrow is our big day for the 100 day challenge. Im going to write out my plan so I make sure I follow it.

We are going to our neighbors for lunch today and having hot dogs and burgers, and homemade icecream. I told hubby to enjoy it because we are going to hit it hard tomorrow.
We got some much needed rain overnight along with some storms. I was going to break down and water the garden today if we didnt get any rain. Im starting to see lots of tiny squash and bell peppers.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Debbie - glad you got the rain - it stormed here most of the day but didn't rain out the pool party. Smaller crowd than usual due to the weather but what a nice day it was. Today will be family only and I'm looking forward to playing with the little ones in the water.

Should we post the 100 day challenge as a separate thread/sticky? My goals will be recording each bite in TDP, exercise at least 4 days/week and as much as I don't like time related weight loss goals - to lose XX lbs - still coming to terms with the number of lbs.

Everyone enjoy your day whatever you do. What a great country we live in.

Stay strong!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #20  

Happy Fourth of July!

100 days of POP, ouchie, I am not sure that will ever last with me. I want to, but you know how it goes.

Welcome to our new posters.

What are you cooking today? I am not cooking anything. We will have take out chicken today. LAZY! I was going to have DH grill steak, but discovered we don't have any left in the freezer. Well, it is a good excuse to not cook. I could just have a salad of course. DH is not a salad eater though.

Have a wonderful fourth everyone! Ruth
Old 07-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #21  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Angela, for the explanation and the very useful advice on the water retention, etc.

My goal is to exercise at least 4 times a week (I am doing this now so I just want to keep doing it) and to track my food and stay within my WW points each day. (I am doing this too but I tend to sneak little nibbles here and there) I would love to set a fixed weight goal but I have no idea how much I can lose in 100 days. If I lose an avg of 6-7 lbs a month (about what I am losing at my slowest rate of losing), then I can probably commit to losing 20-25lbs in 100 days. I would be happy if I end up with 20lbs lost.

I am not cooking at all today. It's salad day for me.

Last edited by authentic; 07-04-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #22  

My plan will be to stay op for 10 days at a time. I can do that right!! I will try and increase exercise after each 10 day time frame.
My first 10 days will be 1400 calories of healthy food. NO chips and snack crackers.
Exercise a bit each day. Im shooting for 20 min for the 1st 10 days.
Drink water...at least a gallon each day.
cut coffee back slowly
Old 07-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #23  
Vortex

FG: What do you mean that you're "too old mentally"?

Carol, I think we could go either way with a separate thread... our numbers have been down, so possibly it wouldn't be a problem for others on the list to stay here, but it would also be a more obvious accountability thing in a separate thread.

Ruth, I don't suppose it sounds very holiday-ish, but I'll be making tuna casserole this afternoon. I make mine with lots of tuna and peas, whole wheat noodles, and low-sodium cream of celery soup. Pretty midwestern, that's for sure

Angela
Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Carol -- Go ahead and start the POP thread, and I'll be happy to sticky it!

We are having a BBQ here. Smoked brisket, beef shoulder, and salmon!! Will try to be reasonable, but tomorrow makes more sense to start a POP challenge for me.

Happy 4th to everyone from the US!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #25  

I am in my early forties, and finding it more difficult to lose weight as I "mature". This seems like a wonderful thread to join.

Staying on track in the summer is difficult, so I love the idea of committing to 100 days of POP.

My goals will be to continue to exercise at least 5 days a week. This includes at least 3 days of strength training and at least 30 mins of cardio five times a week. Also, I will log every thing I eat. I'm pretty good at that already, but there's always room for improvement. And lastly, I'd like to be down 20 pounds by the end of the 100 days.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #26  
wants to walk away 200lbs

S/C/G: 350 -last time I found a scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex_VVV View Post
FG: What do you mean that you're "too old mentally"?
As in I am acting like a senile old woman... Oy! The multigrain flour does not even look the same on the INSIDE of the bag.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #27  
Vortex

Welcome, Scrappy!

FG: Oh, is THAT all? Gosh, if I counted up all my senior moments, well... I can't count that high.

Night all.

Angela
Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #28  

I can so relate to the senior moments. Its pretty scary how often i have them.
Well my scales jumped today. I ended up eating way too much food yesterday. I way overate the homemade icecream.
Today starts our challenge and Im so ready!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

So glad the holiday weekend is over and back to work. Was a nice day yesterday with family and then just relaxed. Ready to get the 100 lb challenge going and stay focused.

Stay strong!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I am VERY ready to get the POP challenge started!!! Ate WAY too much again yesterday. Today I have already logged in my coffee! Don't know what I'll eat today, but there are lots of leftovers to choose from. Luckily, no sweets are in the house. Lots of proteins!
Closed Thread