Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #46  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome Srpaint!

Vortex - Gosh you're so clooooose! Eee ^^

Silent - Don't have to be extra focused to be doing healthy things!

Today is another laundry hauling day for me, I believe. Good for the thighs, all those stairs.

My scale has been up and down all week, but that's normal. We'll see what it says after the weekend. I may be spending another full week with the 300's, I may not! But, I'm honestly content either way (even though I do want to see 299), because every time I even get a hint of discouragement I realize I've lost 25 lbs, and that I'll NEVER see 327 on my scale again. And gosh, pretty shortly I'll never see 300 on the scale again! Just like everyone here! We're all going to make it into the 290s and beyond... and just never, ever have to see 300 on any scale!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #47  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Thanks for the pep talk, Lovely!
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #48  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! I'd like to join in on this thread since I'm a fellow 300+ pounder (just not for much longer hopefully! ).

Just a little about myself. I'm 26, a critical care nurse in NJ, and I'm following weight watchers right now. So far it's working for me, but the last two days I fell off plan. I'm back on plan today and I love that I've learned that slip ups doesn't mean I have to stop completely. Took me a while to learn that.

Anywho congrats on everyone's losses so far!

PS: Lovely, I see your posts all over and I'm always looking at your tracker and seeing your progress - it's so inspirational! Seeing you get closer and closer to 300 has been a motivator for me .
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #49  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

kkcurtin Hehe, I was a lurker for a long while as well. You'll be out of the 300s soon, we all will

scrappygal Hey there!

Lovely That meal you posted looks so yummy!
Good luck with the laundry! I always take my time with laundry 'cause I can't stand the stairs, lol.

srpaint Welcome! You can make it out, definitely. I'm looking forward to chatting with you.

Vortex: That's awesome!! I hope you and Lovely are able to make it out of here this coming week!! Must be very exciting to be so close!

I don't know why, but I haven't had a ton of energy since this month started. I'm not as motivated as I was last month, but I'm pushing through. Sunday will be a month since I restarted my journey, which is exciting. I'm glad I've stuck with it so far 'cause it's rare for me to do so, but I'm worried that I won't last much longer. Time will tell, I guess. =P

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Edit- Hey, VirgoChic, I didn't see you there!! Welcome to the thread

Last edited by t0rn; 07-08-2011 at 11:46 AM.
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #50  
Made of Starstuff

Virgo - Welcome to our "shrinking" area Excellent job getting back on plan! It's amazing, isn't it? A little thing like dusting ourselves off and just continuing... it makes a world of difference.

T0rn - You can do it! Promise! We all go through rough patches or have weeks where there's not as much drive, so you aren't alone. You can persevere!

Vortex - *cough* I, uh, sometimes get carried away... I just get so excited for everyone. *blush*
Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #51  
rene

S/C/G: 338/321/170

Height: 5foot4

Hello,
I haven't been on here for a long time. I need something to get me motivated and reading all the posts have helped! I have so much going on in my life at this time..... so I need something to keep me on track.
rene

Last edited by endthereign12; 07-08-2011 at 11:52 AM.
endthereign12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #52  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there Endthereign! Welcome We'd love to have you join us as we work our way down!
Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #53  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

I just got back from Cornerstone on Monday night and avoided weighing myself because I was sure I gained. Weighed in this morning and amazingly I lost! I am so excited to be this close to the 200s. I'm hoping this is my month. More good news is that I'm finally seeing the change myself. Other people have been noticing/commenting for a long time, but I wasn't seeing it. We took a group photo the day we left Cornerstone, and I barely recognize myself in it. Still kind of surreal.
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #54  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

FANTASTIC work, ohlove!! Your progress is phenomenal and it's great that you're finally seeing the change in yourself. I hope you post pictures soon :P

Hey, endthereign!

Last edited by VirgoChic; 07-09-2011 at 01:11 PM.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #55  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

WTG, ohlove!
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #56  
Made of Starstuff

Ohlove - That is PHENOMENAL! So exciting!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #57  
No More Excuses!

Hi, Everyone!
It's been a few years since I last was here. I had started at 347.5 pounds but did make it down to under 300 (294.5). I was feeling so good about that acomplishment, - that I began "rewarding" myself again with food. I did gain about 30 pounds back. Last month the doctor told me it appears I am mildly diabetic. I was in shock, - as I don't have ANY symptoms of diabetes at all. Well, I'm now determined to try to avoid having to take medication for this, and am doing my best to try and control it with diet & excercise. The doctor feels that since my numbers are not too high, that I might be able to do this. Anyway, maybe this was the kick in the butt I needed to get me back on track! I have started really watching my carbs now, as well as calories. So far, I've lost about 20 pounds. I'm now at 307.5 and hope to soon be out of the 300's again, - and this time I will definately not "reward" myself with food like last time! Anyway, I would like to re-join you all again as we take this journey together.

Sparkles1
Sparkles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #58  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Sparkles1 =) Welcome to the thread!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #59  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girls! Just popping in to say hi! And to let you know I'm keeping your places warm in the 290s-280s thread. Many of you are so close! But I have confidence in you!

Hope to see you soon!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #60  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks, Georgia!

Morning everyone! Just eating a wholesome meal and checking in on the forums.

Last night I was SO worn out from a day out food shopping and doing chores that I did not want to take my walk. But, I'm happy to say I forced myself! Very glad I did it I got up this morning and actually felt like taking my walk early so I did it right away! Gotta love it on those days when you want to do more activity

Tomorrow is the official weigh-in day. I've been maintaining the whole week, which is a good thing! So we'll see what my results are tomorrow morning =)

Have a great Sunday everyone!