Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #76  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Learn Have a great 4th of July and be safe, too! I'm ready for my vacation in a couple weeks. It's been a year and sure feels like it. Thinking we'll head to my brother's and hit the coast. My 3 year old has never been to the beach! She saw a picture of a little girl walking in the sand and said, "Ewww, mommy, why is that little girl walking in the mud??" Poor kid. :P

Lynnie Congrats, lady. I feel you on the coffee. I considered not buying any during my grocery trip yesterday. I am a Folger's fan, and my bucket of coffee will last me over a month, but in the last six months has gone from $7 to almost $12!! Seriously??? It's my last ditch effort to maintain one of my have-to's. I don't smoke anymore, seldom drink and am cutting out fats (slowly)... it's all I've got left!!!

My teenager is working this evening and there's no fireworks in Central Texas, so the little one and I are going to my boyfriend's brother's place for a cookout and pool party. I'm responsible to bring dessert. Hmmm, if I get something I'm not all that interested in eating, then it won't be so hard to avoid it, right?

My positive: I'm really proud that I walked in that gym Saturday morning! I'm still glowing from it. Surrounded by sweaty men (I didn't see ONE female in there working out ~sigh~), I took the tour and paid the dues. I am pumped to start my routine bright and early tomorrow! I can DO this.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #77  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

kkcurtin - good job getting into that gym! I know I have been tackling the fear of daunting places like that myself - just remember, you deserve it!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Daily positive: I kayaked 1 mile today to Freeport Marina and back. Trying my damndest to tame these batwings (upper arms) into submission!!!

I only lost 2 pounds this week, but my fitness level has improved and I feel good!!!

Happy 4th of July to everyone!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

A drive by super positive for me - will be back later for catching up - managed to stay OP all weekend - through a convention, a 12 hr wedding job, and 2 days off of work! Woohoo!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #80  
starting over again

I did the highs now I'm riding out the lows again - I am very cranky!

My positive for today: despite resenting every minute of it, I did my mile walk today, and I am gonna try to fit some swimming in later. I am gonna power thru it, yay me.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #81  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: Struggles are required in order to survive in life because in order to stand up, you gotta know what falling down is like.

positive action: Its humid and I babysat today. I gave RJ a old cell phone and he is walking around going Hello!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #82  
Every moment is a choice

S/C/G: 450/tracker/??

Height: 5' 6"

One positive thing about me is that I'm learning to think differently about food and exercise and health.

One metaphor I've been embracing recently is that it really is a journey. Just like a real trip, sometimes we get off on the wrong exit, or get turned around headed in the wrong direction. When that happens, who keeps driving in the wrong direction while muttering, "well, I've already ruined the driving for today...might as well just keep going east. I'll start back on the West business tomorrow"???

No one!

So isn't it silly to do the same thing about eating or exercising or whatever the plan is? yep yep yep, so I hustle myself back in the right direction, hut hut hut. :-)

Anyway, thinking it through that way really helps me to get back on track without delay and without trash talking to myself, okay, except I think about it as "turning the Titanic around" but it's okay to laugh at myself right? :-D

Hope you are all finding the positive in your journeys too!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Positive Poetry for today:

Woodland Epiphany

Treading silent, slow
Soft pine needles give
Grace to aching knees
Blue sky beckons forth
Come on, just a little more
Girl, you gotta go
Forth and find your dream
Amidst these trees, secrets
Stay kept, and greening leaves
Rustle flutter-by whispers
While the wind says hush
Now, quiet is kept and the
Birds betray nothing, chirp
Joyful nonsense, singing
Sweet melodies of Now.

~By Sidanne~
Posted on My Medifast Blog
July 5, 2011
Old 07-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #84  
Every moment is a choice

S/C/G: 450/tracker/??

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidanne42 View Post
Positive Poetry for today:

Woodland Epiphany

Treading silent, slow
Soft pine needles give
Grace to aching knees
Blue sky beckons forth
Come on, just a little more
Girl, you gotta go
Forth and find your dream
Amidst these trees, secrets
Stay kept, and greening leaves
Rustle flutter-by whispers
While the wind says hush
Now, quiet is kept and the
Birds betray nothing, chirp
Joyful nonsense, singing
Sweet melodies of Now.

~By Sidanne~
Posted on My Medifast Blog
July 5, 2011
Wow. That is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #85  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

Snaplet I agree with you and am trying to see things the same way you are. It IS a journey. I need to stop seeing the days I fall off the wagon as failure mode and rather seeing those things as an off day... or even a LIFE DAY. Though I'm trying to change my life, sometimes life itself gets in the way of that. Just like stress or uninvited drama gets in the way of our normal life, so does a temping piece of chocolate cheesecake or a head cold that keeps us outta the gym!! It's life... we just need to see it that way, hmmm? Thanks for the brain food.

Lost I feel you lady. Have to push through. I think sometimes that if I push through the crank and actually make these new changes habit, the old me and my habits might disappear somewhere in the shadows.

Laura Great job staying OP. It's hard but so rewarding when we do!! I avoided a HUGE chocolate chip cookie today in the office. One of the girls was walking around dangling it in front of others saying she couldn't possibly ingest it, did anyone else want to? She almost had it force fed to her. :P
Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 416/363/230

At first I thought well I didn't really do much today. But then I realized my knees weren't hurting! That's such a big thing for me! My knees have been giving me grief for several months. It started when my dog came flying around the corner (large white shepherd at 85lbs) and I was standing w/my knee inside the patio door blocking her path cuz she does this every time she hears the door open...anyway my mom had the gate open and I didn't want her to get out and take off like usual..well so that was a few years ago and I started babying it because it hurt like **** for weeks..so of course we all know what that means! Vicious cycle!! You baby one side, you make the other hurt!

Anywhooo, the more they hurt the less I was active and in turn gained several pounds. Again, vicious cycle! So this time I had enough and started WW and lost 9.8 lbs in two weeks, alot of it was fluid but that's okay! I'll take what I can get lol. My legs had been swelling alot too and i couldn't get the swelling to go down for months. So after this 10 lbs I just realized I'm not hurting!! What a few lbs difference makes! In so many ways!

And I'm sure i'm not the only one who has said "if only I lost a few more pounds, didn't hurt etc etc, I would get up and move more. I'd clean house a little longer, I'd do around the house, I'd complain a little less.." then I realized hey I didn't do that today..so that's a negative note on me. But positively I realized my fault and I WILL make an improvement tomorrow!!

Sorry for rambling, bad habit I'm so proud of everyone's accomplishments here. It's a great motivator!!!

Keep up the fantastic work!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #87  
starting over again

Looking - that is wonderful about your knees! That is a huge deal! So many of us know how much knee problems can impact what you want to do day to day and your loss is great as well! Keep up the good work!

Snaplet - I really like that metaphor about driving the wrong way - it is so funny and so true! I may have to "borrow it"

kkcurtin - thank you and that's a good point about it pushing through the reluctant times being part of changing a habit.

My positive for the day: I stretched and it feels nice. I know that seems like a little thing, but my everything has been hurting for a couple days and I took some pain killer and stretched for 20 minutes or so and at least for right now, my legs feel pleasant - not sore - that is a nice change!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!
So good to see the new people on this thread, but I sure am missing our regulars! I guess everyone is taking an extra long weekend!

I am loving everyone's positives. The poem was beautiful, and I am stoked that everyone is finding NSP's (non scale positives) to write about and enjoy. It means we are getting our frame of mind in the right place.

My NSP today is simply my mood. I am happy today, and for no particular reason. I got an average amount of sleep, I was rushed as usual this morning, and I have quite a bit of work to do today, and yet, I feel good. Nothing special about today, but it is a feel good day. I like it! I know - the feeling is ... CONTENTMENT. I am happy with my life right now. Wow! What a great feeling.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a fantastic POP day, and I'm sending hugs and good vibes to everyone who needs them!
Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #89  
starting over again

I wanted to add another positive - It seems to be strawberry season again at my local store and I got 2 pints of big ripe strawberries for 89 cents each! Yay!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #90  

I'm Back!
Closed Thread