Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #16  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Lynnie - I was recently diagnosed too. While it is kind of scary, it is something that we have control over and can really do something about! It was definitely part of my impetus to get back on track. It really adds a whole new dimension to what we are doing and what we are eating. I am still getting used to testing everyday, but getting better.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #17  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
Lynnie - I was recently diagnosed too. While it is kind of scary, it is something that we have control over and can really do something about! It was definitely part of my impetus to get back on track. It really adds a whole new dimension to what we are doing and what we are eating. I am still getting used to testing everyday, but getting better.
I was offered a piece of cake today and I was sad to have to turn it down. OH WELL. Its hard not to go for the sugary stuff though.

Lynn
Old 05-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
Well yesterday I went to the doctor adn found out that I am diagnosed with diabetes. So now I have to be even more vigilant about getting the weight off. They weighed me and I still have alot of water weight. If this keeps up i might skip this weeks WI and measurements. I don't like this water weight its making me feel like i have failed. OH well I will try to find something more positive to focus on today

Lynn
Sorry to hear this. Have you looked into a lower carb diet? They are supposed to be good for people with diabetes and I know when I overdo the processed carbs I retain water, but when I get back to basics of veggies, fruit, fats and protein that it just flushes out. Good luck....
Old 05-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I've been MIA, well no action, lol! I've been really down, I ate a couple of things off plan and GAINED 2lbs, I was SO fed up, NO bread, just a couple of chicken dippers and one biscuit (cookie) WTF????
Anyway I'm back on plan and exercising as of today, I think the new HRT made ANOTHER TOM start and my hormones are all over the place, I've fallen down the stairs, cut my fingers on a tin of dog food and then cut them on foil on the top of a new body cream, I was SO pms it was unreal!
Anyway I have tons of stuff to do so I'll have to leave personals for another time...HUGS to you all.
xxxxx sharon
Old 05-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #20  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torister View Post
Sorry to hear this. Have you looked into a lower carb diet? They are supposed to be good for people with diabetes and I know when I overdo the processed carbs I retain water, but when I get back to basics of veggies, fruit, fats and protein that it just flushes out. Good luck....
Torister,
I am actually think of lowering my carbs and bumping up my exercise. TOM is here so thats not helping the situation either.

Lynn
Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #21  

Greetings my Peeps!!

Oiy Sharon, you had a series of bad stuff! I've had days, weeks and months like yours. After a while, you just want to scream "enough!"

I have been on a plateau since December/January. Up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs. I guess the good news is that I haven't had any weird high ups or downs. I know all I have to do is up my exercise.

Hang in there TOM victims!!!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #22  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Greetings my Peeps!!

Oiy Sharon, you had a series of bad stuff! I've had days, weeks and months like yours. After a while, you just want to scream "enough!"

I have been on a plateau since December/January. Up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs. I guess the good news is that I haven't had any weird high ups or downs. I know all I have to do is up my exercise.

Hang in there TOM victims!!!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity

Thanks Kitty!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

@Lynnie - You can do it. I know you can, can you get an appointment with a nutritionist on referral from your doctor? they will likely be able to set you up with a meal plan to help you manage your sugar levels. If not I am sure there are lots of resources out there on the internet. And lots of recipes out there, though at first it might be easier to come up with a daily meal plan and stick to that until you get use to what keeps your sugars stable. Test your sugars and keep your logs the way you are suppose to and you'll make progress.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #24  

@voodoo sounds like one of those days. Hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Quick check in, it's been a little while. I have been able to sneak into the 330s, thak god. But I am heading to Puerto Rico tomorrow (have to leave house by 4am)...for work of course. Then home for a week, and then back to Puerto Rico for a week. Travel really messes with me, especially since the Japan trip. I will try to eat as well as I can, and since I will be working about 14 to 16 hours a day, that is about all I will do. It's ok. Lots of work to do.

Going through some depression now. Working too much, but the reality is, I know I am totally throwing myself at work because a) there is so much to do and b) to make myself not sit and think. Some days I get hit with this huge wave of it, other days I feel completely fine. Hoping to work through it. Somehow.

That's it from me now.

Take care and be well,
Real
Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #26  

Hey all and hi Janelle!!!
I'm new too and really enjoying this forum. All you lasses withTOM issues - I'm into my 50s now and past that problem but weight loss is s-l-o-w post menpause so don't get too down about it !!!!
I have completed just a week of my new health programme and am happy about that, but know all the problems and issues we all face, and know I will face them all soon enough - been on this rollercoaster ride many many a time - so can sympathise entirely with you Real, Lynne and Ratkity!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #27  

@Realist - Hope your trip treats you well.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #28  
Divine

Today I was talking to my husband and my mom and they feel as though certain people are having a negative impact on me and my journey. So I have decided not to make the effort with these people anymore because its all about me and focusing on getting healthier.

Lynn
Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #29  

Quote:
Today I was talking to my husband and my mom and they feel as though certain people are having a negative impact on me and my journey. So I have decided not to make the effort with these people anymore because its all about me and focusing on getting healthier.

Lynn
It's true, Lynn. There will always be people like that. The sad thing is when it is a parent or family member that you would like validation from and they can't or won't give it for whatever reason. My family has done way better over the past few years about being encouraging. There was a time they didn't understand the struggle, but now they are struggling with lower metabolisms and weight gain, I think they see the frustration. Either that, or I've gotten better at ignoring them LOL.

MrsTee Glad you are with us!!

Hugs to Lynnie and Nancy for recent diabetes diagnosis. There is so much information on the net that can empower you.

Real, hang in there. I struggle with depression too. It greatly affects my eating and it's a constant battle not to put everything bad for me in my mouth in copious amounts.

Hugs to everyone else!! Even lurkers.
Ratkity
Old 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #30  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Lynn
Unfortunately, some people are like that. Sometimes there are those who are threatened by positive changes we make in our lives. They then have nothing to offer you except their negativity and life is too short for that. Who knows, they might re-think their actions when they see that you will no longer put up with it.
Closed Thread