Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi guys,

I know most of you and usually don't post here but on the 300+ thread. When I turned 40 I never came over here. lol. Just stayed there

I just wanted to pop in and see how you all are doing and say hello and send love to you guys.

Carol: HUGZZZZZZ Sorry I haven't been so great at keeping up with you and Ed. I have been so sick and so not with it. Hope things are okay with you guys.

Heather: I read from the start of this thread about your doggie and my heart was breaking and then rejoicing when I read 2nd doggie doesn't have cancer. Praise God. I will keep your other little one in prayer. I had my heart attack and got my heart "defect" news in Oct. 09 and in Nov 09 my 10 year old furbaby boy got diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and went down hill super fast. He passed away a week before Christmas. We lost our 13 year old furbaby girl in August the next year and it was heartbreaking so my heart is with you girl. Hugs.

Deb and everyone else in the flooding areas: prayers, hugs and love.

To the rest of you hugs and blessings,
annie
Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie -- Good to see you hear! I am so sad to hear about the loss of your dear furbabies! Our dog who does have cancer has an excellent prognosis but we're taking him to 6 weeks of radiation treatment. Lots of stress for everyone...

Hi everyone! I had a crazy crazy week at work. But everything went okay, and I don't have to work this weekend!! I've been doing a lot of work in the garden today, and things are starting to shape up out there.

I'll be posting more regularly again by the end of the month. Next week I have to head out for a conference...more busy-ness...
Old 05-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #78  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Howdy Annie! And welcome back Julia!

I'm back, slightly less crabby, but still sick. Turned out I have a massive ear infection in left ear, some fluid in right ear as well, on top of the allergies/cold/ whatever...rotten crummy cough, miserable nights trying to get sleep, still no hearing in left ear. But at least I've got some antibiotic drops for the infection now.

The good news (maybe, sorta) is all the sudden the scale has been moving downward, after more than a month stuck at 307. I've been weighing in at 303 the last couple of days. I'm a little afraid it's just water, since I've been upping my fluids while sick. On the other hand, if that's true, I guess it proves that I don't normally drink enough...

I'm teaching a 4-week course, very intense (trying to cram 15 weeks worth of material into 4), and somehow I survived without cancelling class, even though I nearly had no voice a couple of days and was truly exhausted by Thursday. But the course is already at the quarter-way done mark!

I managed to exercise some days, but not every day, and even slacked about journaling, but I haven't had much appetite, so I think in general my eating was pretty good even when I didn't journal well.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Keep it on the OP!

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 05-21-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #79  

Good morning chicks, just a quick hello and how are you? I hope your day is op and great. Ruth
Old 05-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Annie - please stop by and visit us more often. So good to hear from you - sorry your health issues are still going on. Please take care of yourself!

Angela - same goes for you - rest and let that infection move on out. Thanks for letting us know - was getting concerned. Health first!

Heather - hope life settles down a bit for you - we miss you but are behaving. Doesn't it feel good after a productive day outside.

Big wave to all - have a great Sunday!

Stay strong!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #81  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Thanks, Carol. Feeling some better today, but still really no hearing in the bad ear... grrrr... Well enough today to get up and exercise.

Hope you all had a great Sunday, too....

Angela
Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #82  

Heather: So glad that your doggie's prognosis is good. Thanks for the about our furbabies. It has been a really rough last couple of years but... The Lord has sustained and blessed us so much through it all After our male passed away in December our female was soooooo sad, along with Joel my DH so I said okay to getting her a "friend". Well, we got a male 7 week old labradoodle named "Moose" and he is such a clown. He makes me laugh so much. He is such a blessing. Then after we lost our female we decided to get a "friend" for Moose so we got a 2 1/2 month old Bouvier de Flanders female. Her name is "Molly" and she is extremely aware of my heart issues. She can sense before my heart starts beating wildly or many other things that go on. She will bark at first if I'm doing something I'm not supposed to do and if I ignore her she will nip me until I sit down and stop! We didn't train her it is just in her to do that so she is our little Guardian Angel for me.

I hope you get a nice long refreshing summer (I'm thinking you are a college professor right?)

Angela: Thanks for the welcome. Hoping you feel better soon!

Carol: Hugs to you and lots of love

okay all, just trying to check in more often.

Blessings and have a wonderful op week!

Annie
Old 05-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #83  

Height: 5'7"

I had a busy weekend but got my garden worked up nicely and planted. I also did some more flowers. I love the way my yard is looking.
It felt good to get fresh air and even got some color. I need to remember to take my glasses off from time to time outside...I have racoon eyes.LOL
Old 05-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #84  

Hi All,

Annie that's amazing about your Molly. I get AF but my collection of Jack Rusells have not noticed! And would most certainly just trample over me like a trampoline if I was on the floor....
They are smart in some ways - but totally daft in others....

Hope you are feeling better soon Angela - ear-ache is awful.

Wish I enjoyed gardening more - I love a nice garden and LOVE fresh from the garden veggies, something special about growing your own - but sadly I don't overly love the digging and planting bit to get there....but its great excercise so maybe I will try a bit this weekend, although its coming into winter here...
Old 05-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #85  

I've been reading through this thread and think this is the place for me.

I love the way you all support each other and that is what I need right now.

I need to lose weight but am unable to exercise because of RA. I haven't been able to work since 2006. I'm pretty much confined to my house due to my disability so I have no social life so guess who/what keeps me company all day....FOOD. I love to cook so I'm always looking for new recipes to try.

I'm over 40, peri-menopausal, unable to really exercise, am an emotional eater and need to lose 100 lbs...please tell me there is hope for me. I believe anything is possible with prayer

Because of my RA, I'm learning certain foods cause inflammation and I pay the price for eating them so that's one good thing. Refined and processed sugar is my enemy I have started using raw sugar and can tell a difference. I did low fat back in the 90's and lost pregnancy weight plus more and have decided to give that a try again, along with not eating anything white. I've also read that eating several small meals throughout the day will help with metabolism...maybe helping with the exercise situation?

I welcome any and all suggestions and look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #86  

Height: 5'7"

heather- hope you have a great week!
angela- sure hope your hearing gets better fast. I HATE being sick!
annie_ so good to see you here! You are always in my prayers.
mrs tee- Wow I tend to forget we are from all over the world. Hope you dont have a bad winter.
tex- HI and welcome. I think you will love it here. Yes we support each other but also give each other a kick in the rear when its needed. These women are a wealth of knowledge.
Ruth- hi, I need to make notes on how you are cleaning out your house and start mine now. We are lived in this house for 20yrs and raised 3 kids in it. We have too much stuff!
Carol- how close did the bad storms get to you? We had a beautiful weekend just really windy. We did have rain overnight.

Slept like a baby last night after working the weekend away.Scales are the same as friday. Praying they move by wed when i weigh for the week.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

The storms were all around us - my heart goes out to the people of Joplin, Reading and Waverly. A good friend is a flight nurse and first responder - said she's never seen anything like it. Growing up in the midwest you think you know how to deal with it - not sure that is a true statement any longer.

POP weekend for me with lots of outside exercise!

Stay strong!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM   #88  

Good morning1

Carol, so glad to see that you are ok. I was worried! I was sorry to hear that others in MO. weren't so fortunate.

Deb. You wouldn't want to take notes on my cleaning things out. LOL! I open cabinets and cupboards, stand there and gaze into to them, then close them. I have one cabinet in the rec room stuffed full of Barbie dolls and dolls period. I have tried to give them to my daughter, but no go! some are very old and I thought she could do ebay with them....guess not.

Txsunflower, Welcome, I know all about the pain in joints and how much it takes away from your life. I have lived with it for a very long time. I am also aware that losing weight would be a big benifit. Can't figure out why I don't just do it!

MrsTee, about your doggies stepping on you. I used to say that my poodles would welcome a burglar into the house and then point out the good stuff to them. Aren't they wonderful?

annie, good to see you posting with us. I think it is great that your dog can sense impending problems. Hope you are taking advantage of that. Rest when he says to rest.

Angela, How is the hearing today?

Heather, I hope you got to enjoy your free weekend.

Learn, yep, I knew there was a reason we had that garage. Now if I could convince my Dh that only cars belong in there, it would all be good. LOL! Huge place full of more stuff!

I suppose I should get away from this computer and do something worth while. Take care ladies. (gents to) Ruth
Old 05-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #89  

Carol- Thank goodness you posted, I was worried about you. Now to continue my prayers to those effected by last nights tornados.

dgramie- Here's to a fantastic WI on wednesday.

Tx- Welcome to 3FC. Support is always here for you when you need it. I wish you the best on your journey and I look forward to getting to know you.

MrsTee- Sometimes I think we should have a thread dedicated to 3FC members trying to get healthy, lose weight and love they're PUPPIES! I noticed that when I cradle my labs face in my hands and look into her beautiful brown eyes everything around me disappears. I get a feeling of calm come over me. She always knows when I need her too.

Heather- Speaking of puppies, how are your doing? How is your one handling the chemo?

Annie- We haven't conversed much, but I have read your post many times since I joined over 2 years ago. You are one of the 3FC members that inspire me and I thank you for that. Hope your feeling better soon.

Angela- How's that ear doing? I don't get ear infections too often, but when I do, OMG! they are killer. The last one I had caused a build-up of pus (I know yuck!) in my ear and after a day of antibiotics I was at work and suddenly felt something oozing out of my ear, yup it was all that yuck running out my ear. I had to hold paper towels against my ear for about 10 minutes while it drained. But afterwards the pressure and pain was completely gone.
I hope yours gets better soon.

Ruth- Hope your weekend went well.

I had a good OP weekend with both eating and exercising. I feel like I have the eating part down pat and as long as I have my pool the exercise will stay that way also. I have been trying to figure something out for me to do when cooler weather comes. If I keep progressing with my weight loss I was thinking of rewarding myself with a bicycle. We definately have plenty of places around here to ride them.

Well that's all girls, I hope everyone has an OP day.

Learn
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #90  

Good Morning all,

I had to hop on here and make sure my Missouri girls are okay. Praying for you all! So happy to see you are okay Carol. I have a newphew who lives in Joplin and just so happened to be in Springfield with his dad who is recovering from heart surgery! I am so thankful Hugs and stay close to a shelter please!

Debi: Glad that you got to garden and so happy to see you are okay as well.

Mrs. T: My labradoodle is a silly goose and he doesn't really notice anything but "Play" so I think it is an amazing gift that Molly is like that and I try to listen to her. It is sometimes comical to see her, like this morning, I was breathing really hard after a lovely bath and getting dressed and she wanted me to sit still and sit down and so she started to nip my butt. I kind of ignored her then she started barking so I did listen. It seems so strange to listen to a puppy I hope your winter is a nice one!

TXSunflower: Welcome, although I myself just came back to 3fc and started posting on here too, I welcome you! There is hope. I was 510 pounds at one time so yes, there is hope. The route I took isn't the one for everyone but for me it became life and death so, I was on a liquid diet from April 16th 2007 until I had weight loss surgery, RNY Gastric Bypass in August 29th 2007. It was so hard because food was my very best friend. I have agoraphobia so there were literally months at a time when I couldn't leave my home. Food was it and TV. Please hang in there and know that there is hope. I came to 3fc website in 2005 and have been so blessed along my journey with meeting new friends that in my heart are lifelong and sooooo precious. Jewels from God along my journey to health. They have kept me going and lifted me up and helped to stay on the path. What ever path you choose to get your body healthier we are here for you. I still have a ways to go and I had a heart attack and found out I had a heart condition that is extremely limiting on my exercise and movement but... I have managed to keep going downward. You can do it and my one suggestion that I did which was the hardest thing in the world at 510 pounds with agoraphobia is to get myself to a pool. That is the ONLY exercise that I could do when I weighed that much without pain. If you can find even a therapy pool that will allow you to get in it and move your body. That is how I started out until I got about 120 pounds off of me then I started walking. Maybe that will help. Hugs and hang in there!

Iwillbe:

Learn: Awwww thanks! That is such a lovely thing to say. I'm super glad that you had an op weekend. Wonderful NSV!

Blessings all, stay safe and op,
Annie
Closed Thread