Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone -- I hope to hear of more good choices soon!

Things have been a whirlwind here. Thursday night my husband came home after 11 having driven about 5 hours for a work gig. He got out of the car and out of nowhere a dog jumped on him and he "screeched like a little girl". We both love dogs so he figured it was a stray, tried to catch it, dog kept running. He came in the house, told me, and I took food out and had the dog in the house in 10 seconds! Sweet dog, too. Clearly hadn't been out long, as it had rained earlier and he wasn't wet. Husband started driving around the neighborhood, looking for an owner looking for a dog (if that makes sense) Animal control told me no one could get him that night, so we cleared out the laundry room for him and I finally got back to sleep an hour and a half later!

I had to be in Chicago all day yesterday for a conference, but animal control did find the owner and the 2 were reunited! Turns out, he lives just down the street.

Last night I went to bed at 8:30... definitely needed sleep after many nights of a lack!

In the meantime, the dog who had surgery to remove his tumor is doing great, and stiches come out tomorrow. The other dog goes IN for surgery to remove his lump on Monday... head spins...

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Today is over - I didn't make the good choices all day I had intended but it is in the books - still a few hours to push water. I am exhausted - partly from the busy day and I'm sure partly from eating foods I'm not used to.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 AM   #33  

Good morning! It was a good morning too. I stepped on the scales and I was down .04 more lbs, now I know that is not much but I managed to get through the weekend on plan, that is something! LOL!

My youngest daughter and her kids were here for the weekend. We had a nice visit.

I hope all of you mothers had a wonderful Mothers Day. I did.

This will be a busy morning. House cleaning day and after the visitors, it needs a little more than usual.

Have an op day! Ruth
Old 05-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #34  

Good Morning All!
I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. We are postponing Mother's Day due to my mom going into the hospital on saturday evening. We had a nice breakfast planned for her with all my siblings, but we'll just do it next sunday hopefully.

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day (week), we can do this.

Learn
Old 05-09-2011, 08:29 AM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

WOW what a busy weekend we had. My baby graduated on friday and it was so long. We went out to celebrate with icecream after. I had a small cone.
Her party went great but lots were unable to make it due to the long trip around town because our floodwalls were installed on friday. The water hasnt started to go down yet. We are still out of school and looks like we will be for a few more days. I plan to take advantage of it and get some work done.
I had a quite mothers day. I didnt get to see my mom because of the water but will try and see her next weekend if the water is gone. I only got to see my youngest yesterday but saw my older daughter on sat. My son didnt make the trip due to the water. I did enjoy my day.

Food was horrible friday and sat. I did much better yesterday but it will take a few days to flush the sodium out.
Have a great week everyone and lets make it POP!!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quick flyby -- Everything's very busy here and I'm just trying to keep my head above water! (just not literally like Debbie -- I hope the waters go down soon!)
Old 05-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #37  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, no news. No loss again this week. Lots to do. Burying mom's ashes at the end of the week, so some traveling to do and must get ready for a 4-week course I'm teaching starting next Monday.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #38  

Vortex, sounds like you are having a busy and tough time, take care of yourself too in all that's going on.
it's easy to "forget" us, isn't it?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #39  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Thanks, MrsTee will do.

Hi all, happy Tuesday. Let's make it an OP one...
Old 05-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #40  

Sunday morning the furnace came on - low 40s - yesterday a record high of 94. I think we jumped straight to summer.

Felt good to be back POP 100% after a couple days of sloppiness.

Stay strong!
Old 05-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #41  

The flood gates around our town came down yesterday. We still have lots of flooding but they are having school today. Im excited and ready for my kids back. I dont do good without a schedule and routine. Hoping to get to spend some time outdoors today in the sunshine.
Food has been ok...exercise was great yesterday. We have a friend till our garden for us and this year his tiller died.I got the shovel and dug it by hand. Well I got about half of it dug yesterday. IM sore in places I forgot I had.LOL
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #42  

Day 1 went great yesterday. I plan to add another day to it and see just how many I can string together.I use to have no problem stringing 30+days together, lately I havent been able to string more and a few together.
We were very hot and humid yesterday but I did manage to dig some on the garden. I still have more digging to do today. Im hoping to get it done and plant over the weekend. IM looking forward to fresh veggies.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #43  

Good morning, how are my friendly chicks?

Deb, fresh veggies sound good! My DH decided he wouldn't plant a garden this year. He has a lot of back problems now. Another wonderful side effect of aging. He will have his 81st birthday this month. He does really well to be that age. Nothing much other than the back slows him down.

Carol, how is your DH doing?

Hi Learn, Heather, Angela and hello Mrstee.

I have managed to lose 16 lbs since the first of Jan. How can anyone be that slow at losing. I think if I had started to do a lower carb along with counting calories I would have actually lost weight! LOL! Plus I keep sliding off that wagon. I must keep myself focused!

Keep up the good work chicks, from an old hen..... Ruth
Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #44  

Hi All! Didn't realize it had been a few days since I've posted. Food is great, took last night off from exercise but picked up for it today.

Ruth - DH is good - next surgery is July 8 after our trip to Alaska - thanks for asking. 16 must be a magic number - it's what I have lost since the first of the year too - let's do another 16!

Hi to all!
Old 05-13-2011, 06:49 AM   #45  

Ruth and Carol_ way to go on losing 16lbs. My scales were back to my highest point for the year on wed morning. I have had 2 great OP days. I plan on staying op.
IM writing down my menu for the day and figuring out the calories while drinking my coffee for the day. I may change up my plan a bit but the calories will be similar.

Im going to try my best to have a NO EAT OUT weekend. If we do eat out it WILL be someplace that I can make good choices!
Closed Thread