Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #16  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi ladies,

One pound down this week. Not the two pounds I'd like to see, but better than the half pound weekly average I've been registering. It also gets me to the 10 pounds lost mark.

As I said, though, I'm going to give myself 5 more weeks before I re-evaluate (that's to the end of the current school semester, so a good time to re-evaluate anyway).

Learn, Mostly what I've done so far is start tracking fiber, and I've done a little checking to see which fruits and veggies are highest. A few things I've eaten recently that I chose primarily for the fiber: strawberries, a big cup of broccoli slaw added to my regular veggie stirfry, lentil soup, added peppers and onions to scrambled eggs, two cups of green beans instead of one. But I'm increasing gradually, and I'm still nowhere near 25 grams a day, where I want to be (I've been getting to 16 or 17).

Heather, Good luck getting back where you want to be with the new work week.

Georgia, So good to see you! How are your boys?

Carol, Walking, running, any race is amazing to me! How was the fitness group talk?

Debbie, Have fun decluttering.

Okay, ladies, time for me to get to exercising and writing... I'll likely check back in again before bedtime. See you soon.

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 04-04-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #17  

Hello ladies, I have been missing again, but I had unexpected company the last few days.

I managed to stay Op too. Unusual for me.

Did anyone else get the big storms last night and this morning? Wow!

I have an early morning date with the Dr. so I won't be lingering here. I do hope everyone is doing well. See ya later. Ruth
Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

Ruth- your house sounds like mine use to be. My friend teased me that I ran a bed and breakfast. Way to go on staying OP. Yes Ruth we had storms. Alot of damage about an hour and a half south of us.

Carol- we want details please!

heather- how was food yesterday? I did better but didnt really feel like eating last night so settled for a bowl of special K for dinner.

angela- I love benefiber singles, kinda like crystal light but with fiber as well. I also take 2 fiberchoice tablets a day. My dr wants me to get 30-35 grams a day. I dont come close most days.

ingrid- way to go on the 60lbs.

geo- welcome back!!

judy, battle, walrus,barb, HI!!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #19  

Ruth- No storms here yet, but they're on the way. I check the local radar on my computer to keep track of those things. We have horses, so we need to know if they need to come in out of the bad weather.

Angela- A pound is awesome! Congratulations! I have added broccoli slaw to my grocery list today. I always have onions, oh how I love my onions.

dgramie- Don't you just hate it when there's a new sound in the house (or car) and you can't figure out where it's coming from or what it is?
Oh I was looking at turkeys the other day in Walmart, I may have to add that to my grocery list too. Got a craving now? Have a great week also!

Carol- Oh Carol, we're waiting to hear how things went.

Heather- One day at a time has been my way of thinking for a long time. It's too stressful to think about any more then that.

Georgia- Sounds like you got a good game plan there. Now go get em' Look forward to getting to know you better.

Well I had a good OP day yesterday. I plan on doing the same today.

Let's make this a solid OP week for all of us, O.K.? We can do it!

Learn
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning!

I ate a big cookie yesterday... but I don't think the calories ended up being bad. I need to track whatever I eat today. That's what keeps me on track. Scale is going back up again, and that is not acceptable.

But Tuesdays are my long day at work. Not fun.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #21  

learn- opps sorry I missed you in the personals. We are done with the storms and are suppost to be cool today and then a huge warm up again.I want to be outside.

heather- Lets make a deal...we are both struggling with the scales. I will write down each bite all week long. Will you join me? Lets show those scales whos boss!!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #22  

Let's do it, Debbie!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #23  

just changed my ticker to yesterdays weight...not a pretty place!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #24  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Oh, it's going to take me a little time to put names with history on here again...I'm afraid I'm going to get some of you mixed up with others!

Sucks to turn 50!

I had a lovely night's sleep. Woke up with puppy tongue all over my face! I love my little dog, but please! Not so early with that tongue!

Angela, well done! I'd take a one-pound loss/week! My sons are doing very well. Thank you for asking. Quinn's at community college. He's got a girlfriend. I'm ambivalent about her. Nice girl, but she enables his laziness. Rhyan is doing well with home school and taekwondo. Got his blue belt last week. He started Pilates with me two weeks ago because he's so impressed with his mom's rock-hard abs.

If you want to read about what I've been doing with my life for the past year, go to my blog Gourmet Sandwiches. If you want to know about how my weight loss efforts are going, my other blog listed with my signature below tells you all about that.

Confessional...I ate SIX coconut macaroons yesterday. You know, the little ones shaped like chocolate kisses, and they've got chocolate bases. I thought that keeping my calories low for the day would have made up for it, but it didn't. Drat!

Today is my loooooong day. Rhyan goes to a community day of school with the home school crowd. I go to Folsom (east of Sacramento, north of me) to a class. I get home just in time to get dressed for Pilates. Won't be home till after 7. It's my one day a week where almost all the food comes from eating out, so I have to be very picky and careful. Today I'm going for a veggie and chicken stir-fry without noodles or rice or soy sauce. I don't know what's for dinner. Quinn is going to make it...he thinks he's Emeril, but the "Bam!" I usually hear in the kitchen is when Quinn drops pots on the floor!

Learn, I'm with you on the solid OP week!

Will catch-up more later. Everyone, have a lovely day!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

OK - the "talk" is over - I think it was my cardio for the day - I yapped non-stop for 20 minutes. I think I mentioned the 3 young girls I hoped to touch - only one of them came back last night but I do believe I reached her - she stopped me after and asked a few questions. We then went on a two mile walk around the campus - in the wind. I was energized when all was said and done.

The big news is I showed a 4 lb release - I have to attribute it to the increased activity and exercise last week. Same plan of attack this week!

Thanks for all of your support in getting me past this first hurdle - I feel like sharing my story helps others understand it's a work in process.

Stay strong!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #26  

Debbie -- I wrote everything down today and had a great food day!!
No exercise, but a 12 hour work day...
Old 04-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #27  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

No exercise today and my fiber count was low... but calories were okay. I spent all day trying to finish this essay about Benjamin Franklin, then taught my grad class all evening. I am BEAT. Sitting at a computer all day is definitely not what the human body was designed to do.

YAY Carol! Well done!

Debbie, 35 grams?!?!?!? Wow. I feel like 25 is hard...

Geo, Heather, sounds like we're all on the hard Tuesday plan right now. My day goes from 8 am until about 10 pm on Tuesdays. I hate them! But this is only for the next 4 weeks, then I get a new schedule, which is one of the best things about this job... no matter how bad a schedule you get, it's always temporary.

Heather, WTG writing it all down!

Happy Wednesday ladies....

Angela
Old 04-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #28  

Yay for surviving Tuesday!! Angela, you're right about the schedule. 8 more weeks of this... course, my Thursdays aren't great either...

Debbie, how'd you do?

I've decided if I have to get up early, I might as well make it useful. It would be great if I would exercise, but today I prepped my food for work. That feels like an accomplishment! I think it's going to be a good food day.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #29  

Good morning! I only have a few minutes this morning as I am expecting a call anytime. I wanted to come in and say hello though. I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP.

Yes at this time of year my house is like Grand Central. LOL! I would like some warning though!

I did the Dr. thing, gave them my blood and have a very bruised arm where the tape was put. I must remember to tell her not to put tape on my arm, I will hold it in place. I look like I had a fight with someone.

I will try to get back later for personals. Have a great day everyone. Ruth
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #30  

heather- I did GREAT yesterday even with some unexpected DRAMA! I hate drama! It causes me to eat and I didnt let it yesterday! I recorded every bite and measured each serving .I also worked in the yard for 2 hours. I still have another few hours to do today if the weather allows it. I can feel muscles that havent been used in a while.

Carol- awesome weight loss!!! I told you it would be big this week after last week. Just shows what stringing the days together can do.

Geo- glad to hear the boys are doing good.

angela- My mother had colon cancer and he my dr is super strong on believing increased fiber reduces your chances of getting it. I have to use some suplements and still dont get enough most days. I do know that my IBS is much better because I avoid diet soda and get the extra fiber.

learn- are you feeling better? Hope the weather didnt get too bad there.

ruth- how are you?

Well I had a heart to heart with hubby and tried to convince him to join me again in exercise. He has gained about 10lbs in the past month. He says he will because I got teary eyed and he cant stand that.LOL I told him I need his help in getting back where I felt better and back into my summer clothes.
I have never been one to reward myself for goals met. I have decided that I want new beads for my bracelet. I will get one for losing 20lbs.
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Closed Thread