Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #91  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good morning all,

I a have been absent for a few and look at all I have missed. I will be back this evening to read each post, but for now this is one fly by. I am actually meeting Stella today. I get to meet a 3fc'er face to face and we will be spending the day together. She is in my hometown for vacation and I am so excited!!!!

On antoher good note, all that sodium weight I gained last week is gone, every songle ounce, so I am back in the saddle again and I am off and running. So happy I was able to have it all disappeared just like it appeared.

Thanks Annie, the pep talk helped about it!!!!

HEllo to all and see you chica's soon.

Hugs love and blessing, and remember to make every moment count,
Love ,
Ags
Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #92  

Silent!

The chat doesn't move very fast these days. Pretty easy to keep up with.

Glad you are with us!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #93  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

the humidity is really bad here. Its got my back hurting and my knees there is no way I can exercise today. I want to so bad but it will hurt me.
Hope everyone is having a warmer and sunny day day.

lynn
Old 04-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #94  

Height: 5'6"

This thread has not been very active since I last visited. Had a wonderful vacation and started back on plan last Friday. *Yes* the Friday before Easter. I figure there will *always* be a reason to put off getting back to losing weight...so better sooner rather than later. I am just happy to have maintained my loss for the break I took. I have found that by upping my caloric intake I am able to maintain much more easily.

Back to lurking and reading....take care all!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Peggy great to see your pretty smiling face on here again! xxxxx
Ags so pleased that you've lost the salt-weight you gained, it is so annoying, isn't it? Where are the pics of your meeting with Stella? I want to see them NOW! xxxx (ps Is that you both in your new avatar? If so DOH! lol)
Ratkitty, those trailers are so CUTE! Do you get canopy thingies to make them more roomy when the weather isn't so good? It wouldn't be suitable for us with 2 boys but singles & couples must have such fun using them!.xxxxxx
Lynnie why do you get so much pain, were you injured or do you have an illness? Just asking coz sometimes a steady stroll & stretch is beneficial but obviously sometimes you do need to rest, depending on what's causing the pain. Hope you're feeling better today. I forgot to tell you about the side-squats, they call them lunges in the dvd, you step out with one leg, squat, return to centre then step out with the other leg and squat etc etc it is hard and I often just do static squats if my knees feel unsteady (gammy ligaments).xxxxx
Annie where are you, my ray of sunshine? I hope you're ok and enjoying Easter and time with Joel.xxxx
I treated myself to some Sketchers 'Shape-ups', as I do a lot of walking I thought I'd use them for shorter walks, they are SO comfy! They are white and silver (a bit girly for me, lol) but the others were PINK....ICK! I feel like I'm walking on a trampoline! I also treated myself to a beautiful purple suede duffle/handbag, a green/blue tie-dye maxi shirt and some dark blue sunglasses but the warm weather has disappeared for the moment! DOH! I usually buy for my hubby, boys, dog, even my sister but always put myself last, I thought, for a change, I'd treat myself, just hope I don't look like a bag lady or a sack of potatoes in the skirt!
I'm exercising and eating great, I just started my new HRT today, I'm hoping it helps coz I'm so sick of being tired, lethargic and irritated. TOM is imminent-I wanted to kill my hubby last night coz of his snoring so I know I'm getting PMT, lol, SO pleased he can't read my mind or he'd spend one week every four hiding! lol
xxxx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 04-26-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #96  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
Peggy great to see your pretty smiling face on here again! xxxxx
Ags so pleased that you've lost the salt-weight you gained, it is so annoying, isn't it? Where are the pics of your meeting with Stella? I want to see them NOW! xxxx (ps Is that you both in your new avatar? If so DOH! lol)
Ratkitty, those trailers are so CUTE! Do you get canopy thingies to make them more roomy when the weather isn't so good? It wouldn't be suitable for us with 2 boys but singles & couples must have such fun using them!.xxxxxx
Lynnie why do you get so much pain, were you injured or do you have an illness? Just asking coz sometimes a steady stroll & stretch is beneficial but obviously sometimes you do need to rest, depending on what's causing the pain. Hope you're feeling better today. I forgot to tell you about the side-squats, they call them lunges in the dvd, you step out with one leg, squat, return to centre then step out with the other leg and squat etc etc it is hard and I often just do static squats if my knees feel unsteady (gammy ligaments).xxxxx
Annie where are you, my ray of sunshine? I hope you're ok and enjoying Easter and time with Joel.xxxx
I treated myself to some Sketchers 'Shape-ups', as I do a lot of walking I thought I'd use them for shorter walks, they are SO comfy! They are white and silver (a bit girly for me, lol) but the others were PINK....ICK! I feel like I'm walking on a trampoline! I also treated myself to a beautiful purple suede duffle/handbag, a green/blue tie-dye maxi shirt and some dark blue sunglasses but the warm weather has disappeared for the moment! DOH! I usually buy for my hubby, boys, dog, even my sister but always put myself last, I thought, for a change, I'd treat myself, just hope I don't look like a bag lady or a sack of potatoes in the skirt!
I'm exercising and eating great, I just started my new HRT today, I'm hoping it helps coz I'm so sick of being tired, lethargic and irritated. TOM is imminent-I wanted to kill my hubby last night coz of his snoring so I know I'm getting PMT, lol, SO pleased he can't read my mind or he'd spend one week every four hiding! lol
xxxx sharon

Sharon,
I was in several car accidents where I was hit in the rear and it caused back damage. So when the humidity is up my lower back has a tendency to cringe. I think I am going to add those side squats to my exercises. Thanks.

Lynn
Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #97  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Just checking in all to see how you are doing? I finally came down to 284.2 lbs...then easter hit OOPS idk where I am at now, havn't jumped on the scale LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #98  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Lynn – Sorry to hear you are hurting. Take care of yourself.

Torister – That is still so great that you have been able to keep everything you lost off. Sooner is definitely better than later to get back at it. I hope your Easter went well.

Sharon – Yay for new walking shoes! It is so important to have something a pair that is good for your feet. Hopefully the warm weaher will be back soon and you can enjoy your other purcases as well.

SMS – Hopefully the damage from Easter wasn’t too bad.

I have been dealing with feeling very frustrated with basically not losing much. Seven pounds over five weeks when you just start and are doing very low carb just doesn’t seem right. The fact that I lost half a pound one week and nothing the next while being as close to perfect as I could be has made me rethink what I am doing. I am now thinking that my body might need a certain amount of carbs to keep my metabolism running optimally and also that I may not have been eating enough calories. I am trying to keep an open mind and look at this as a learning experience while I find what works for me rather than getting angry about it.

But it is hard not to be mad. It felt so easy to do very low carb. It was a breeze to keep my calories low and not have any cravings whatsoever for sugary anything. I thought maybe I had found my magic formula, but it doesn’t look like it. Sigh. Or maybe I am being overhasty and I need to give it more than two weeks? I don’t know.

I ate some carbs (sesame noodles) last night and today I feel rather crappy. I feel like I have puffed up like a balloon and am retaining a whole bunch of water (well, that has actually been ongoing for a few days since the weekend when I also ate a bit of rice and other carbs). I think I will stick with just fruit and veggies for now and see how that goes. Or maybe add some gluten free bread? I don’t know. I really want to talk to a dietician about all this, but my appointment isn’t until May 10th.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #99  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Nope, as of right now im only up 0.6 a lb. Which means I have 5 days (well 4.5 now) to lose that plus my 2 lb pledge to sarge. I think I can do it !!
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #100  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
Lynn – Sorry to hear you are hurting. Take care of yourself.

Torister – That is still so great that you have been able to keep everything you lost off. Sooner is definitely better than later to get back at it. I hope your Easter went well.

Sharon – Yay for new walking shoes! It is so important to have something a pair that is good for your feet. Hopefully the warm weaher will be back soon and you can enjoy your other purcases as well.

SMS – Hopefully the damage from Easter wasn’t too bad.

I have been dealing with feeling very frustrated with basically not losing much. Seven pounds over five weeks when you just start and are doing very low carb just doesn’t seem right. The fact that I lost half a pound one week and nothing the next while being as close to perfect as I could be has made me rethink what I am doing. I am now thinking that my body might need a certain amount of carbs to keep my metabolism running optimally and also that I may not have been eating enough calories. I am trying to keep an open mind and look at this as a learning experience while I find what works for me rather than getting angry about it.

But it is hard not to be mad. It felt so easy to do very low carb. It was a breeze to keep my calories low and not have any cravings whatsoever for sugary anything. I thought maybe I had found my magic formula, but it doesn’t look like it. Sigh. Or maybe I am being overhasty and I need to give it more than two weeks? I don’t know.

I ate some carbs (sesame noodles) last night and today I feel rather crappy. I feel like I have puffed up like a balloon and am retaining a whole bunch of water (well, that has actually been ongoing for a few days since the weekend when I also ate a bit of rice and other carbs). I think I will stick with just fruit and veggies for now and see how that goes. Or maybe add some gluten free bread? I don’t know. I really want to talk to a dietician about all this, but my appointment isn’t until May 10th.
Nancy:
Today I ate some spaghetti and I feel like crap. I am thinking that the to much carbs is making me sick ( feeling like crap). I have been maintaining under 200 carbs a day.

Lynn
Old 04-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Just a quickie, I lost nothing at the slimming club this week, TOM arrived so I think it's that. I was pleased though coz I had some jeans I'd had to lie down in to fasten (with a tummy-control panel) and I'd ordered two more pairs, both of which I can fasten WITHOUT lying down! I'm sure my tummy is smaller and my boobs definately are (sob!).
xxxx sharon
Old 04-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #102  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I have been experimenting over the past three days and have discovered that apples are a real problem for me. I had an apple with my afternoon snack the past two days (that also included string cheese) and both evenings was hungry all evening. Not only that, I also ended up craving sugary things for the first time in a long time. I decided to test my theory today and had an apple with breakfast (along with Greek yogurt) and I have spent the entire day hungry - even right after I ate. In fact, I was hungrier AFTER I ate the apple than before. It is so weird. At the same time, it is great to learn this about how my body is responding to carbs and I can start to build a list of safe and not so safe foods. At least the past two days the sugar hunger didn’t last into the next day. Hopefully I can make it through today and have it be gone tomorrow.

It looks like it is going to be a gorgeous weekend, so I am planning on checking out an arboretum tomorrow and doing some walking there.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey All goign to try and join in here sorry I'm not good at individual responses!

lynn - Hope you feel better soon I know how 'icky' i feel when I can't fit in some activity (even if its not excercise, last night it was dancing...) esp since you've had a good routine going.

Nancy - Hope you figure things out, at least you have the appointment on the 10th I'm sure they'll help you sort some stuff out. Can't imagine having to eat gluten free its in nearly everything i love.

Sharon - Yeah for the NSV It would be very exciting to fit into new pants!

Ratkitten - Awww thanks for the reassurance, I just have what I call "Internet Attention Deficit Disorder" can never seem to focus on one website or thread when I am online. Heh I get very side tracked.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #104  
Divine

I just don't know whats wrong with me. It could be that my PMS week started yesterday. I don't know and i feel as though nobody understands how I feel right now.

Lynn
Old 04-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #105  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

not the cheat, you might be allergic to apples, that is often a sign of being allergic to a food. Your body isn't/can't process it right so it craves more to help process. Kind of like an insulin resistant person uses more insulin to cope with not using all of what they already used.

lynnie were here for you! we understand!
Closed Thread