Susan,

I loved it!!!!! Good one!!!!
Ags
Old 02-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #47  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Hey honey bees,

I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend.

I have been super busy with my jobs and business stuff and time has been really limited. Also, I got another job offer Friday! Wow! Hmm... something to think about b/c I just started my 2nd job about 4 weeks ago and I would have to give it up (which I don't mind b/c this job is more in my career and also pays about 8K more a year), but I feel kinda bad b/c I know they'll be short staffed. Ugh! Sometimes I wish my 'niceness' didn't get in the way of me making decisions that are FOR me (actually I think I just answered my question with that thought!. Anyways, I'm leaning more towards this new offer but I'll decide by Monday. I need to see if they will let me telecommute a few days throughout the week.

Anywho, I am down another 2 lbs this week. Yaay! I'm inching along here but I'm still making progress and that makes me happy. I haven't been as active as I was initially b/c of limited time, however I've continued to stay OP and make good choices.

I'm glad to see that many of you were able to sleep in and get some relaxation today! That is fantastic.

Ags and all of you other losers, congrats on the weight loss and for those of us that are not agreeing with the scale, congrats on your continued perserverance to push through and keep going until you reach goal AND BEYOND!

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 02-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening Ladies...

Well today is 6 days that I have been POP and I also worked out today for 40 mins and burned 458 calories...whoohoo!!! I am really getting into this again and that is really a good thing and I have almost completed a full week of being back at keeping track of everything I eat

Tomorrow is my first weigh in and last week I started at 282 ( as you can see by my ticker) and I am hoping that I will be in the 270's tomorrow that would make me sooooo happy. I am both excited and scared about tomorrow's weigh-in because I am hoping for a good number because I kicked butt with my eating and working out so I hope that I am not disappointed when I step on it and see that I only lost 1 lb or something so I am keeping positive thoughts that tomorrow will be a good weigh in.

I will be here tomorrow morning after I weigh-in and I will change my ticker and I will post how much I lost

Talk to you ladies in the morning
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 02-26-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:39 AM   #49  

Good Sunday Morning All!

Susan- You found a good one there with Garfield. Cute!

Ags- Oh how awesome to stay under the covers and chill.
How long did it last?

Honey- CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb. lose. A new job offer! Wow, you'll choose whatever works best for you.

Heather- Way to go 6 days POP. Woot Woot!!!

I had a super POP day yesterday. My yard is looking so much better now that the dead frost bitten plants are just about gone and good news, after I trimmed them back and raked out all the fallen leaves there are a whole bunch of new ones sprouting. I love spring!
I started carb counting on friday and am enjoying it immensely. The scale is finally making a U-turn and heading in the right direction. I have a bit more energy and I'm not feeling hungry so far.

That's all for me, I hope everyone has a great sunday.

Learn
Old 02-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #50  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' ladies! Yep, I'm here on a Sunday morning. Usually would be at work, but I took today and tomorrow off to celebrate turning the big 4-0 tomorrow!! I've been in a bit of a funk because I hurt my hip a bit working out and I'm floundering a little trying to figure out where to go from here. I was starting to feel REALLY good exercising vigorously daily, and now I've been irritated and demoralized a little.

BUT, I decided to come to my favorite POSITIVE thread and declare that I am heading into this next decade of my life with 90 lbs gone since May of last year. Smaller than I've been in quite a while. Able to tie my shoes without really struggling. Knowing that I have a plan that is going to allow me to really succeed this time. Really looking forward to my 40s, and knowing in my heart that this will be the best time of my life. The possibilities are endless!

Tonight is Darren and my romantic date night! I have been planning to wear a dress I've had forever that I can fit back into now that Darren has always liked. The other day Lily was making videos on her flip cam and caught me sitting there, and I have to say, it was NOT flattering and it got me down some. I even entertained thoughts of "well, now, obviously you aren't looking as good as you thought, what are you trying to prove wearing a dress and heels and getting yourself all dolled up when you still look like THAT?" My old struggle with "why bother, you are fat and the last thing you want to look like is that you tried too hard". SHUT UP, you self-loathing inner dialog! My hubs thought I looked hot back in the day when I wore that dress, and I fit it again, so I'm going to make myself as pretty as I can and CELEBRATE! I'm actually kinda scared about it, but just like the water park last year, I'm just going to make myself do it. And hopefully it'll be just what I need to get me in a good place as I turn 40.

Sorry I'm rambling! I've been having all these thoughts and figured I'd share them with my fave ladies. Aggghhh!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #51  

Good Morning ladies...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....4 LBS LOST!

Not much else is going on today I am doing laundry and cleaning house a little bit before the nascar race starts but just wanted to come and share my happy news...

Have a great day ladies
Heather
Old 02-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #52  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
My hubs thought I looked hot back in the day when I wore that dress
shannon.... your dear hubby is gonna drool!!!! YOU HOT MAMA YOU!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #53  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Oh Happy Day,

Honey,
Congrats on the TWO POUNDS DOWN!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!! I am sure you will choose the job that has the perfect fit just for you. You are in demand baby, doesn't that feel great!!!

Heather,
You did it baby, bet the 270's are feeling real real good!!! Way proud of you!!!

Learn,
Stayed under the covers all day long and night. Tummy is still acting up,but I am alive, so that's a good thing.
Look at you all energized and the scale moving in the right direction, you are doing your thing!!!! WTG!!!!!

Shannon is in the house and how happy I am to see you. You are one fantastic lady. You have lost 90 pounds and that is saying something, actually you were doing something. You hot tamale you!!!! Don't let the dark side pull you in, You have got the Son shining on you and I am sure you look absolutely fabulous. Darren will be proud to have you at his side in his favorite dress on your romantic date night. So kick the funk to the side, it's time for Shannon to come and play. Your possibilites are endless!!!!! You are looking better than you thought, so make the night rock hot momma!!! And here is an early Happy Birthday for ya sweetie!!!!

Susan,
You always know just the right things to say!!!

My positive about me today is..............no matter what comes my way.....it's gonna be a super great day. That is all!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
rememeber to make every moment count,
Ags
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #54  

Good Afternoon ladies...

Thank you Ags! the 270's feel great and I am gonna push it this week in hopes of losing 3 lbs or maybe more I would love to be 275 or less.

I just finished working out..Today was my 55 min step aerobics workout and I burned 657 calories! I LOVE EA Sports Active 2 I just love it it keeps me going and after I am done I look forward to going back and working out the next day.

Have a great afternoon ladies
Heather
Old 02-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #55  
Pecking off pounds

S/C/G: 335/Ticker/170

Height: 6'5

Ok this is gonna start negative but it'll get better... Yesterday was a bad day... a really bad day... you cannot believe just how awful a day it's been. I decided to have a coffee from Plaid Pantry... that was my first mistake. 440 someodd calories that coffee was. Then it just went downhill from there. I had couscous which put me about 90 calories over... then I had popcorn with a lot of butter, then toast, then veggie burger... and i just didn't count it. I am NOT getting anymore coffees out unless it's plenda dutch bros with SKIM milk or made at home. The positives for today, my determination to NOT have a day like that again. No more bread, no more butter, no more popcorn, no more 500 calorie coffees. I have GOT to watch what I'm eating and find other ways to sidetrack myself from the fake hunger I'm feeling. I have had probably about 5 off days in the past week. No more. I turned down dutch bros today. I am hoping to have a light day to make up for all that crap i ate yesterday. I have GOT to get back to walking again. The weather is a little better now (not snowing or icy). I just can't believe i went and let myself go that bad yesterday. Today is a new day...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #56  
Always a work in progress

S/C/G: 460/240/150

Good afternoon everyone. I hope this Sunday is treating you well.

Misty - I'm not really feeling the xpac to be honest. I'm a casual player (not a bad player, I just don't want to devote time to raiding) and there's not a lot to do outside of dailies and farming. I'm just getting into instances again and so far I'm not impressed. They're pretty, but I really don't want to spend that long doing one run. I think that the size of wrath instances were more to my liking. Half hour tops and you're done. I don't mind the difficulty mind you, its just a big time sink that I could be doing something more productive with... like exercising, house cleaning, cross stitching etc. Your puppy is adorable, don't listen to your mom. Love the witch costume.

Learn - Aww you have horses?!? My neighbors had a pair when I was little and they'd ride them all through the neighborhood. I always wanted to ride them, but I thought it to be kind of cruel to subject them to my size, even as a kid. Maybe I should add that to stuff I want to try when I hit goal. I hope you enjoyed the visit with your friend and had a nice cookout.

Susan - Garfield had me laughing so hard. Bad for me that I was taking a sip of water at the time.

Ags - I hope you got some good r&r in. What movies did you end up watching? The new True Grit wasn't bad. My mom used to watch the original a lot so I was nice to have that as a comparison.

Honey - Congrats on the new job offer. That must be exciting. I also have a 'niceness' issue where I usually end up suffering to make others happy. I ended up adopting a "mean mommy" philosophy, basically sometimes you have to be the bad guy to make any sort of progress. If this new job gives you what you need, then go for it. In this economy the old job won't be short staffed for long and you have got to take care of you first. I'm sure whatever you decide will be great either way.

Shannon - Happy Birthday!!! Often we are our own worst critic and judge ourselves way too harshly. Getting done up for a date is every woman's right and you'll look gorgeous! I'm sure Darren will love it too! Enjoy your date night and rock that dress!

Heather - Congratulations! You can do anything you set your mind to, and you worked hard this week. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

So Sunday is my weigh in day. Yeah. I'm down to 270.2, so I'm going to call that as meeting my monthly goal for February. I wanted to hit 270 but I'm not letting 2/10ths of a pound bring me down. Plus I still have today and tomorrow to ditch it. So .2, I'm putting you on notice... go away. So that's down from last weeks 277 of which 6 was water weight and bloating.

Another positive is I got to mess with my husband a bit. He's a tad old fashioned as am I, but sometimes it's totally annoying. He won't like me like carry in groceries or shovel because "manual labor is the guys job". No lie, he actually said that to me no more than a week ago, to which I replied "no, it's the guys job to kill the bugs. If I see a spider I'll let you know."

Well anyways, I had a 20oz of diet Pepsi and for the life of me I couldn't open it. I tried to use my shirt, then a rubber band, and even one of those rubber grip thingies for traction. It just wouldn't budge. I looked at the ring that usually stays on the bottle and it didn't look perforated from the cap at all but I didn't think that would cause it not to open. I said heck with and called in my husband. I said "Hon, I can't open this" and got one of those looks. You know the look... the "ooh how cute, the little lady can open the little bottle." I just stated laughing at him and said "hey if you can't open it, no worries." He scoffed and rolled his eyes and said "oh I think I can open this." Again I just laughed hysterically.

He goes to open it and just looks at the bottle, then he tried again and you could see he was giving it his all because his face started to turn red from the strain. Watching it just made the whole situation more funny, to which I started to get a stitch in my side from laughing so hard. He looks up and all he could think to say is "that's really on there isn't it." We ended up trying a bunch of stuff to open it but finally just cut the top off the bottle. We don't have any glasses that will hold a whole 20 oz, so I got maybe 2/3s of it, he drank the rest. I don't know what was up with that bottle but it certainly made my night fun.

I got to sleep in again today and woke up with one kitty sitting right in my face and the other on up against my legs so I couldn't move. They're like little ovens I tell ya. I'm going to go do some YBB and starting earning that new wardrobe... and of course try to ditch those pesky 2/10ths of a pound. Hope you all enjoy what's left of this beautiful Sunday.
-J
Old 02-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #57  
Always a work in progress

S/C/G: 460/240/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistycrow View Post
Yesterday was a bad day... a really bad day... you cannot believe just how awful a day it's been.
Aww Misty. Everyone has off days. Don't let it get you down, just get back up, brush yourself off and keep moving forward. It's not a set back unless you give up.
Have you thought of switching to tea instead of coffee? You could get the lipton green tea bags and use splenda with them. They're pretty much free drinks, and there have been studies that green tea helps with weight loss. I don't know if it's true or a total crock, but still you'd get the same caffeine fix as coffee but guilt free. You could try sugar free powdered creamer instead of milk also. I think its like 40 calories for a tablespoon, which is more than you need for 1 cup of coffee. I know you've said you're on a fixed income so these ideas might not appeal to you, but it doesn't hurt to suggest them. If you just want a change up from water, vitamin water zeros are yummy and zero calories. Crystal light is also decent option and many stores have their own brand and usually its cheaper.
I think it's jiffy pop but I'm not 100% on that... but they make Healthy Pop mini bags that are 100 cals for buttered popcorn and kettle corn. Maybe keep an eye out for an air popper? I hear good things about them. Bread isn't necessarily the enemy. Lots of bread isn't awesome, but a slice of wheat bread here or there won't kill you. I find I need to plan it into my day, but I can make a chicken sandwich... with cheese even, on wheat bread for 225 cals. Granted, 140 of that is from the bread, but still, 225 cals for lunch isn't bad.

You said you feel its fake hunger and you want to sidetrack it. I have so been there. I still have days where I'm starving...but I know its not hunger. I have a few tips, they might help. One... sugar free gum. If it's an oral fixation thing, the constant chewing of gum tricks my mind into thinking I'm eating. I like Stride, the flavor lasts for a long time. Orbit isn't horrible, but if I had to pick it would always be Stride. Two, drink a boat load of water when you have the urge to eat. Often, it fills my tummy and I just don't to eat. A lot of people say that you can mistake thirst for hunger, especially when you're over weight. Also, caffeine is a diuretic, which means it causes your body to lose water and dehydrates you. Three, you said before that you knit. Every time I get snacky I pick up that afghan I'm stitching. You could do the same with your knitting. If your hands are busy, you don't have them free to eat. I'm a big advocate of the food journal also. If you're looking for trigger foods and where the bulk of your daily calories are, this is a great way to find them.
You'll get back on track in no time and put yesterday behind you. It's in the past and you can't go back and change it so why stress it. Take what you've learned from the experience and leave the bad feelings. You're doing great and it's going to work out.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #58  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Evening ladies,

Just a quick fly by to say hi to those you have posted since I was here earlier today.

Misty,
every now and again, we all get thrown a curve ball. But remember this, this is your book and you are writing every chapter, so everyday you get to add a new page. So leave the past behind you, and start a new day. Keep finding the positive side in everything, if it be only learning from your past mistakes. They are all learning expereinces. Now learn from it. When you know it is fake hunger, find something else to distract you, something you like and focus your attention on that. It works, trust me I know.

J,
Congrats on reaching the 270's!!!!! Way to go!!!! Loved your funny story of the Coke bottle................maybe just maybe in some small way something was trying to tell you toooo much sodium in that 20oz. Now flush it out and say bye bye to those .2 tenths!!!!
Fantastic advice for Misty!!!! You covered all the bases.

My last positive for this evening is........I am claiming that my tummy will feel better in the morning.

Hugs love and blessings,
Remember to make every moment count,
and remember let's it all about the positive here,
Ags
Old 02-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #59  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

it was such a G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S day...i had a lovely picnic with the man of my dreams...feeding seagulls, watching the boats sail by, yummmy pasta salad, board games, lots and lots of sunshine, gentle breezes....it was heavenly!! i lost another 1.2 pounds, i'm feeling better, been sooooo very tired with this pneumonia....drs care...week long rest...but i think i may go to the gym anyway. i need it mentally i believe. everyone have a beautiful week!! hugsssssssssss, susan
Old 02-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #60  
Pecking off pounds

S/C/G: 335/Ticker/170

Height: 6'5

@Cake Oh i drink tea all the time. I don't drink coffee that often. Maybe but once or twice a week. Can't drink Crystal Light... has Aspartame in it and I think i may be allergic to it... same goes for sugar free gum. My stomach doesn't agree with it most times. Good idea for knitting...

So far so good. Making me some taters right now. I make mean jojos. Potatoes sliced into wedges, little bit of olive oil and CREOLE seasoning... Pop that in a 350 oven for 20 mins, flip and another 20 and yum yum yummmmm.
Closed Thread