Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #136  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Susan,Shannon,Learn and Cakegirl,all of you keep me going together we will all achieve our goals

My apologies for not having the time to do personals,like Susan said,so many threads and I'm on so many other sites cheering you all on in spirit
Old 03-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #137  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Well here it is a bad day for me and I am going to come up with something positive.....

Positive action for the day I told my husband we could afford a flatscreen TV and he's out getting it now.

positive thought: Sometimes you have remove yourself from the problem in order to feel happier
Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #138  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I guess this is where the action happens these days?

It feels good to have my "diet mojo" back. I really hope I can manage to hang on to it! I have brought my lunch every day so far this week and tracked everything in Sparkpeople. I have kept my carbs pretty low and it feels so good. It is amazing how my cravings for sweet things go away when I stop eating them. The challenge will be keeping things going over the weekend when I have less structure. I am working on putting my own structure into my life (like setting a bedtime) and hopefully that will help.

Last edited by NotTheCheat; 03-10-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #139  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
I guess this is where the action happens these days?

It feels good to have my "diet mojo" back. I really hope I can manage to hang on to it! I have brought my lunch every day so far this week and tracked everything in Sparkpeople. I have kept my carbs pretty low and it feels so good. It is amazing how my cravings for sweet things go away when I stop eating them. The challenge will be keeping things going over the weekend when I have less structure. I am working on putting my own structure into my life (like setting a bedtime) and hopefully that will help.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH
MY JOLLYGOODNESS!!!

NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW THE HECK ARE YOU???
I HAVE SOOOO BEEN MISSING YOU!!
HUGS
SUSAN
Old 03-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #140  

Oh yeah, it's friday!

Ona- No problem about not having time for personals with each visit. We all have days like that.
How was the weather up by you yesterday? We got some much needed rain (about an 1"). Now more cool temps.

Lynn- Your positive thought is so true. I have found myself in situations were I am totally miserable and then for my own well being I have to walk away. Are you enjoying that flatscreen yet. What size did you get?

Nancy- Welcome back girl. Great job staying on track all week, now I know you won't have any trouble with the weekend. I find if I keep my weight loss a top priority and think about it often I don't slip off track as easy.

Susan- Hey hey girl!

A message from Ags: She says hello and misses everyone!

I had a POP day yesterday with eating. The only exercise I got was in the way of grocery shopping, but I did shop 2 stores for sales.
Today I'm gonna bring mom lunch again at the ALF. She enjoyed it so much last time I think I'll try to do it more often.
Looking forward to picking my son up at school today being friday. He will be on Spring Break all week and doesn't return to school until the 22nd. I love having him home with me and having him all to myself. He doesn't know it yet, but I think he and I are gonna tear apart his room and try to make it more mature. He is after all a teenager now. He still has things hanging on his wall from elementary school. I won't throw them away, they will be packed away in a special box that I have all his masterpieces in.

Well that's it for me, I hope everyone has a great friday.

Learn
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #141  
Feed Your Freedom

morning learn....great news for you weight loss last week!! woohooooo!!!
off to the gym....can't stay to chat longer!! hugssss
susan

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 03-11-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #142  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls!

Learn, 40 is still treating me well. I feel pretty darn good, definitely better than the 2nd half of my 30s! I think this is the time that I am *finally* growing up a bit! hahaha I'm getting everything in order, my weight included, and it just releases so much anxiety for me to feel a bit more in control of everything. Enjoy having your kiddo all to yourself, Lil's spring break isn't till the beginning of April. I'm excited!

Susan, go get your workout on, woman! haha So glad you are all better!

Notthecheat, I totally am with you on being amazed that the cravings go by the wayside when I follow my plan well. What a blessed realization, because in the past, my "diets" were always very heavy on the carbs and I would be white-knuckling it the whole time. What a beautiful, miraculous thing to be able to lose weight AND not suffer at the same time. That will be THE difference for us!

Lynnie, YAY, a flatscreen! I agree, too, about just separating yourself from a problem -- of course you have to still do what needs to be done to solve the problem, if applicable, but at the same time, worrying and wringing of hands does little to help, and is a totally wasted emotion. It's tricky not to, but I need to work on it, too.

Ona, you keep me going, too, and YES, we WILL achieve our goals!

Squirrellee, I'm so excited to see you so excited! That is what it takes, not thinking of this as some punishment or misery, but an exciting adventure of self-discovery and all the delicious healthy foods and activities that are out there for us to explore! Well, most of the time. You keep that attitude going, will ya?

Cake, hope you enjoyed your lazy day. I personally LOVE mine! Have a great Friday!

Ducky, if you are able to read this, PLEASE get a new computer! We can't have you steppin' out on us anymore!! Luv ya!

So I have been working my butt off getting my living room in shape. I painted on Wednesday (hate painting, it was hard!), but it looks so nice. I'm not one to be afraid of color, and it is the most cheerful light green. New carpet is being installed on Tuesday, and I am going to treat myself to a new recliner. It's going to be my gift to myself for a 100 lb weight loss. Of course I'm not there yet, but gettin' close! I am like Archie Bunker with my chair, and my other one broke recently . But it was literally 25 years old and the only way I was going to part with it was if it broke, so there you go! hahahah I'm feeling very excited about the changes, and can't wait till it's done!

Another huge positive for me is that my beloved sister is finally feeling mentally ready to get on this wagon with us. She was doing really well and down to about 255 up until about a year ago. Then her work got crazy and she gained back 30 of the 55 lbs she had lost, so back at ~285. I know I have motivated her, and so pleased that she is back in the game! And I feel like I have learned a whole lot this time around that I have been sharing with her. I feel like I am leading by example, and that feels really good!

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday, lots of love!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday, everyone!!

My positive today is that I have gotten back on track with exercising. I stopped when I got sick a couple weeks ago and now that I'm feeling better, I am back to walking every morning and doing some form of cardio every other day.

Also, it finally stopped snowing! So hopefully my morning walks will start getting longer as the weather improves.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #144  
Divine

Learn: we got a 42 inch. Its massive. But I love it because Monday I am thinking of starting walk away the pounds again..... Its going to be so big.

Shannon: I have to seperate myself from the problem because I have a tendency to lose my cool and make the problem worse.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 340/310/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi gals!! Just a quick note to let you all know I am following all the posts and cheering you all on!! It is awesome how I no longer feel so alone is this battle
I have a lot of appointments today so I am sorry this is so short!! Take care and have a great POP day!!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #146  
Divine

my positive thought for today is A person can try only so many times before realizing the reality of the situation was not meant to work out.
Also my other postive thought Is I am not just doing this for me but for the children in my life.

Postive action: I ate a fruit cup today and it tasted heavenly.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #147  
Feed Your Freedom

shannon: i so heart you!
so happy to hear such good news about your sister!!
glad you are painting and getting new things...thats always
so much fun!
and 100 pounds almost gone!! wooohooo
SOOOOO EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOU GF!!
YOU ARE AN AWESOME, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING LADY!!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #148  
Pecking off pounds

S/C/G: 335/Ticker/170

Height: 6'5

I died... I kinda went hiatus after i found out I had to get rid of my ferret. All the caged animals are gone now and I have gone way off the wagon. Tomorrow is my roommate's birthday party and I plan to have cake then start again on Sunday. I haven't been counting but I'm still losing. I was 311 yesterday so I must not be doing too bad. i just wanted to let you know what's been going on.

Positive for today, I cleaned out mother's car, vacuumed it, cleaned the windows and poorly dusted the dashboard... dang dashboard doesn't want to be dusted. And tonight I made a beaded lanyard for mom's name tag for work.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #149  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Well howdy neighbor's,

thought I would come by my home and say.......I"M HOME!!!!!!!! Sorry I could not get here, so I sent messages through my trusty friend and gatekeeper Learn. Love you so much Blanche!!!!!

Well I have not read everything, but I have read all the Newbie's post and want to say Welcome to each of you. I see Learn pretty much sumed up what this thread is all about. I would like to state again, here on the Positive thread we like to keep it positive, with all positives, and not just about your weight loss, but all positives going on in your lives. Maybe you stood up for yourself or someone, maybe you got a raise, or found a job, maybe you just found yourself, or a rainbow made you smile. It's all about finding the positves in our lives for Lord knows there is enough negativity in this world. We like seeing the glass half full instead of half empty, being thankful for what we have, instead of what we don't. We are here too cheer you own, pull you up, laugh with you and give you WOOT WOOTS!!! I think you all get the picture......so let's get the positive train on the tracks!!! WOOT WOOT!!

For all of you newbies here, I am Ags, some call me Ducky, some call me Red, or the Red Queen, but whatever you call me, know I am here for you and I am your friend. We are all family here.

Mapleleaf,
Big time congrats on getting rid of that TWO pounds, you did a smashing job!!!! Me being a diabetic, I can truly understand how happy you are to be controling your sugar. You are rockin' it girl!!!! WELCOME!!!!!

Lynn,
Yes darling, you are doing this right, stay positive, speak positive and positive things will happen. Now let's see, great job on getting your fruits in, a a great job on not crying over that nasty old pizza, you would not have liked it anyway, at least keep telling yourself that, it will make it easier. You did fabulous and me time, oh yeah, that is a truly wonderful thing. I love walk away the pounds, and that flat screen will be a joy to see the ladies on while waking away your pounds. Now see new things, Greek yogurt, don't you just love it. Creammmmmy!!!! Keep up the good work.

Ona, my sweet sweet Ona,
hot diggity dang dang, almost in ONEDERLAND!!!! :congrat : Girl I knew you could do it!!!! Super Woman you are!!!!!

Squirrellee,
I just love the name, it made me smile sooooo hard. Come back often so we can get to know you better. WELCOME!!!!!!

Nancy,
Looks like you have a great plan in place, just stick with it and you will do just fine. WELCOME to our humble abode!!!!

Shannon,
I got your message and I truly think I may have to wait on my Trike and get a new computer, not sure just yet, cause I really want that Trike. Glad to know you missed me sweet pea!!!

Last but not least, my darling Learn,
Thank you so much for checking in on me and keeping me up to date and relaying all my messages. Could not ask for a better neighbor.

I have not read all the post yet, but I will. Happy day to Cake, Susan, Misty, HoneyBee, Heather. I will respond to you all tomorrow.

I have been doing great while gone, doing well, eating well, and even working well. Last Saturday and today, I stood all day and my legs were pretty strong. I felt as though this was such an accomplishment for me. I was in the aisle singing and a dancing, what a sight to see, and my members so enjoyed it, some stopped and danced with me. It brought joy to my heart.
My biggest positive is no matter how hard this is, I can do this and I am doing it. There is nothing but VICTORY in my future in every aspect of my life.

Love you chick a peas,
hugs love and blessings and remember to make every moment count,
Loving you, Ags
Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #150  
Beverly913

S/C/G: 267/266/160

Height: 5'6"

Default This is JUST What I Needed

I really needed this thread. I have been very down on myself lately, but I am not going to give up.

One positive thing about me is that I am a very caring person. I am a nurse practitioner, and I genuially love what I do. I am also good at what I do.

Ok, that is more than ONE thing, but I have been beating myself up lately. Thank you so much for starting this thread.
Closed Thread