Old 01-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #1  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Default My legs look weird

I don't mean that in a bad way either.

I'm walking 4-6 mi a day, and I just noticed that I have some sort of weird indentation in my legs, directly below the kneecap. It's like someone took a melon baller and dipped out a chunk of lard. (Mmm...think about that in your ice cream bowl. Just scrumptious.) There's practically no fat there. Muscle and bone are as close to the surface there as it is in my wrist.

I'm also seeing that the shape of my calves is changing. Instead of yummy tree trunks of hammy goodness (See the reference to pork products again? I'm really craving pork chops, so it's on my mind.) they're starting to look like legs.

I'm not complaining, but I also don't get it. I regained over the holidays. I'm back to within 17 lbs of my most recent lowest weight. My legs look different than they did before the regain. Just weirdness.

Blah...just a mindless post since this is the one place where people actually get it.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just love it when body parts look weird in a good way! Keep up the good work!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the laugh - we do get it! I took have some weird bumps below my knee cap - or dents I'd say. In fact - looking from the side - looks like I got my shins kicked in. The calves - they are a changing - so hopefully everything will smooth out a bit and resemble anatomy 101!! Keep on walkin oh dented one!
jls0867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

one way i can tell i am losing when i am on a diet is one side of my stomach, the right side will be much smaller than my left side, i have never stuck in out long enough to see if my left every goes down..lol. i will this time though!!!
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #5  
doing it this time

S/C/G: 340/310/180

Height: 5'7

That's fantastic. All that walking is building up those legs nicely.

Here's to continued health!
b rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #6  

I have dropped to a lower weight than you and the area below my kneecap is just skin and no fat between it and the bone also.
As you get down to my weight, the outer side of the kneecap will also indent and there will be no fat on that side also.
You will have 2 indents whan you drop more weight. One on the side of the knee and one in front.
Nice!
I hope to see more changes as I go along my weight loss journey.
Best of luck to you!
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote