Help Wanted: Fashion Dept

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • That's a good point, neon. I don't want to spend a lot of money on in-between clothes. I ended up doing a lot of my shopping at Cato. They have some pretty cute clothes, and their clearances are great. I ended up with a new winter coat, 5 shirts, a pair of shoes and 2 pair of pants for under $200.

Like tiffie, I also love lane bryant's cacique line. I won't wear any other bras. It is pricey, but they hold up well. Heh, no pun intended. Their bras are always buy one get one half off, and just about every month I get the coupons for $25 off $75, etc. That way, I usually get a good deal, too. I do long for the days when I can walk into any store and find clothes though!!
  • Igigi is my absolute favorite place to shop, but their clothing *is* expensive. Ross, Lane Bryant, Macy's, Nordstrom's, Fashion Bug, Catherine's are my other haunts (in precisely that order). Another place to visit is the local consignment shop--I have a stack of clothing that's going there after I lose back to 265 and I'm not having a panic attack thinking I'm going to be wearing my "fat" clothes again.
  • let us not forget about the awesomeness that IS Target! I loooove Target even more now that they carry more things in their plus size section than "business casual for the over 40 crowd." They have very cute clothes for the younger set, thanks to Mossimo and such. Plus, their "regular" clothes run up to a size 2x (which I so cannot WAIT untill I fit in!).

And honestly... I buy a bunch of stuff at the GoodWill. Never EVER underestimate the power of a second hand store! I have gotten Lane Bryant dressy type shirts for $4 (even with the tag still on, sometimes.) and practically new jeans for $7.

My biggest problem is shoes, though. I have wide, short feet, so I generally buy 11w or 12. And any shoes in that size tend to be... not so cute
  • Quote: My biggest problem is shoes, though. I have wide, short feet, so I generally buy 11w or 12. And any shoes in that size tend to be... not so cute
    Yes, I know this issue well ... all too well. Zappos.com and Payless are the most consistent resources I know of. DSW occasionally has some good scores in this size, but I only bother with their clearance section which is organized by size.