Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 AM   #16  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

oh wow this sounds really cool guys I want one too lol I love to dance but I hate working out, I have a question though do you have to stay on that mat thing that comes with the wii then and how is that for overweight people I never had a wii or anything but I'd rearllylike one if it works this good sounds fun.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #17  

Hi! i came across this website through google for "just dance 3" i have this game ans zumba and dance central 2 for the xbox kinect. i would recommend getting the kinect over the wii simply because theres no controller to hold, its smarter and you can play with up to 4 people without having to buy anything extra. plus the kinect never runs out of battery in the middle of a session XD i LOVE the kinect (i ALSO have a wii...its always been a pain...) and i love just dance 3. its soo much fun. the first time i played i danced for an hour without even realizing it! i endorse the kinect with just dance 3 as a workout 10000%
Christakatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #18  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my wii! We also have a kinect! and we got a demo disc with the dance game on it and it sure does work up a sweat!!! anything that gets your heart rate up and you sweating is great cardio enjoy what ever you do! I try to mix up my routine because I'm a bigger gal to and dont want to hurt my bones and jointss. So I do the pool at my gym 2-3 times a week Mi wii fit every day If I can and I work out once a week with a personal trainer who's showing me how to do strength and endurance exercises so we do a lot of weights and hard core stuff like that but I keep that to only once a week. I'm also going to start incorporating some classes I think that my gym offers like Zumba, Hip Hop dance, Pilates, etc.. Keep it fun- make it something you look forward to doing!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I don't have the Just Dance game - but it's on my list of things to get! Currently I use EA Active Sports Trainer for the Wii and I can definitely tell you that a workout with something like that definitely works - even if it is *just* a video game!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 357/ticker/157

Height: 5'6"

Games like "Just Dance" are awesome because they get your heart rate up and don't feel like boring exercise. So many people think exercise has to be boring and painful. It's not true! I lost about forty pounds back in 2002 when I danced with the SCA (historical re-enactment group) 3-4 times per week. It's amazing how much you can burn after a couple hours of serious dancing.
saltatoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletSwerve View Post
I've never played this game, but it sounds like fun! Just wanted to also chime in and say there are many exercise videos who's moves are based on dance moves. My favorite (and I know you'll probably laugh) is Richard Simmons Disco Blast Off! He's a great motivator and always has something positive to say! He's also super funny and really upbeat. The whole Blast Off series is great, and I've heard his Sweatin' To The Oldies series is great as well. Just an idea.
I love Richard Simmons and also find him inspiring and caring and fun. I used to love his show too. Too bad so many weight loss shows are degrading to people.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #22  

I love love love LOVE just dance It is a great cardio and it gives me self confidence when I'm doing it. I use to to be in cheer and dance so it makes me feel "young" again lol. I've also done the Michael Jackson one and although it was fun I didn't feel the work out that I do with Just Dance. I also think the 2nd one is a better work out than the 1st and I haven't gotten 3 yet. I want to get the Zumba for the Wii as well. Has anyone played that one?
christyk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Yep. That totally counts. I have a Sweating to the Oldies DVD I am about to bust out. I use to love that when I was little.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

I dance to the Xbox Dance Central 2 and have been for about a month now. I can blame my weight loss on it! LOL!

Last edited by RedHeadLongLegs; 02-20-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: wrong number
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2bskinny View Post
oh wow this sounds really cool guys I want one too lol I love to dance but I hate working out, I have a question though do you have to stay on that mat thing that comes with the wii then and how is that for overweight people I never had a wii or anything but I'd rearllylike one if it works this good sounds fun.
Skinny it doesn't even feel like you're working out and I know that's why I love it so much lol. And no, you don't even use the board for this. You only use the remote
christyk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #26  

Does anyone know how helpful (if at all) it is to do just a song or two at a time? I don't use this for my primary form of exercise, but I do use it in my downtime on the weekends for "fun." I was just curious if you guys knew or thought it was helping even the tiniest bit. I do both Just Dance 3 and Zumba 2.
essbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 350+/341/199

Height: 5'9"

Anything that gets your heart rate up and gets you sweating is exercise, even if it's fun!
Atkins loser STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #28  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2bskinny View Post
On wii, you don't use that fitness pad for "Just Dance". You just keep the controller in your hand so you can use it no matter what your weight.

The weight limit on my wii fitness thingy-majig is 330 lbs. I'm under that by almost 16 lbs but still kinda wary of using it. Scared i'll break it. AHH! Fat girl mentality!!

I agree with everyone else. It makes me sweat = exercise.
FrecklesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyk28 View Post
I love love love LOVE just dance It is a great cardio and it gives me self confidence when I'm doing it. I use to to be in cheer and dance so it makes me feel "young" again lol. I've also done the Michael Jackson one and although it was fun I didn't feel the work out that I do with Just Dance. I also think the 2nd one is a better work out than the 1st and I haven't gotten 3 yet. I want to get the Zumba for the Wii as well. Has anyone played that one?
My sister has Zumba and it works really well for her. I haven't played it yet but is on the wish list.
Fungirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I have a Xbox kinect just dance 2 and yes it does count. As long as it gets your heart rate up and you sweat!

I absolutely LOVE my Xbox Kinect
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote