3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #282

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #91

Height: 5'7"

battle= be safe on your trip.
heather- Just take the week on bite at a time.
judy- IM so sick of winter and snow...and we dont get much just a few inches at a time but before one gets gone we get another round.
ruth- I find that when i eat pizza i get upset with myself because I dont think the flavor is worth the calories. We dont have a very good pizza place here that is open during the week. We have an awesome on that is open on the weekends. I try to avoid ordering from them unless my kids are home.

church was great yesterday but I found myself wonder what i was exposing myself to. It seemed like everyone there was coughing and stuff.

I went for a walk yesterday outside and it felt good to breath in fresh air. I cant wait to sit in my swing and watch the kids play.

Im also wanting to start thinking of my garden and what i want to plant this year.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #92

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Boredom got me a bit snacky yesterday - have to plan my weekends better now that the rush of the holidays are over.

Sleet and ice today - here we go again!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #93

Smile

Busy, busy morning! Today is my start to clean house day. I honestly don't know how all of you working women ever get that job done. When I had the store (and woked six days a week) I had a cleaning woman. NICE! Well, now I am the cleaning woman . Large house, little energy. LOL! It takes me a whole week to do what I used to be able to do in a day or two at most. Then oh Joy, I get to start all over again!

Deb, I guess that pizza hit bottom sometime during the night, the scale was up a tad. Not a good thing! at myself!

Carol, we are to get rain today. I hope the sleet and slush stay away. We still have snow under the trees on the back of the property. I am ready for spring too.

BA, safe trip!

Heather, sounds as if you have a plan for the week.

j-ann, Yeah, I am one of those that can gain just by smelling food....I have always said that. Probably not true though.

I am trying to plan my week. I am a spur of the moment cook and that doesn't always work out well. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN and then follow through.

Later, Ruth
Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #94

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ruth -- We have finally hired people to clean our house for us. I am SO happy we did it!!

Count me in as another already sick of winter. We don't get as much snow, but I'm frustrated with the cold and the gray. And it's only mid-January!!!

Now, come on everyone! Let's remember why we want this!!! Let's not let the little things trip us up! Let's DO IT!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 01-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #95
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi ladies. Back again. I've been giving a lot of thought to how I can make weight loss a real commitment. I think I'm finally at a point where I can realistically require some discipline of myself. I'm STILL behind with work, but I should be caught up (my version of caught up) in the next two weeks or so.

I'm going to start with journaling this week, checking in here daily, and getting in at least 10 minutes of exercise. That's a set of goals I know I can meet, and I need to actually do what I say to get myself started.

So--happy Monday all!

Angela

Old 01-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #96

Angela!! Great to see you here!! Those sound like good goals!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 01-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #97

Smile

Good morning ladies, what a night I had. I awoke and had to make a bathroom call, looked at the clock and went in and made coffee. I knew I wouldn't go back to sleep, I was wide awake. When I glanced at the clock in the kitchen I did a double take, It was 11:31! ACK! I have been on the computer for most of the time since then. I have played games, read up on numerous things and now I am visiting all of you.

The scale has stopped moving. I am not discouraged, not yet anyway. LOL!

Hope you all had a better sleep than I did. I am going to get in my recliner and see if I can sleep for a couple of hours while my better half is gone this morning. (he is noisy when he is around).

Hi Angela,

Ruth
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #98

Ruth- you must have woke my hubby when you got up making coffee..he has been up since a little before 2. SO needless to say I didnt sleep as well. Hope you get a bit of sleep this morning.
Angela- GREAT to see you. sounds like your ready!!
heather- we just got rain this round and it was so nice to hear it hitting the windows this morning. We may end as snow later today and around round is heading at us for thursday.
Carol- hi did you make it to the gym last night? Hubby and I did our dvd again. His glucose numbers have really improved in the past week or so.
Scales showed a bit of downward movement today...woo hooo!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #99

Angela - always glad to see you! I love how you establish fixed, achievable goals. I have taken your I can eat one meal POP a day, then two, etc. It has worked well.

Ruth - I also have trouble with sleep - we all need to remember that enough rest is a key component to this journey - I can truly tell a difference in the scale when I get enough sleep - easier said than done. Get some zzzzzs this morning.

Heather - you are right it's the little things that trip me up - I have decided this weekend will have a formal plan including menu, exercise and chores.

Debbie - the gym was awesome! I felt so full of energy when we were done - the endorphins we flowing. It's just hard for me to get there in this weather.

We've had a surprise icy snow this morning - most schools cancelling last minute - better get to the office.

Stay strong!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #100
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all and thanks for the welcome back. It's nice to know I won't be greeted with "Are you ever going to stick around????"

But I'm going to try to.

I did get my 10 minutes of exercise in yesterday and today, and I journaled everything I ate yesterday (big gulp) and so far today. I have class this evening from 7 to 9:30, so this is mostly a fly-by as I get back to preparing for class and hope the roads aren't too bad when we're done...

Ruth, I think I must've woken up right about when you tried to go back to sleep.... must've been something atmospheric happening last night.

Cheers, and ditto that, GG: Stay strong!

Angela

Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 AM   #101

Another sleepless night! To top that off the scale was up 2.2 lbs this morning. ARGGG! I didn't do anything different, so it must be water retention.

Today I am going to be mindful of the sodium in eveything I eat! I am also going to count calories as I should do every day. May get out the scale (food), measuring spoons and measuring cups. I will do what I have to do. (I like this little walking fellow).

Have a good day everyone. Ruth
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #102

Ruth - i feel so bad for you not being able to sleep. I cant take it wh en i dont sleep good for more than just a few hours one night. Im a baby and have to have my sleep!!!

I can really tell im exercising daily. I wake up a bit tight and look forward to working out the muscles. I think its time to do the minitramp daily also. It really takes the inches off my hips and thighs fast. I sure need all the help I can get in that area!! I have some new white pants I would love to have nice and lose by spring.

they are predicting our biggest snow of the season so far...4-6 inches...
Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #103

Ruth - I had to resort to taking just one tylenol PM to help - your scale may be up because of lack of sleep - try to rest.

Debbie - 7 inches for us today - grrrrrrrrr - I think I see my exercise as clearing all the cars in the parking lot again.

I am missing the fire to exercise - wonder if it's because of winter and hibernating.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #104

'Fession time. Went off plan yesterday and just ate and ate!!!! I don't know why! It is TOM, but still. And I had been hungry all afternoon before that. But still.

Good news. I stopped myself. I think I ate about 800 calories (could have been much, much worse!) and adjusted the evening calories down to accommodate. I don't think the damage will be bad, except for my ego!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #105

Height: 5'2"

What is it with this not sleeping? I've had two rough nights too. Grrrr. I see a nap in my future.

Had a up and down day yesterday. Today is a new day and I've planned it. That should help.

Not much else to say this morning.
Have a great day.
(Working on getting back to 244 after a re-gain.)

No where to go but DOWN.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.