3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #282

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #76

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies,

Last night at Costco was fun. If anyone wants to know, there is simply nowhere as cheap as Costco for eyeglasses. I picked out a new pair and am super excited.

I haven't been there in a couple of years, because shopping for one at Costco is like a set up for numerous failures. All those delicious looking foods in massive quantities trigger me in every way. But I managed to go with my friend, have a great time, and end the day positively. I resisted filling my cart with things I would regret. I have protein for at least a year, it seems! If anyone needs salmon, pork, chicken meatballs, to name a few, I can help!

I portioned out and froze most of the food already without digging in and bingeing.

I'm thinking salmon salad for dinner with the Costco salmon. Yum yum yum.

I can make it to bedtime on plan! Yes I can! And yes YOU CAN!

Iwill: it is funny/sad how many people start out the new year with good intentions and fall away quickly. I am not even thinking about the new year and resolutions or anything like that. For me, every day is just another day of my life and another opportunity to keep my commitment to improved health. Sounds like you have a great reason to stay the course.

Carol: How exciting! Another trip to Alaska. Won't it feel great to go feeling healthy and strong, and being able to enjoy every minute.

Dg: Focusing on upcoming events and wanting to look and feel my best helps me, too.

Heather: Give us a nice big grin and show us those pearly whites! Hope your dentist appointment went well and that you did well during the meals out.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #77

Good morning ladies, I am sitting here having a nice hot cup of no sugar added hot chocolate. Yes, I know it is not the best choice, but I had a yen for something hot and chocolate is always a favorite.

battle Ax, Improved health is reason enough to lose weight. Good for you ! (is there some other name or nick name we can use instead of battle ax? LOL! )

Deb, yes, the best reason in the world to try to control my eating. I want to be a good example, but I am afraid it is years too late for that. All I can do now is try to show her that I can do it and so can she.

Carol, BRRR! Alaska! Isn't it even colder there? Maybe you should take your long johns!

Heather, not a pleasant thing, going to the dentist, but doesn't your teeth feel great after? That is if they clean them.

To everyone else, I hope you are having a super OP day. Ruth
Old 01-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #78

Height: 5'7"

I have decided the give a lb of food to our church food pantry for every lb of weight I lose this year. I need to go and sign up for the pound for pound challenge again. Its so nice knowing our weight loss is helping someone. I am donating weekly. IM hoping by sunday to be able to take 5lbs of food. Im still sitting at the 3lb loss from last week but with TOM here thats great because he normally brings a 4lbs gain with him...not this month!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #79

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Battle - sounds like Costco was a good outing. We struggle buying much from Sams also since it's just the two of us - I do normally buy laundry products and chicken breasts there though.

Ruth - last year when I drove to Alaska it was HOT in May - I'm sure it will be different this time - I'll take the long johns but my pants have to be big enough to put them on underneath - would have wore them this week here had that been the case.

Heather - is DH home yet? Big weekend plans? Hope the dentist wasn't too bad on you.

Deb - good for you with the donations - not sure if you participated on the thread some time back. I need to get back in to it too.

My latest concoction is in the crockpot - I think it will be a chicken chilli - if it works I'll post it for anyone who might be interested.

Gonna hit the pool this morning and then DH wants to go to the gym - I know it would be better if I didn't get it all in one day but it's a start.

EDIT: Ruth - not sure I could call her anything besides Battle - and she's winning it!

Last edited by gggirls : 01-14-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #80

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have a a cavity!!!!! First time in over 20 years!!!!! Other than that, the dentist was fine. You know what I hate? The sound of them scraping my teeth!

Hubby is home (a day early even) but no huge weekend plans. More work on prepping for renovations... dinner out on Saturday, but that's it.

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 01-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #81

Height: 5'2"

Whew, restarting is not easy this time.

I've had a couple slips but I made them early enough in the day that I could at least do damage control.
I have to get rid of even the "fake" butter. Can't control portion size with it at all.

Joined WW online but may drop it. I find the website is either user unfriendly or it doesn't work well with my browser. Hoping for better weather next week so I can find a convenient meeting.

Can't chat have to scoot out for a few.
(Working on getting back to 244 after a 51 lb re-gain.)

No where to go but DOWN.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #82

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hungry day today - every bite recorded - 90 minutes exercise - may have to go to bed to deal with the head hunger.

The chicken chilli was awesome and easy - doesn't get any better than that!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #83

Smile

The scale is holding steady! I should have waited until Mon.s weigh in but I got curious. LOL!

How is everybody doing?

I don't have much to talk about this morning, too early. Hope you are all doing well. Ruth
Old 01-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #84

I made it through the week in good shape. Not sure about this weekend yet. We've got dinner out tonight with friends, but it's a fish place, and I plan to order grilled fish with veggies. I think I won't have alcohol either.

Exercise could be tricky, but I might just run down to the treadmill in a little bit and at least get 1/2 hour in. That would be something.

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 01-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #85

My scales are the same also as last weekend. I am not letting it bother me. I have done everything right.

Plan for today...grocery shopping and then doing some coupon deals at the drugstores. Kinda wanting to go and see my grandbabies or go see my parents. Got to get out and about before the next round of snow comes in.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 AM   #86

Smile

Good Sunday morning ladies, If you go to worship, I hope the weather lets you get there.

I had a small opps last night. MY husband wanted pizza (yeah, I know ) I planned for it and ate little the early part of the day. One piece and a salad was my plan........You know what they say about plans? I really don't want to talk about it. LOL! Moving on.....

How was your day? I stepped on the scale this morning to see what damage I might have done, nada so far.

Well, that is my confession for Sunday. I hope it is the last one for this week. Plan better, do better. See you later. Ruth
Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #87

We are suppost to be warming up and getting rain for the next few days,,,woo hoo rain!! I will take it over the ice they had predicted.
Got the house stocked with good healthy food. Getting ready to put a pot of soup on and may try and talk hubby into firing up the grill today before the rain comes in. I would love to have some grilled chicken breast on hand for wraps this week for lunch.

Im heading out to church and then home to try and get some housework done so I can spend the evening finishing a book im reading. Just cant read during the work week.

I may try and go for a walk outside today while i can..temps near 40 today. I miss being outside sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #88

Height: 5'2"

SNOW, Snow, snow! Unless this narrow, lake effect snow band moves we'll be indoors all day today. Right now were getting about an inch an hour. 10 miles away the sun is shining. Bet today's the day they break 100" for the season at the airport. We've had about a foot more here.

Yesterday was good. Think today will be too.

Deb, Enjoy your service. Hope you get to your book.

Ruth: Dang pizza. I swear there are calories in just the smell of the stuff!

Heather, Carol, Battle Ax: Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
(Working on getting back to 244 after a 51 lb re-gain.)

No where to go but DOWN.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #89

Stocked up good, healthy food for the week and don't see a lot of stumbling blocks, unless I become my own worst enemy!

Old 01-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #90

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies,

I had one good day and one bad day this weekend. I am dealing with some major issues at work and am headed out of town for meetings regarding these issues on Monday. I WILL eat healthy and will not succumb to stress eating.

Will be back later this week.

Have a great week everyone.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.