300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #282

You're on Page 5 of 12
Go to

• congrats dgramie for your win in the points challenge!! way to stay focused and determined!!

all my other beautiful ladies....have a wonderful evening!! watch TBL!!! and get your exercise on!!! hugsss, susan
  • Hi ladies,

Yesterday didn't go that well. I got to the end of my calorie limit (which is quite high so I'm not starving myself by any means) and was still hungry. My policy is to eat if I am still hungry even if it's over my limit. The problem was that I was not able to manage my hunger well over the day, which put my system off kilter. I probably ate twice as much as necessary to fix the hunger. It wasn't a huge disaster, but this is where one of my biggest challenges lie. If I get too hungry at any point during the day, I am struggling to stay in control the rest of the day.

Today was better. Fortunately, I was in a conference room in a meeting for most of the day, which made it difficult to stuff my face when the cravings hit. I only need to navigate my way through dinner and stop eating when it's done. I can do it.

Exercise is a challenge, as I am working a lot of hours and my schedule keeps changing. But, I will focus on all I am doing to take care of myself.

J-Ann, enjoy those strawberries. You have set yourself up for success.

Iwill, keep going! Good job.

Heather, you have reason to be proud. You got through a challenging day.

Carol, no I have not seen Spring, but our weather right now is probably close to what your Spring looks like.

dgramie, keep it going!

Rainbow, you're on a roll baby!
  • Quote: Hi ladies,

Yesterday didn't go that well. I got to the end of my calorie limit (which is quite high so I'm not starving myself by any means) and was still hungry. My policy is to eat if I am still hungry even if it's over my limit. The problem was that I was not able to manage my hunger well over the day, which put my system off kilter. I probably ate twice as much as necessary to fix the hunger. It wasn't a huge disaster, but this is where one of my biggest challenges lie. If I get too hungry at any point during the day, I am struggling to stay in control the rest of the day.
    Rainbow, you're on a roll baby!
    its a crazy concept...but you know what i do when i feel those hunger pains??? i imagine MS PAC MAN inside of me just going all around gobbling up all that fat i dont need OR want!! gobble gobble...can't u just hear the music...and see that mouth open and shut....open and shut...gobble gobble!! TAKE THAT HUNGER PAINS!!!!
  • Our ice and snow are gone, but it is still cold!

The scale is down another 1/2 lb. I will take it!

Just checking in, I will check you all out later. Ruth
  • Ruth - stay warm! We're cold too - I think this snow will be with us for awhile. Are you feeling your groove? You're doing well.

Battle - boy do I hear that feeding frenzy - there were times over the holidays I really had no idea why I continued to graze. I often wonder why this seemed easy in the past and is so hard now. Take baby steps and get the food down before you worry about exercise - it really doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Susan - thanks for popping in!

Heather - how's the week with DH gone? For me those are the easiest times except on the exercise front.

Deb - mini-tramp? Class is cancelled again tonight - need to figure out if I can get to the gym or do something at home.

My tracking yesterday was successful - nothing went in that I had been missing. Scale still the same - maybe it's adjusting from the water weight loss.
  • Carol -- Normally I do worse when he's gone. I tend to just eat too much! I don't really know why... but I'm doing okay. Trying to keep busy. Yesterday I did eat a bit too much but had exercised a lot at least!

Nice to see some new and old faces!!!
  • So far so good on day 1. It helps that our roads are like grease so no driving anywhere. We only got 6" of snow but it's cold and add road salt to nonstop snow and you get skating rink conditions. I was going to start WW but it really was awful on the roads. I'll find another meeting.

Strawberries are fantastic!

Hope anyone affected by the snow storms is home and safe.
  • Hi ladies! Yesterday was POP and I'm on track for another POP day. I am meeting a friend at Costco after work and we are eating dinner there as we are in a rush to get what we need done before they close. I wanted to save enough calories to have a slice of pizza. Oh My Gosh, I checked the calorie content and it's 775 calories. Fortunately I was able to plan for the slice, but WOW.

I am proud of myself because for the past 6 days I have had to handle meals out and catered breakfasts and lunches, with not the ideal choices available in those situations, and all but one day I successfully stayed on plan.

Thanks gggirls and Rainbow for your encouragement!
  • rainbow- thanks for the congrats on the points challenge...It wasnt really a good number by no means!!!!! I love that challenge it helps me to see what im doing daily.

carol- I got 10 min on the minitramp last night and another 10 today plus going to do my dvd tonight.

battle- way to go on getting focused!!

heather- way to go on not grazing with hubby gone...i would take it as a reason to not cook....LOL

ruth- way to go on being down a half pound!! they add up!!

judy-Im sick of winter already..tired of snow!! I heard we could get freezing rain over the weekend...sure makes snow sound nicer!!! LOL

foods on track...water is increasing daily..working my way back up to my full gallon.
    computer was froze up this morning...wonder if it was the cold weather...LOL
  • Debbie -- Well, I'm not really cooking. I made some black beans Monday and have had black bean and mushroom quesadillas every night this week!

Yay for all the on plan chickies!!
  • Good morning, I am still shivering in my long johns. LOL! Nah, I don't wear long johns, but they would probably feel good these days. We got more snow during the night. Not enough to stick around except on the roof tops. etc.

I am hanging in there, and I hope all of you are too. Everybody starts off well the first of the year, and then we seem to lose steam. I don't know about you, but I hope I can avoid that this time around. I so desperately need to lose some of this poundage.

I challenged my daughter and SIL to try to lose weight too. My youngest daughter has a weight problem now that she is post menopausal. Seems she has my genes. She lost four lbs her first week. Now you know they say lead by example, and I feel that I must do that for her. I don't want her to have the problems that I have. The legs and feet are the first things to suffer, and she is already starting to complain about her feet. Pray for me folks, cause I am weak when it comes to food. ARGGH!

Have a warm safe Op day. Ruth
  • Ruth - whatever it takes! Stay warm - we're below zero again today - GRRRR - you would think I would be plenty insulated but seems I just can't get warm.

I need to find my exercise groove - once I get home I don't want to get back out into the cold to head to the gym - not sure why I don't use one of the many options I have here at home.

Crazy as it sounds this week we have planned a trip to Alaska. I need to get back to the fitness level I was last year when I drove there with my nephew. This is a bucket list item for one of DH's lifetime friends who is in a battle for his life. I know the 6 of us will not have the drive, desire or opportunity to do the things we did on our road trip but I don't want to feel limited in any way because of this weight.
  • heather- I would love a to eat quesadillas every night for a week. Hubby doesnt like them but I cant seem to get my fill.

Ruth- way to go on getting the family motivated to lose weight also. I know that I am having alot more trouble getting the weight off as I get closer to menapause. Tom just comes and stays for much longer these days. Wish he would pack his bags and never return!!

Well my baby turned 21 yesterday and got an engagement ring from her boyfriend. The ring is beautiful. She said they are not setting a date until after she graduates from college in may. SHe said something about next summer. Guess I need to really work hard and complete my weight loss goal. I was 307 jan 1 08.My dress was a size 26. I was miserable at my sons wedding with swollen feet and ankles. I decided I didnt want to be miserable when my daughters got married. By feb 09 I was 217( dress size 18) when my daughter married. I felt pretty and enjoyed the wedding alot more and was less self concious. SO now 2012 is coming and I want to be down to a size 14 or 12 and at goal 180 or less.
  • Ruth -- I hope you have good luck getting your family involved. It's always easier for me when hubby is really on board.

Carol -- Wow! A second trip to Alaska! Great motivator!

Debbie -- Congrats to your daughter! You're doing so well with the weight loss when you look at the big picture -- sometimes it's hard to see the big picture when we struggle day to day.

I have breakfast and dinner out today. Breakfast I can do very healthy -- egg whites and toast I think. Or steel cut oats. But I don't even know what's on the menu for dinner... will have to be careful.

Also going to the dentist today. I don't like going to the dentist!!
  • heather- Thanks so much...many of us are struggling but your right we have accomplished alot!! IM so thankful Im not where I was back then...I can truly say this is the only time I have not gained the weight back plus some within a year or so!!!!! I think its due to my friends here and the wonderful support!!!