3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #282

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #46

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Carol: Great job! 0 chips! I don't know if I've ever not eaten the chips.

j-ann, welcome back. I'm returning after an absence also.

------
I haven't been POP the last couple of days, but have done reasonably well. Yesterday I even managed a bit of exercise. I'm planning on a good day today. I just came back from a fantastic walk. It feels great and I haven't felt this way in a long time. Why oh why did I let myself slide back into old habits that make me feel like crap? I want to feel healthy and strong always!

Last edited by BattleAx : 01-09-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #47

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- WTG! I knew you could! And think of how good you feel!!

I've had such a busy weekend. We ordered the cabinets and counters for our new kitchen and I'm going to start removing wallpaper for the new bath! Oh, and the new fridge comes tomorrow (we bought a scratch and dent one and it made sense to take delivery now. My head is spinning a bit!

Food and exercise have both been okay. Not fantastic, but not bad!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #48

Height: 5'7"

Carol- way to go on 0 chips!!!

heather- a new kitchen WOW!! enjoy!!

battle- so glad your back with us . Glad you enjoyed your walk.
Judy- whats different about WW new plan?

As for me...we went and help daughter unpack more boxes . We are finally able to say she is totally unpacked, Now time to start on the nursery. We did go thru some baby things...Im getting excited!!

Food was good...made the best choices with foods given.
drinking light cranberry juice trying to speed up the healing process of my UTI.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #49

update...I lost 3lbs last week. Not what I was hoping for but i cant complain either!!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #50

It is weigh in morning! I have been on the scale every day and I know I shouldn't, but that first week is always the easiest for weight loss. I need to put the scale away now and only look once a week.

Hi J-ann and battle ax, Looks like old home week.

Hope you are all doing well.

jilly,

Ta, Ruth
Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #51

Well here we are with a new week. It feels so good being in control again!!!
I knew I lifted some heavy boxes yesterday that I shouldnt have....my body can sure tell it today!!!
Food is planned for the day and mostly for the week.It should be a good week!!! They are saying we are going to get snow today and tonight and Im not even tempted with baking brownies or anything. I may make a cake though on wed. MY baby turns 21!!!!! I may just send her daddy to get an icecream cake for her today before the snow comes. THose cakes dont tempt me one bit!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #52

S/C/G: 330/297/165

Height: 5'7

I am feeling so good this morning! I had a great weekend and stayed on track with food and exercise even with being cooped up in the house because of the snow.
I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #53

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Snow headed your way Deb - almost everything is closed today - no exercise class today - but I'm headed to work.

I have to say one week in feels so different mentally than I did last Monday. I'm down this week and feeling so much better - exercise is also back which makes everything so much clearer.

So good to see everyone - Ruth - I have to weigh every day to stay focused - when I talk myself out of the morning routine it's dangerous to me.

Have a great Monday!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #54

What a positive thread this morning! And Hi Battleax! Missed you before somehow!

Had a good food and good movement week, though I didn't get as much "exercise" as I'd like. Heading to weigh in a minute.

Food is planned pretty well this week, but hubby is out of town and that often influences my eating negatively. That's my challenge.

And I need to get on the exercise!!!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 01-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #55

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi Ladies,

I managed to pull off a POP day yesterday, and that makes me feel so happy today.

My goal this work week will be to get out of bed early and exercise at least two times by Friday.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #56

I had another pop day yesterday. I am thrilled with how much my energy has increased in just a week. How fast we can forget the GREAT feeling of being in control.
I didnt end up getting my exercise time in due to having company after dinner. By the time they left we went to bed.
We are getting a beautiful covering of snow this morning. School has been cancelled, so I will just have one kid to keep. Wishing for my daughter they would just cancel college as well...its a rare event.
Food is planned for tonight and lunch may end up being some leftover veggies and a porkchop.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #57

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Anyone seen spring?

Feeling great - yesterday I bundled up and cleaned every car in our parking lot of 9 inches of snow/ice - makes up for the fact my class was cancelled last night.

I've been trying to be less obsessive with this journey - not logging each bite but being very aware - just tracking if I'm POP or not - been working well. Scale has inched the wrong direction the last few days so think I'll double check and see if I'm fooling myself.

Stay warm, dry and safe out there today!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #58

I haven't seen spring, but I did buy some veggie seeds last week!!!! Now it's gotta come soon!!!

Had a good food day yesterday and lots and lots (and lots) of movement, some of which even got my heartrate up. I'm pleased to have had a good food day with hubby out of town. Normally that's a recipe for disaster...

Let's keep this "glow" we're all feeling!!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #59

Smile

Rain, sleet ,snow and a mixture Just a little bit of all kinds of weather here in Middle Ga. No sign of spring Carol. LOL! Our yard is still white and I am not sure if it is snow or ice. I am not going out there! It is warm and cozy inside. We didn't lose electricity thank goodness. Some did in other parts of Georgia. I have to say that the majority of people in this part of the country don't know how to handle this kind of weather. LOL! I have lived in many places, so no problem. (I am staying home!)

So far, so good with being OP. Just taking one meal at a time. Stay warm, Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe : 01-11-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #60

Height: 5'2"

Morning Ladies,

"Good" grocery shopping is done. Unhealthy stuff is either eaten or gone from the house. Time to restart this journey. Fresh Strawberries were on sale! My favorite fruit. I didn't have to get frozen ones that I grab still frozen as a snack. I really believe it's when I'm w/o those little guys that I start eating junk.

No Spring here. the 70"+ of snow we got in Dec. is gone but it's been replaced by about 6"-1' depending on where you measure. We get a little almost every day and it keeps everything clean and sparkling. I feel sorry for the folks down South who just are not equipped to handle the crap (ice, sleet, etc.) cold weather can throw at you.

It's great to be back and see everyone taking control.
(Working on getting back to 244 after a re-gain.)

No where to go but DOWN.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.