3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #282

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #166

Height: 5'7"

Scales are down a lb this week. I was so hoping for more. I will take it and be happy with it! They will add up!

Lots of challenges today...baby shower for my oldest daughter and then dinner with my BFF. Its going to be a great day!
Going to just enjoy the day and hit it hard again tomorrow!
I got to feel my grandson moving last night. Even though I had 3 pregnancys I am still in AWE!! He is a very active little boy...cant wait to see what he looks like. Only 5 weeks to go.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #167
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

YAY Ruth!

I lost my streak yesterday--didn't journal and didn't exercise. But eating was probably more reasonable than it was earlier in the week.

Fridays are just tough, due to commuting relationship. Next week I will plan better for Friday.

Meanwhile, I think I'm on track to go ahead and make my goals a little more ambitious next week: keep the exercise going, keep the journalling going, count calories to 1950, and strive for one whole foods meal a day.

Hope everyone's having a great OP weekend!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 AM   #168

Good morning, I forgot to post yesterday, looks as if I was not the only one.

I am not waning, but I didn't do as well over the weekend as I think I should have. I had a little too many carbs yesterday. I am not sure how that will show up on the scale. Problem solved, I just won't get on the scale for a few days. LOL!

Deb, for the 1 lb. Ever lb counts.

Angela, How is the calorie lowering going? I can't eat that many calories and lose weight, you are lucky!

Carol, you sound absolutely positive, love that!

Heather, having remodel work done is such a pain, but so worth it when the job is complete. I am ready to do all of mine over...in a way.

Hi j-ann and BA, hope things are going well for you. Stress is a diet killer. I hope you can find a way to relax.

Well ladies, not much going on around here. We had a gorgeous day yesterday. It was rather warm by afternoon. Made me want to go and plant something. LOL! Ta for now. Ruth
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 AM   #169

We had a great weekend full of lots of food and presents! I overate on saturday but did pretty good yesterday. Today will be POP!! We took 2 days off from exercise.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:09 AM   #170

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Last day of January - what a long month it has been! I'm with Ruth - a few too many carbs yesterday but not as smart as she is to stay off the scale - carbs are the devil for me - scale popped up - surprise surprise. This is also where my body is very comfortable - gonna teach it to be comfortable at a lower weight.

Be safe out there - we are getting ice now, then 10-12 inches of snow, saying we will have 50 mph winds and -10 actual temps by Wednesday and Thursday - oh the joys of the midwest!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #171

carol- please dont send the ice and snow my way...please please please!! They are watching the track of the storm and are uncertian what we will get...plain old rain sounds fine to me!!

My scales are not where I wanted them to be this month. I lost 5lbs for the whole month...but its still a loss! I exercised alot for me and am looking forward to increasing it next month.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 AM   #172

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

We're in the way of the big storm too. Not looking forward to it.

I'm struggling a bit. We're doing a lot of work on the house and I didn't have time to also cook this weekend, so it's a bit of catch as catch can eating out. And the kitchen demo hasn't even started!!

But I have to start anew today!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 01-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #173

Height: 5'2"

Mornin'. Things are pretty good here. Not a great weekend but not awful either. Planning on doing better this week. If this weather ever clears I will get back to WW.

Bitter cold this morning but the sun is shining. Storm is due here Tues. night into Wed. Sounds like a foot to 18". Afyer the Winter we've had that's manageable.

Hope everyone starts their week on an up note.
(Working on getting back to 244 after a 51 lb re-gain.)

No where to go but DOWN.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #174

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

This weekend wasn't great. Friday night I went to a party and after 2 glasses of wine on a stomach not quite as full as it usually is, I was flying high. That removed all control and I was off and running to the buffet table. I ate poorly all weekend. I had a lot of fun this weekend with social plans and get-togethers, but I would have liked better behavior on my part when it came to food and exercise.

Today I woke up early AND EXERCISED as I have been promising myself for weeks, and am off to a great start for the week.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #175
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hope everyone's weather is manageable. We had ice, then rain, then ice, then rain (so far)... expecting it to go pretty icy by morning....

Ruth, I don't know whether I'll lose at this level or not, but after two weeks of tracking I know that if I stick to 1950 I'll be between 500 and 1000 points lower than I have been averaging, so in theory I *should* lose a pound or two. I know I'll have to go lower; I'm really just getting restarted. In the past, when I've tried to say, starting tomorrow I'll eat 1700 and do everything else I know I should do... well, let's just say it doesn't last very long. So I'm easing in. Hope your delayed weigh in goes well In fact, I've maxed out my calories already and am so wanting to eat something or other. But I'm here instead.... maybe I'll make myself some red zinger or something else noncaloric...

DG: Congrats on the 5 pounds. Hope you had an OP day as planned.

BattleAx: Good job on the exercise!

Heather: Hang in there... disrupted schedules do make for more challenges, don't they?

Need some of that will power dust... just trying to get through day 1.

Tomorrow I'll start with oatmeal, which will be a better start than I had today. Oh, I did exercise today, so I've got that going for me.

Stay safe and OP, all.

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV : 01-31-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 PM   #176

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Vortex, I can lose at 2000 calories for quite a while. You may not need to go lower, at least at this point in the weight loss.

Personally I like to keep my calories at the highest level possible while still losing weight. I only notch them down when I stop losing altogether. I find this system most sustainable for the long run (for me).

Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #177

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Stop - Go To The New Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.