3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ MONTHLY thread #1282 -- Happy new year!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Thank you, celestialwolf, and thank you for the comment on my blog.

Second 100 lb goal:

My weight loss blog:
http://appetitefordestruction1.blogspot.com/

"We forge the chains we wear" -Jacob Marley, "A Christmas Carol"
Old 01-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #17

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone! It's nice to see a number of familiar faces.

It's been a long time. I'm back on my original screen name and back to my original weight or very close to it. I know I had a more positive-sounding screen name but I don't remember it. Funny, because the reason I went with the other screen name was because after a long absence I couldn't remember the BattleAx name! Whew, the memory ain't what it used to be.

So here I am, and while it's the New Year, the timing is just a coincidence. I have been working up to coming back for a while. I am just recovering from a nasty flu/cold and while sick I finally got up enough commitment to put my health first again.

I think the last time I was here I was about to start a temporary gig after a period of unemployment. Since then I've found a different, "permanent" job, which is a bit of a promotion for me and it is extremely demanding. It's the old vicious cycle. Lots of stress, little time, and eating poorly/not exercising, yet the only way to keep up is to have good health and stamina; so I feel even worse and lack energy for exercise and meal planning.

Enough of that.

Today is my last day off from work although I have to stay up and do work I could not do last week because of illness. However, finally feeling mostly recovered, I sprung out of bed at 4:45 ready to exercise. Had to wait until sunrise or at least a decent hour so as not to wake the neighbors with my exercise. But by 8:30 am I had exercised, done 2 loads of laundry, and gone grocery shopping. Not a bad start.

I bought some snacks and ingredients to make healthy meals to freeze so that this week would be off on the right foot. I've frozen a bunch of meals and have my food bag prepped for tomorrow. I've got all I need to stay on course for the rest of the week.

If I have any resolutions for the year it's to live life more fully again. I've slipped back into some behaviors from a long, long, time ago when I would hide out at home more than was good for me. It's the ugly pattern of feeling big and ugly and not at my best and wanting to hide. So I am back in it. My eating plan fits in with fully engaging with life again.

I probably won't be able to post much but I will be reading.

Happy New Year everyone!

Old 01-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #18

S/C/G: 350/224/150

Height: 5'6"

Hiya Violet!

I'm glad you found a place that could help you with WLS. I had the duodenal switch on Feb 2nd, 2010. I've lost 60 lbs since then and am currently in a stall (frustrating).

Battle! Good to see ya!!

Greetings to all the new people who are here ready to be healthier in 2011.

Hugs to all my lurkers,
Ratkity
Old 01-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #19

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Violet - welcome!

Battle - those old behaviors that I thought I hard disposed of found their way back for me too! We can do this!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #20

Its so great to see old friends back posting. THIS IS OUR YEAR AND WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I had a great day yesterday. My body didnt know what to think of the new bl powerwalk dvd. Its alot more physical than the walk diet I have been doing.
hugs to all
Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #21

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Blimey!!!! Violet & Battle back again! WOOHOO! It is great to 'see' both of you again. xxxxxxxxxxx
Violet are you friends with Kayley on FB? I think I've seen you commenting & thought you looked familliar. Has the op made a huge difference to your eating habits? I've thought of it but in the UK you need to be ill and overweight to get an op and I'm just fat . xxxxx
I had new scales & got on to a nasty shock yesterday! Ok TOM and water weight from the carb-fest that was Christmas but crikey! It shocked me back to South-Beaching again, I feel better already...WHY?????? Why do I pig out, feel ill yet carry on?
Anyway a fresh start for us all!
xxxxxxx sharon

Start of Lap-Band Diet (pre/post op)
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #22

Hi everyone,

Today is off to a good start. I have my food with me at work and feel that I can stay the course for the day.

One of my commitments is to wake up earlier to exercise before work. I woke up early today, wasted some time and went in to work a bit early. However, this is fine as my goal today was simply to start the practice of getting out of bed early. Tomorrow I will take it one step further and actually use the time to exercise!

Tomorrow is an all-day meeting which is always a little scary as there is no telling what kind of food will be provided and what temptations will be in my path. I am committing now to stay within my calorie limit no matter what they serve. I shouldn't freak because there are almost always reasonably healthy options to choose from at our meetings. I'd just more comfortable to be able to plan in advance what to eat instead of reacting to what's available.

Have a great day everyone.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #23
Amy

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes back! I was afraid no one would remember me since I had been gone for so long!

BattleAx it sounds like you are on the right track with your healthy lifestyle! You accomplished more yesterday before I even woke up, lol! I think packing your food like that and being prepared is SO important. That is a major reason that I would fall of track before, I wouldnt plan and I'd find myself at work or out running errands and I'd get hungry, so I'd eat whatever I could find--not very many healthy options on the run!

Sharon--Yep, I'm Kayley's friend on FB. Yes the surgery has made a huge difference in how I eat, what I eat, and how much. Right now I am only a few weeks out from my surgery, so I am only allowed to have liquids and soft protein. I eat a lot of cottage cheese, string cheese, refried beans, and yogurt. I have been trying to eat more fish and chicken, but they are really hard to get down. If I dont chew them VERY thoroughly, they will come back up. I have been working very hard at eating more meat though, because it really is higher in protein. I have to get 60 grams of protein a day, drink 64 oz of water, and take vitamins twice a day. That will be my life for pretty much the rest of my life. Not so bad, though, as those are probably things I should be doing anyway.

For everyone who fell off the wagon, dont despair. The only thing we can do is start over today. And just because we dont do everything perfectly, doesnt mean it isnt worth doing. I never heard a Dr tell someone just because they didnt exercise today means they should just eat whatever they want because their day is blown. I also never heard a Dr say that a healthy dinner didnt do any good because they ate badly at lunch. Every decision counts! We can start with small decisions and work up to bigger ones! As we go along the small decisions will seem easier and easier! We just have to try EVERY DAY!

Today I had my standard breakfast of 1/3 cup light cottage cheese, a piece of string cheese, 1/2 a yogurt, and my vitamins. I have to crush my medication so I mix it with the yogurt. I cant wait until such time that I can reduce the medication I take--its really a pain in the butt. I'm feeling kind of dizzy and tired today, not sure what's up with that. Maybe just an inner ear thing or sinuses or something.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Second 100 lb goal:

My weight loss blog:

Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #24

S/C/G: 330/287/200

Hi lovelies! Hope you all had an amazing holiday, and a great start to 2011. I'm going to try to be more present on the boards here this year... especially while the insanity of teacher's college and practicum and whatnot. But I love the people here, you're all amazing and in my thoughts when I'm succeeding and when I fall down. This year is going to be our year!

Time to start over! First goal - back to 274, then on from there!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #25

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Here I come, hopefully for an extended say. I think I popped on a few months ago, but I just didn't have the time. I need to make the time. I have gained.....a lot of weight. I have done well this year (so far), but today was my first day back at work.....and I had a mini-binge. The job entails about 70 hours a week. Very stressful. It's funny, because my boss's boss told me I had the most successful year last year (even though most of the people have PhDs and I don't). I cannot handle failing at work, and yet somehow I let me health fail. I am not that smart. This quarter will be hard, my guess is 70 to 80 hours per week at a mininum, traveling about one week a month, and trying to get myself more active. I am shooting for 30 minutes a day (yes, I will post them at the end of the month Heather). So far I have averaged a little over 60 minutes per day.

So what has happened in my life since I last visited? I don't remember when that was. My dad had more heart issues this year and ended up having heart ablation in November. A few weeks later, my 45 yr old brother had a heart attack that damaged 15% of his heart. Those things, plus being very overworked, traveling for work 15 weeks last year and having not been back to the midwest for a while caused me to snap....at my sister in law. I said all the things that everyone else wanted to say to her, and people were happy for a while. Now no one really wants me to talk to her or my brother (who had the heart attack), because I am mean. We didn't travel home for the holidays for that reason.

I am going to try to check in on a more regular occasion. I got an iPad for Christmas, so hopefully that will give me more time at a computer for fun.

(By the way, I see a few other folks came back. Welcome back to all. I hope you don't feeel as pathetic as I do.)

Angie
Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #26
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone!

I have seen a lot of people coming back and that has helped me have the courage to post, rather than keep lurking. I can't even remember the last time I was here and actively posting. I know I came back for a bit after breaking my leg a couple years ago, but aside from that, I'm not sure.

Last year, my job had a lot of scandal going on and two of the four of us were fired. I became the Executive Director, and it has been a whirlwind since then. That's a whole other story - just suffice it to say that I have been incredibly stressed and it has not helped me on my journey to a healthier life.

I noticed my weight creeping up again last year. I made it to 440lbs before I figured I'd better do something. So I started exercising and eating better, and I started losing slowly. I got down to 398lbs briefly. Then, I stopped being careful and stopped taking care of myself.

I am now at 438lbs, down from 443. I obviously have a long way to go, but I really don't have a choice. I feel old. I am constantly tired. I constantly hurt. I am having skin issues that I never had before. Normal, every-day tasks take me a long time and end up exhausting me. That's not the life I want to live.

Ever the glutton for punishment, I am currently working 50ish hours a week and in school full time. I also take call for our crisis line once a month to give my employees and volunteers a break. I have not done very well with organization or time management, so those two things are my biggest focus. With those, I think I can start taking the baby steps I need to take to get back on track.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I am glad to see so many familiar faces.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #27

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

howdy yall!!

Welcome back brandnew me and KAyley!!!

New year!! 2011 has got to be a good one!

Sharon: No We have not got to see Ayva yet. She will be 1 in Feb. The courts are soooo slow!! My sons ex is also NOT letting him see her now. Just a big mess. BUT I know sooon we will get to see her.

I have been busy working..and crafting. Life has been busy around here. Nothing really new to report. I have not lost anymore weight. I have not been trying either. It has been so cold here. Well cold for us Arizonians! LOL...well maybe its just me lol. I dont like the cold or the heat! AND the heat will be coming soon

Everyone have a good day!!

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #28
Amy

Brandnewme--I can totally feel your pain. I was up to 463 at my highest. It is very difficult to be that big, and I dont think most people who arent that big can fully understand. Someone who is 225 lbs knows what its like to be overweight, but they have no idea the struggles someone twice their size faces on a day-to-day basis. I can certainly understand the skin issues, body aches, and struggle to do just about any ordinary task. I'm glad you came back to 3FC and you are re-committing yourself to time-management and organization to get the weight off.

Realist--Its easier to fail ourselves than to fail at work because we are the only one we are affecting. If you fail at work you affect other people and you have someone there telling you about it. Also its hard to see when we are failing ourselves. The effects arent immediately noticeable. But you are worth success! I commend you for coming back to 3FC, its a great step in the right direction.

Ratkitten--Glad to meet another WLS-er! Have you been over to the WLS forum on 3FC? I go there daily--it helps me to be with people that are going thru the same things I am. I guess that's why I come to the 300+ thread too.

BattleAx--Good for you for being prepared thruout your meeting! I cant wait to hear how it went. That's great that they give you some reasonably healthy options instead of the regular donuts and crap.

I had a pretty good day today, although I really didnt feel like eating much. I am currently deciding whether or not I should go to school this semester. The semester starts 1/19 so I need to decide soon. I only have 2 classes left for my Associates in Teaching, and I have pell grant money waiting there. The only thing stopping me is that I just has gastric bypass surgery 12/14 and I am going back to work this month after about a 18 month period of unemployment. It seems hasty to make all those changes so quickly, but this is literally the last pell grant I'll qualify for (at the start of the next financial aid year I'll be married and they'll take his income into account, and I wont qualify) and its only 2 classes. I cant be a teacher with just an Associates, but I can be a substitute teacher and a teacher's aide. In the fall I plan to go back full time (while working full time) so that it will only take me 2 years to finish my Bachelor's. I have been trying to finish this dang degree since 2003 and I am feeling like a failure more and more each year for not kicking it in the and getting it done. Anyway, that's the deal with me today.

I havent worked out yet today, but I did an hour yesterday, wooo! I'll probably do 1/2 hr after my boyfriend gets home. We like to work out together.

Second 100 lb goal:

My weight loss blog:

Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #29

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Lots of positives here - great to see everyone!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #30

Hi everyone!

Great to see you back with me, Realist, brandnewme, and kayley!

Big hugs to all the old posters that I know from before, and hugs to the members. I look forward to getting to know you.

The last two days have been spent locked in conference rooms with breakfast and lunch served. I'm happy to say that I made it through all 4 meals having made decent choices and staying within my calorie limit for the day. I haven't exercised but I'll get there.

Violet, I say go for the classes. It may be rough but it will only take a relatively small sacrifice in the scheme of things. The classes will be over in a few months, and then you'll have your degree to be proud of. I was 39 when I returned to school and went f/t while working f/t. It was h3ll but it was well worth the effort.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.