Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #106  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

best laid plans...I was so busy at work that I didn't get a meal break. I snuck in a PB&J sandwich, cookie and apple throughout the night though. I ended up stopping at T. Bell so I could have something hot..I was hungry but probably should have found something at home. Too lazy after standing and running around at work all night. Oh well. Went 5 PP over.
Somehow I managed to lose 5.4 pounds this week, even with my period. Personally I think the scale was broke. I have a major incentive to behave with food this week so that I can tell if it was me or a broken scale. Things I did this week...cooked ahead of time, planned meals, tracked 80%-ish,ate out 3 times, ate about 60/40. I went over my daily/weekly points by at least 40 extra PP and didn't exercise. This journey can be mind bending at times.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #107  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

White Wine Chicken Alfredo Pizza by sandwriter77, on Flickr

OMG....so you ladies know my intrigue with making recipes with cottage cheese!! ooooh my....this is my latest creation....i just had for lunch...and had to share!! it is soooooooooooooooo good!! WHO KNEW cottage cheese could do this!!!!!

and GUESS HOW MANY PIECES YOU CAN HAVE???
THE WHOLE THING!!
WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOP
ALL 6 PCS!!!!

WHITE WINE GOURMET
CHICKEN ALFREDO PIZZA RECIPE
FOR ONE!!!

1 flatout healthy grain honey wheat wrap
1 serving cottage cheese alfredo sauce (see below)
2 oz pre-cooked chicken in white wine (see below)
10 large baby spinach leaves cut into thin strips
1 oz roasted red pepper diced
(i used the ones from a jar) squeeze out juice!!
.5 oz low moisture mozzarella cheese

COTTAGE CHEESE ALFREDO SAUCE
1/4 cup cottage cheese ( i used regular large curd
but you can use your favorite low fat or non fat version)
1/4 cup 2% milk (reserve 1 spoonful)
dash sea salt, dash freshly cracked black pepper
1 tsp roasted garlic (i took a shortcut and used the kind from the tiny jar!!)
2 tsp butter melted (don't use cheap fat free stuff, use real good sweet butter, its only 2 tsp's for goodness sake!!!)
2 tsp flour
1 laughing cow regular cheese wedge (or you can use the LIGHT version)

preheat oven to 400 degrees. bake PLAIN flat out wrap for 3 mins on each side...set aside

i use the little magic bullet...but you can also use your blender...add the cottage cheese, 1 spoonful milk, salt and pepper and garlic, and blend til smooth and about the consistency of mayo. set aside.

in microwave small bowl....melt butter in microwave about 15 secs or until melted, then add flour and stir til well blended...break laughing cow wedge cheese into little pcs and add to the bowl, (don't forget to lick your fingers!! i love laughing cow) and microwave 30 secs. then add the remaining of the milk and microwave 30 secs. more.

now add the cottage cheese mixture to the cheesy alfredo mixture and blend well. this makes enough for TWO PIZZAS!!! (keeps well in fridge for a few days)

now spread 1/2 this mixture all over the flatout wrap, all the way to the edges.
now you are ready to add your toppings!! you can add any toppings you like...but i added:

add diced chicken, julienne spinach, diced sweet roasted red pepper, salt, pepper, and last the mozzarella cheese...you can also add red pepper flakes if you like a little hot and spicy bite...like i do!!

bake 3 mins til cheese melts....don't overbake or your flatwrap will be tooo done! THEN EAT!!!
EAT THE WHOLE THING!!
YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SHARE!!
YUMMMM!!!
nutritional values are approx: as i am not a dietician, just add ingredients as i use then.

White Wine Gourmet Chicken Alfredo Pizza!!
calories: 377
fat: 14 grams
carbs: 27 grams
fiber: 7 grams
sugar: 7 grams
protein: 41 grams

i pre-cook my chicken for the week like this....
3 chicken breast pounded evenly flat to about 1/3 inch....i trim ALL FAT and yucky parts before pounding....and pound between parchment paper with my rolling pin!!
i get a non-stick skillet good and hot...then spray with the MISTO sprayer, 3 full sprays...with is only about 1.5 tsp of olive oil!!!
i "flash fry" the chicken, 4 mins on side one and 3 mins on side 2....then deglaze the pan with a small splash white cooking wine.
i transfer from pan to a container to cool...then i can cut in half for chicken sammies...dice for salads, shread for fajitas, chunk for skewers, slice for noodle bowls or rice bowls, or break apart for pizza!!! i do this every sunday....and the chicken keeps fresh all week and half the battle of cooking is already done!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-21-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

YUM! Rainbowsmiles, your pizza looks great.
Goodnuff: Congrats on the 5.4 weightloss. That is awesome. I know this journey can be mindbending but one thing I have noticed in the last few weeks is that when I think I am "eatting bad" and then I actually calculate it, it isn't as bad as I thought or as bad as I used to be. I had eaten some things I wasn't sure of the points on and I was sure I had eatten all my points, plus my weekly points, and more BUT I hadn't. So maybe our "poor" choices are not as "poor" as they used to be??? :-) Congrats again and keep at it.
KTFaith05: I'm glad you had a better day. I hope your week continued to be positive.
Roxannestaggs: Welcome Back! How is school going? That's great you are continuing to exercise even when things get crazy!
KTFaith05 and Rainbowsmiles: Thanks for the encouragement about going to Disney. I have calmed down and I am staying on track. I think it was just a temporary freak out moment. The details still aren't confirmed but I really hope it happens. I am going to keep working to drop some weight and it is fun to have something to look forward to.
Have a great weekend!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #109  

All right Rainbow cough up the pizza recipe, that loos amazing. I'm planning on having a cooking day on Sunday and that looks like a good Sunday night dinner ;-)

tw, I think you'll be fine by Disney time. I think my friend and I were around 275 when we went to Disney and we fit just fine in everything there at and Sea World. How fun! I'm planning to see some old friends in Baton Rouge mid September and I am hoping to not need a seat belt extender. The last time I flew in 2006 I did and it was not comfortable sitting. Thanks for all of your support the last few months. It is so nice to have people who can relate to the ups and downs of this journey.

Anytime you can pop in Roxanne is good. The more the better, but we'll take you when we can get you!

Yesterday:
Greek yogurt smoothie (8PP) ham, egg white and cheese sandwich (6PP)
Corn Chowder (8 PP) hamburger patty with cheese (8PP) squash with butter (4)
raw veggies and fruit (0PP)
Vegetable pan with cottage cheese (5) 2 servings of oyster crackers with 3 T P butter (13 PP) Used all of my daily PP and 9 PP from my weekly allowance.
My goal is to still have weeklies left on Monday..even if it's just 1 I'd be proud!!!

I just got a call from work that I don't have to come in unless we get more patients. Until then I am going to catch up on blogs and plan next weeks menu!
Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #110  
Feed Your Freedom

ok....added the recipe into the original post
it was so good, i'm gonna make another one for tonight!!
i love a good recipe that is good for me and i can feel good about eating!!
pizza....bring it on baby!!
whooop whoooop
Old 01-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #111  

So again this week my food plan is inspired by Rainbow Smiles. I'm going to make Ethnic bean soup, turkey meatballs and that yummy pizza. Now, I looked and I don't see a recipe for the potato salad, but let me know if I'm just blind.
Mmm just made cottage cheese egg salad. I did add 1T of miracle whip, but that is far better than the 3-4 I would usually use. Also, never thought I'd like it minus most of the yolks but it's actually good.

Last edited by goodnuff; 01-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Rainbow, holy heck, that pizza recipe looks fantastic. I am going to try it subbing tomatoes for the peppers as I don't like peppers : )

Yum yum!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #113  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
So again this week my food plan is inspired by Rainbow Smiles. I'm going to make Ethnic bean soup, turkey meatballs and that yummy pizza. Now, I looked and I don't see a recipe for the potato salad, but let me know if I'm just blind.
Mmm just made cottage cheese egg salad. I did add 1T of miracle whip, but that is far better than the 3-4 I would usually use. Also, never thought I'd like it minus most of the yolks but it's actually good.
ok....the potato salad....i was such a lazy lady!! i was thinking how good the egg salad was, so i was thinking yummmm potato salad...so i used the canned potatoes!! i was too lazy to take the time to cook some! i like things i can make fast fast fast!! but you can certainly prepare your own boiled potatoes.

for 1 serving...i used:
3-4 of the potatoes from the can, however many you can get for the one serving amount based on your can, you can use whole or sliced potatoes (i put the can in the fridge overnight, so the potatoes would be cold)
2 boiled eggs (use both egg whites, and only 1/2 egg yolk, these were also already made and cold)
1/4 cup large curd cottage cheese
1 spoonful milk
1 TBSP sweet pickle relish (squeeze out juice)
1 tsp yellow mustard
dash sea salt, dash cracked black pepper, dash paprika

in medium size bowl, dice potatoes, dice egg whites, crumble the 1/2 egg yolk, set aside.
in magic bullet or blender mix cottage cheese, milk, and salt and pepper and blend a few seconds til blended, not too long, just until the consistency of mayo

mix the cottage cheese mixture with the potato mixture...then add the pickle relish, mustard and stir til blended.

sprinkle with paprika!

yummmm
ENJOY!!
if you have hard boiled eggs in the fridge, you can see that in just a matter of a few minutes...it's ready to eat!! it makes enough for 2 small servings really, but i was a little piggy and ate the whole 1.5 cups!! haha
Old 01-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #114  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAx View Post
Rainbow, holy heck, that pizza recipe looks fantastic. I am going to try it subbing tomatoes for the peppers as I don't like peppers : )

Yum yum!
battle....it IS DELICIOUS!! if you sub tomatoes...i would suggest dicing your tomato...and blot dry on a paper towel, or let the diced pieces drain a bit, so an not to have too much juice from the tomato so as not to make the flatwrap crust soggy! you don't want too much moisture or liquids...
hugssssss
Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Soo...my friday and saturday were already bad foodwise, I ate chocolate and I was drinking alcohol and I probably will again today, but hey I was in the disco, no drinking would be boring right ;o I guess i can live with a bad weekend so Ill start again good tomorrow! Lets see how much I lose/gain tomorrow on he scale ohhh haha, I checked today and gained 100gr so we'll see. Enjoy your weekends ladies!

Hugs.
Anne!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #116  

You have to let loose once in awhile Risen, hope you are having a great weekend. I hope everyone is!

Yesterday:
Greek yogurt fruit smoothie (8) 1.5c Senate Bean soup (6)
Cottage cheese egg salad (6)
WW bar (2)
Chicken Fajita bowl (5) 2 sticks of cheese (3)
and the the late night mindless eating...
2.5 servings of orzo with butter and garlic salt (15, it's a guess because of course I didn't weigh or measure)
Hot raspberry cocoa w/ whip cream (6)
Used all daily and 7 weeklies...so far so good if I keep it up I'll have weeklies left over on Monday and so far I am within my PP allowance.

Last edited by goodnuff; 01-22-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added food journal
Old 01-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #117  

Aww ****!
Yesterday:
Local mexican restaurant: Shredded beef chimichanga, spanish rice and refried beans, chili con queso with chips (estimated 51 PP)
Culver's: Butter burger with cheese, fries and a medium Reese's PB cup concrete shake (54 PP)
Used all my dailies, of course, the rest of my weeklies + I overdrafted by 28 PP for the week and my week doesn't end til Wednesday. Buttttt.....I will stay within my dailies the rest of the week. Going grocery shopping during the big Packer/Bear game then coming home to cook.

Go Pack Go!!!!

Last edited by goodnuff; 01-23-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

I followed in Rainbow's footsteps and cooked my chicken for the week...Thanks, Rainbow!!! I actually have been having some good days this week, which I know is partly due to the inspiration I receive here...Thanks everyone!!!
I had a really busy weeked shopping with my daughter in the city (San Francisco), she is in college and starts an internship at a law firm tomorrow. Needless to say, like most college kids, she lives in sweats and jeans...so I had to get take her some things from home and we shopped for some new "professional" clothes. Anyway we ate at California Pizza Kitchen, and they list the calories in the menu next to the item...it has been awhile since I have eaten at a chain restaurant, but that must be new. I love it, it made my choices much easier and I felt like since it was in front of my face, I could not help but make the better choice. Today I went to Applebees and the same thing...the calories were listed in the menu. I knew they had WW choices on the menu, but the calorie counts were there too! It was nice that I was able to enjoy a meal out, without the guilt of eating something that I know is really bad for me and pretending that I didn't know better at the time.
Well have a great Monday everyone!!!

Last edited by KTFaith05; 01-23-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #119  
Feed Your Freedom

yikes....i got a little behind posting...

WEDNESDAY 1/19/2011

B: Peaches and Cream Oatmeal, 1 banana with
cinnamon sprinkles, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: Mango Green Tea
L: Pimento Cottage Cheese on 2 pcs Very Thin Wheat,
1 Cup leftover Irish Stew, Ice Water
AL: Coffee with Whipped Cream and a
Chocolate Biscotti oooh yeah! baby!!
S: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Sweet Carrots, Mashed Potatoes, Ice Water
totals: 1756.4 calories

THURSDAY 1/20/2011

B: Scrambled Eggs (1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites),
2 pcs very thin toast, 2 tsp butter,
1 tbsp Peach Preserves, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: Green Tea
L: White Wine Chicken Alfredo Pizza!!
YUMMMY!!!
AL: Green Tea
S: Crunchy Chinese Chicken Salad
totals: 1279.0 calories

FRIDAY 1/21/2011

B: Raisin, Date & Walnut Oatmeal, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 1 banana, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: Pimento Cottage Cheese Cheese on Pumpernickle Raisin Roll
L: Crunchy Chinese Chicken Salad, Ice Water
S: White Wine Chicken Alfredo Pizza!!
EL: coffee
totals: 1606.0 calories

SATURDAY 1/22/2011

B: Cottage Cheese Lemon Pancakes, 1 TBSP Maple Syrup,
1 TBSP Whipped Cream, 1/2 Cup diced peached with apple pie spice sprinkling
L: 2 Cups Chicken and Dumplings!! OOOhhh so good!!
1 European Chocolate Coin
S: 3 oz Carvery Honey Ham, Baked Sweet Potato
1 TBSP Brown Sugar, 2 tsp Butter, 7 grams pecans
1 Cup Steamed Broccoli
totals: 1059.0 calories

SUNDAY 1/23/2011

B: Cottage Cheese Lemon Pancakes, 1 TBSP Maple Syrup,
1 TBSP Whipped Cream, 1/2 Cup diced peached with apple pie spice sprinkling
3 pcs bacon
L: Greek Salad with White Wine Chicken
and Pinenuts, 1 European Chocolate Coin
Ice Water
AL: Coffee and Tapioca Pudding
S: 2 Cups Chicken and Dumplings!!
totals: 1168.5 calories

Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!
Boy does the weekend just fly by or what?!?!?! I had a good weekend. Weighed in Saturday and was down .6. This was the first week I had ever eaten all my weekly points so I was a little nervous. Of course, I would have loved a bigger loss but hey at least it is DOWN!
I have eaten 10 of my weekly points (out of 49) this week already! On Saturday I was at my moms and I ate 2 pieces of candy. Yes, 2 (TWO) pieces of candy. I didn't know the points but I looked it up once I got home and found out those TWO pieces were 7 points. WOW!!! I am going to try and not eat any more weekly points this week and see how I do. I REALLY want to be at 275 by Valentines Day. Not that I have a date or have even had any date in FOREVER BUT it seems like a good day to aim for. :-)
KTFaith05: Does Applebees have the new points plus points on the menu or is it the old points system? This weekend I was at Chickfila with a friend and we over heard someone looking at the nutritional info. and they were saying that their new Spicy Chicken Sandwich has 26 grams of fat. My friend and I had to go see what ours was after hearing that. I was SO thankful to learn my grilled chicken sandwich has 3.5 grams of fat. My friends original chicken sandwich had 21 grams of fat. I was SO proud of my choice! I love that places have that info more readily available. I got the new McDonalds Oatmeal and loved that it had the nutritional info right on the cup (7 points).
Rainbow: Thanks for all the recipes. I love all the ideas!
Goodnuff: Hang in there. Good for you for tracking it all and figuring out your points (as best you can). I know you can stay in your points the rest of the week!! We can do it! :-)
Risen: I bet you are already back on track. Hope you had fun at the Disco. You probably worked off some calories with dancing! That is the fun way to do it.
Closed Thread