3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Wellness Goals Challenge-January 2011

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #76

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

It is quiet on here today. Goodnuff: I hope you are doing OK. I miss seeing you here more.
Resindestiny: Looks like you are doing great! Rabbits, wow. They are cute.
I am doing well today but it is funny how much more full I am with just adding a veggie to lunch and a fruit for a snack. I am really full and still have a lot of points for the day. This does NOT happen often! :-) I finally got to go to the store last night so now I have all the "good" foods and I'm full. Weird. It makes me wonder if I was only thinking I was hungry yesterday because I did not have the food I wanted (I needed to go to the store). Does that make sense? Anyways, staying on track! Hope you are all doing well.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #77

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

I'm here. Just chugging along. Trying to get used to being back to work again, it's amazing how quickly you can feel out of sync and get overwhelmed when your normal routine is interrupted.
My eating has been super poor. I finally got to the grocery store and I have a friend coning over for dinner. It's been a long day already and I don't feel like cooking. I have off tomorrow and plan to make Risen's Vegetable Pan and Rainbow's cheesy chicken orzo bowl and chicken fajita bowl. I'll make big batches, divide into servings and figure out the points. I'm also making a recipe I found on *****cakes blog, if it's any good I'll share it with you all.

Don't sweat the small stuff... and it's all small stuff." Richard Carlson

M
Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #78

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

HI LADIES!!! HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Quote:
it's amazing how quickly you can feel out of sync and get overwhelmed when your normal routine is interrupted
good....i know what you mean...and it just takes so much energy to get back in sync!!!

Quote:
Weird. It makes me wonder if I was only thinking I was hungry yesterday because I did not have the food I wanted (I needed to go to the store). Does that make sense? Anyways, staying on track! Hope you are all doing well.
tw....yes i know what you mean!!! my DH was lauging at me...because i was frantic....about NOT having any spinach in the house! haha but honey....i said...my frittatas MUST have spinach! haha crazy!!

risen... ohhhh baby rabbits....please post some pitcures to share!!!

TUESDAY 1/11/2010

B: Broccoli, Cheese and Ham Frittata, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: 1 Orange, 1 cinnamon Graham Cracker with 1 TBSP Nutella, Luscious Lime Green Tea
L: 2 Cups Ethnic Bean & Ham Cabbage Soup, 6 Saltines with 1 TBSP Almond/Peanut Butter, 1 dried Plum, Ice Water
AL: Pimento Cottage Cheese on Pumpernickle Raisin Roll, green tea
S: 1 Cup Sweet Butter Lettuce, 1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves, 1 TBSP Salad Cream, 1 tsp Pine Nuts, 3 oz Grilled Chicken in white wine, 2 grilled pineapple slices, Ice Water
totals: 1549.8 calories

WEDNESDAY 1/12/2010

B: Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: 10 almonds, 1/2 digestive biscuit, ice water...on way home from gym!!
L: Chicken Ramen Noodles, 4 oz chicken in white wine, 5 grams sliced almonds, 1/3 cup green peas, 1/3 cup sliced carrots, 1/3 cup julienne baby spinach leaves, lime green tea
AL: lime gree tea
S: Thin and Crispy Gourmet Hula Pizza (from TBL family cookbook) modified with cottage cheese instead of goat cheese, and added 3 oz grilled chicken
totals: 1629.5 calories
Old 01-13-2011, 12:04 AM   #79

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Hi everyone...
It has been awhile since I have posted and now that I am here, I realize that I am missing a lot. Thanks for all of the great meal ideas along with the recipes...I love to know what other people are eating. I am still having a difficult time getting back in the swing of things, but I am working on it one day at a time.
Congratulations on all the successes!!!

GOAL #1: Lose 10%
Old 01-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #80

KT....i love posting because it keeps me in tune with my progress...and in touch with all you beautiful ladies...who i know....can relate 1000%!! it just means so much to me to be able to share with others....on a daily basis...our struggles...we are here for you....post when you can...but i do suggest....try to post every day....it does so much for your morale!! woohooo

here are the turkey meatballs...i used the recipe from TBL Family Cookbook, only used 99% fat free ground turkey instead of the ground beef!! OOOh so good!! I cut the recipe exactly in half! 16 meatballs!! YUMM

turkey meatballs by sandwriter77, on Flickr

meatballs on 5 grain roll with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese toasted in oven!!

turkey meatball sub on 5 grain roll by sandwriter77, on Flickr

roasted pears and pecans in the oven....then topped them on a bed of soft butter lettuce and made homemade agave apple cider vinaigrette!

roasted pear & pecan salad with agave apple cider vinaigrette by sandwriter77, on Flickr

THURSDAY 1/13/2011

B: Tuscan Garlic Loaf with Orange Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze, 1 Scrambled Egg, 2 pcs bacon, coffee with cream
ML: Pimento Cottage Cheese on Pumpernickle Raisin Roll, lemon lift green tea
L: 2 Cup Ethnic Bean Cabbage Soup, Ice Water
AL: leftover remnants of the pimento cheese by itself, Lemon Lift Green Tea
S: Turkey Meatball Sub on 5 Grain Roll, Roasted Pear & Pecan Salad with Agave Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Ice Water
totals: 1298.5 calories
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #81

S/C/G: 353/See Ticker/155

Height: 6'1"

That dinner looks SOOOO YUMMY SUSAN! Would you post the recipes please?

The procedure is simple. You work by continuous repetition of an idea, plan, or purpose, until it is accepted by the subconscious mind.
-Napoleon Hill

ROCKIN RED TEAM BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE
Minute Exercised in Jan: 0/3000
One for every 5 pounds lost:
Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #82

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Soo it was my laziest day I can remember in ever..just wanna say my food real quick and then fall in bed, since its after 3.30am here

B: Coffee and a bowl of cereal
L: noodl with cheese/ketchup and tomato rice with veggies (was actually 2 meals I just couldnt decide so I took abit of both lol..1 small roll with cream cheese zzz
D: walnuts, natural yoghurt and a few shrimps

We might know who we are, but we know not who we might be. - William Shakespeare
Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiDoo View Post
That dinner looks SOOOO YUMMY SUSAN! Would you post the recipes please?
hmmm can't post the turkey meatballs recipe...i don't think...since it is in THE BIGGEST LOSER FAMILY COOKBOOK???

the salad is so easy...just core and slice the pears...and lay them on a foil lined baking tin...spray with one MISTO spray of olive or canola oil...sprinkle with a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper...and bake @400 for about 20-25 mins into edges start to brown a little...the last few minutes...add the pecans....

i use bagged sweet butter lettuce from publix....and the vinaigrette...is this:
2TBSP apple cider
2 tsp rice vinegar, or cider vinegar, or your favorite vinegar
1 full spray form MISTO of olive oil (about 1/2 tsp) you can use more...it has a little better flavor with more...but i try to keep the fat down a little
1 tbsp agave nectar or honey
1 tsp yellow mustard
dash, salt and pepper
put all this into any container with a lid...and shake well...makes about 3 tbsp
i only use 1 tbsp on my lettuce...then top with the pears and pecans.
the pears are sweet and the dressing is tangy!!

the 5 grain roll i also purchased from the publix deli.

you can look up the recipe for the meatballs...in the biggest loser cookbook...page 87...called NEW FAVORITE MEATBALLS...i cut the recipe in half...used 1/2 pound of 99% fat free ground turkey, instead of beef, and added 1/4 cup julienned baby spinach leaves. this made 16 meatballs....and 4 meatballs in my 5 grain roll...the 4 meatballs:
136 calories, 2 grams fat, 8 grams carbs, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram sugar, and 21 grams of protein!!
not counting the roll....u can also use any bread of your choice or eat alone!! good for spaghetti, cocktail meatballs, bbq meatballs, meatball subs!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #84

Rainbow I think I'm going to come live with you. I hope your husband shows appreciation for your good (tasty and healthy) cooking. Lucky guy!

I made Risen's vegetable pan with tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash and onions, the chicken bowl using quinoa instead of orzo pasta and chicken fajita bowl. They only had the uncooked fajita meat. I'm not a fan of cooking meat, it grosses me out especially when it's marinated because it's extra slimy. I haven't tried the fajita bowl yet, I have to stop being grossed out first. I could not believe how full the chicken quinoa made me. I ended up only having 1.5 cups of the veggies with a sprinkle of goat cheese for supper.

I'm doing well with tracking and the WW challenge for this week is to focus on "power foods" only for 10 meals. Most of what I made yesterday is power foods so it should not be a problem.

I lost 0.6 this week. Tracking helps, now I just need to make healthier choices and stay within my PP allowance.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #85

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Rainbowsmiles: I agree with Goodnuff; we need to come live with you. I wish I has more time to cook more. I like the end result and even have fun coking sometimes but between full time work and being a single parent it is tough to really cook on a week night. I am so impressed by you!!!
Goodnuff: Way to go on the .6 loss and tracking better and cooking!!! You are on a roll! I laughed about the cooking meat thing. You can be nurse but get grossed out by meat?!?!?! Too funny. I hope you are able to enjoy your fajita bowl. :-)
I am doing well this week with tracking and staying in my points. I have also been getting in my water. I weigh in tomorrow and will let you all know next week how it goes. Have a great weekend!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #86

aww....thank you ladies!!! you are too kind!! i do love to cook, and i have to agree....i know its very very hard being a single mom and working and trying to do this...i was there not too long ago...it will get easier.

i like my preplanning...i kind of rotate foods...so its even easier. i keep a spreadsheet in excel so i can just copy and paste menu's together...and when i plan ahead i can cook ahead. i LOVE to cook ahead!!

i cook sometimes for a few hours on the weekend and that gets me through the entire week. i always make a batch of soup....for the week for lunches. saves soooo much time. i always cook 6 chicken breasts...i do what i call flash fry them...i pound them thin...about 1/2 inch..even....then use my MISTO sprayer in a hot non-stick pan...then sorta sear the chicken for 3 mins on each side. i usually do 2 pcs at a time...then i hit the pan with some white cooking wine and some ponzu citrus and let the breasts bathe...and while they cool.

then i will cut one in half...for chicken sandwiches, chicken parmesan, or just a pc of chicken...so thats 2 meals...meat done. just add the accessories!!

i will slice the other four....into long strips...sometimes i lay some of the pcs out on a baking sheet and flash freeze them....then put them into single serve snack baggies. these thaw really really fast...like 15 mins...then maybe a quick 30 secs in microwave...i use these for sooooooo many things...

i can toss into homemade soups, chicken fajitas, chicken quesadillas, chicken wraps, caesar salad, ramen noodle bowl, bbq chicken, spinach and chicken salad, omg...the list in nearly endless...and most of the hard part is done!! the meat!!

sometimes i just cut them into diced pieces...for chicken salad...chicken soup....chicken and dumplings....

i can cut them into chunks for skewers...dip into bbq sauce, mustard sauce, skewer with veggies...or grilled pineapple...but the meat is already done!!

i do this with beef as well....i will cook a filet mignon...or 2...and slice it....

i have to cook CHEAP....because DH is still unemployed! i spend about 35 bucks a week to eat on!! so the things i buy have to be versatile enough for several meals.

the ground turkey meatballs...can be for meatball subs, spaghetti and meatballs, meatball soup, meatball skewers!! and if you do a whole pound of turkey, it makes 32 meatballs, and 4 meatballs a serving, goes a long way for a family!! just add pizza sauce and a roll....and half the meal is done!!

i roast veggies in advance, make mini frittatas, then all i have to do is heat them up!! i even do my whole package of bacon (i cook it in the microwave...and blot all the grease away) and keep it in the fridge...and just lay it out on the plate while making the rest of breakfast...and eat it at room temp!! i heart bacon!! its my morning protein!!

its all about finding shortcuts!! i HAD to find shortcuts when i became a single mom after 21 years of marriage, with 4 teenagers....and working 3 yes 3 jobs, while going back to school FULL time for 2 years!!!

now...my kids are grown, i am blissfully happily re-married now...for 3.5 yrs and get to stay at home! i never thought i'd be back in this position...and it might not last if DH can't find work soon...but until then, if i can share any tips to help any other busy mom with little time, i will share whatever you like!!

i so heart all of YOU!!!
hugs
susan
Old 01-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #87

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Quick queck in!
I had trouble eating today, kinda had to make myself eat, dunno why 0o I actually worked out today, makes me feel good!
Sooo

B: 3pieces of crispybread with cream cheese and salad, coffee
L: bread with tomato and mozzarella cheese and salad, a banana
D: walnuts (yum *.*) natural yoghurt and a lil bit cheese & tomatoes

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Huuuugs, Anne

We might know who we are, but we know not who we might be. - William Shakespeare
Old 01-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #88

TW:My fajita bowl was delish. Yeah, I know weird right that I can be that grossed out and be a nurse. I get really grossed out when I have to touch a placenta too, thank God I don't have to cook it.

Rainbow:OMgoodness, I would have never guessed you had adult children. Either that pic is 15 years old or your kids were so perfect that you didn't age a bit from motherhood induced stress. Well, I for one hope that your hubby finds employment soon. You have to have time to share your recipes and support here daily!!! I insist.

Risen:I need to have a string of days where I have trouble eating.

KT:Let's struggle getting back into the swing of things together!

Today:
B:Fruit smoothie (5) banana (0) ham, egg white and cheese sand (6)=11
L:Veggie pan (0) 1/2c pinto beans (3) and 1/2c cottage cheese (3)-all mixed together =6
D:Chicken and cheese quinoa (8)
Snacks: apple (0), orange (0), turkey breast (2) boiled egg (2) Rice crackers (6) spinach dip (?, don't know but I'll have 9 points so I'll make sure it's not more than that)

I need to work on getting some water in while I'm at work, I've been slacking.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
TW:Rainbow:OMgoodness, I would have never guessed you had adult children. Either that pic is 15 years old or your kids were so perfect that you didn't age a bit from motherhood induced stress.
lol...this pic was taken last christmas...i do get that a LOT...its REALLY NICE NOW...but when i was 18 and everyone thought i was 13, i hated it!! haha i remember when my children were little (2,4,6 and 8)...and i would be out somewhere, it never failed that someone asked me...those aren't ALL YOURS ARE THEY?? haha and i'd just smile and say THEY SURE ARE!!

my nana, when she was 75, still rode a motorcycle and jumped on my trampoline and rode go-carts with us kids!! we are a YOUNG HEARTED LOT!!

thanks so much for making my day!! people also see my photo and think i can't possible weigh what i do...but i am not so fat in the face!! its all in the rear!! like a whopping huge pear! it sucks! i mean, if i'm gonna be this fat i at least deserved some boobies for goodness sake!! but no....its all in the butt....and thighs...THUNDER THIGHS!! well....THIS IS MY YEAR!! AND I'M CLAIMING IT!! thunder thighs be gone!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles : 01-15-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #90

Default menu in pictures!!

FRIDAY 1/14/2011

B: Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 1/2 cup grapefruit with cinnamon sprinkles, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: 10 almonds, 1/2 digestive biscuit, ice water...on way home from gym!!
L: 2 Cup Ethnic Bean Cabbage Soup, coffee
AL: Roasted Red Pepper Egg Salad, Coffee!!! OMG....3 cup day!! I am trying so hard to stay awake!! TGIF
S: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Maple Brown Sugar Sweet Carrots, Ice Water
FRIDAY DESSERT: 1/2 cup Talenti Chocolate Gelato!! YUM!!
totals: 1780.4 calories

SATURDAY 1/15/2011

B: Broccoli and Cheese Mini Frittata, 1 Orange, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: Pimento Cottage Cheese Sammy on Very Thin Wheat Bread yummmm!!
L: Chicken Quesadilla with 1 TBSP Sour Cream, 2 TBSPS Salsa, Sweet Butter Lettuce, Jalapenos, 1/2 Tomato diced
AL: Cottage Cheese Potato Salad OMG YUM!
S: Turkey Meatball Sub, Baked Sweet Potato with Brown Sugar and Pecans
totals: 1647.8 calories

so....have you ever had one of those days...where you were craving something, totally out of the blue...well today i was craving potato salad!! so, i kept with the no mayo concept, and made the most delicious cottage cheese potato salad with NO mayo!! this made 1.5 CUPS of scrumptious potato salad!! and guess what!!!

ONLY 211 calories for the ENTIRE 1.5 CUPS!!
5 grams fat, 20 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar and 11 grams protien!!

i looked up the "average potato salad" and for 1.5 cups it contains:
536 calories, 30.7 grams fat, 42 grams carbs, 4.9 grams fiber, 7 grams sugar and 10.1 grams protien!!

WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!
FOR A CHICK WHO WOULD NOT EAT COTTAGE CHEESE...just a short time ago!! i am soooo LOVING it now!! whooooopwhooooop!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles : 01-15-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.