Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

RoxanneI hope you are feeling better soon. And big congrats on your whoosh. I just looked to see what my lowest December weight was...ugh. I'm+6.8 from it. Your an inspiration to keep on tracking so I can get back there asap.

Rainbow:I love your food journal. You make so many yummy sounding things. I hate cooking but I don't mind the throwing stuff together kind. Anytime you want to share pics of your creations I'd love it. I'm a visual kinda gal. It helps me decide just how yummy it is if I can see it. I am going to find that fajita meat and I'm also going to throw together the chicken orzo bowl. I'm actually looking forward to making meals for the week. And thank you so much for the comment on my blog. I am a wide open book without a filter. That is definitely not right for all readers but it is who I am. I just know tat there have to be other people that have the same feelings and experiences and it's my lot in life to make them feel normal. ;-)

Risen:I love veggies even more than fruit but I have a harder time getting them in. I'm going to make something inspired by your veggie dish. What is brasilicum? Was this a second date with the guy from last month or is this a new man? Spill it, I want to know how it went.

Cute:I have a late night eating plight and let me just say that if I could get it down to one sandwich I'd be happy. I agree, it is super great when you recognize a behavior that needs to be changed.It's even better when you can make a plan on how to end tat behavior, Have you thought about how you are going to do it? Any ideas you have might help me!

tw:I hope your good week shows itself on the scale!

I've done mediocre this week. Better than last with lots of room for improvement. Lots to do today. House cleaning, bill paying, grocery shopping. I also want to look into getting Wii. I had to cancel cable because of surgical leave but I miss it so much. I am thinking Wii would be cheaper in the long run and apparently you can get instant Netflix through it so I'd be set for my next surgical leave next month. Guess I'll see after I pay bills!

Last edited by goodnuff; 01-08-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #62  

The last two days were not the best but not the worst. Going to visit my dad who just had shoulder surgery and then before I even come home I am going to go grocery shopping so that I have no excuses.
Yesterday:
L:Red Lobster: shared fried calamari and broccoli appetizer, 2 cheddar bay biscuits, grilled salmon with a creamy tabasco sauce and mashed potatoes.

D:1 c cottage cheese, 15 small green olives, 4 slices lean ham with cream cheese, orange and hot cocoa

Not sure about today because we'll be gone but here's to keeping it healthier.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Holaaa,

I could eat veggies and fruits all day everyday
Thats a different date with a few people just to watch some movies was fun. The other dude is just kinda not my kinda guy for a relationship but we are friends Soo ate had a soup last night and a nbowl of salted poatto chips ._. Oh welL!

For today!

B: none
L: at chinese restaurant.. noodles with veggies and some veggie rolls
D: Unsure yet Ill edit later

Enjoy the rest of your sundays!

Hugs,
Anne
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #64  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Good... let me know what you find out about the wii.....i do not know anything about one!! i know how last century is that!! i would love to know what you can do with one....they sound like so much fun!!! sorry to hear about you dad....hope is is healing fine. keep it healthy!!! gf!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

TW... what did you have to eat all day yesterday....come on...spill!!!

i am uber excited....as the scales moved today!!! yipeeee....that zumba class is really paying off!! get your zumba on ladies!!!

have a beautiful day everyone!!

1/8/2010 journal
B: roasted red pepper cottage cheese salad, 2 pcs bacon, 2 pcs very thin bread toasted, 2 tsp butter, coffee
ML: 1 banana while at the gym inbetween workouts, then when i got home from gym...10 almonds, 1 digestive biscuit, .5 oz dried mango
L: knorr vegetable fried rice with sauteed ham, ribbon cabbage and onions, coffee....yes 2 cups today!! it was just one of those days!! even the gym did not wake me up!!
AL: luscious lime green tea
S: chicken marsala with shallots and roasted garlic, baked sweet potato, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsps butter, cherry limeade!!!
totals: 1493 calories

HAVE A GREAT POP DAY TOMORROW EVERYONE!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #65  

Sooo yesterday for dinner I had..spinace with feta cheese, some salad and a biscut :O

Today:
B: 2 pieces of bread with nutella, yoghurt drink
L: rest of the spinace with feta cheese, natural yoghurt, 5 walnuts
D: fresh salad with feta cheese yum

I forgot to weigh in sunday and ate late on sunday so I just lost 100gramm this morning pah! Oh well better than nothing right

Great start in the week ladies! <3

Last edited by RisenDestiny; 01-10-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Dinner changed :D
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Goodnuff: I just got the Wii this year and I am enjoying it. I don't so much enjoy the Wii games but I did get Wii Fit and I like it. The first time I was on it I thought it was pretty lame and didn't see how it would be a real workout. THe more I learn about it I am finding something are definately better than other for real exercise. Also, I am REALLY out of shape so some of it is very helpful for me. Some time I would like to get the Biggest Loser game stuff but I am trying to learn what I have first.
Risen: It may not have felt like it was a big loss but at least it was a loss! Congratulations! ALL weight loss is great!
Rainbowsmiles: Congrats on the scale moving! I think I would like Zumba too but I have never tried it. I can't remember do you go somewhere for it or do it at home?
I has a great week last week. I lost 6.2 so I am now within .4 of my lowest weight in December. I'm off to a good start this week but I have to prepare myself for a more "normal" weight loss this week.
Rainbowsmiles: As for what I ate yesterday....I am pretty boring. I have a 3 year old so I go for quick things.
B: 2 Scambled eggs with 2 pieces toast/butter and fresh strawberries.
Mid-morning snack: Banana
L: Deli Turkey and Provolone sandwich with light liracle whip, Baked Lays, grapes.
D: Grilled Turkey burger on one of those "bread thins" with Provolone cheese and dill relish, 1 oz Tostido chips, Strawberries.
Evening snack: 1 oz mixed nuts.
So nothing special and I need to get some veggies in (I need to go to the store) but over all I stayed in my points, drank my 8 glasses of water, and took my vitamin! A good day!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #67  
Feed Your Freedom

tw.... i do the zumba at the family fitness gym...they have a pool, an indoor track, weights, various classes. this is my full 2nd week. ZUMBA is a lot of fun!! it is hard...for me at this weight, to keep up....but i am working on making it through the entire 45 min class. today i did 30 mins. the time passes fast, because you just don't realize how much fun you are having dancing!! we get tiny breaks inbetween songs....but you just do the steps you can, and everyone works at their own pace...which is awesome! i hide in the back corner!! i love my little zumba corner!! one day i'm gonna get me one of the jingle jangle wrap skirts they wear....the are like belly dancing wraps i think....but its all fun FUN FUN!!
your menu sounds delicious nothing BORING about it!! u are a lady after my own heart....i am soooooo there with you on the miracle whip!! and have you tried frozen grapes??? i get the grapes when they are on sale, wash them good, dry them on a clean hand towel, then pop them into the freezer....and enjoy them all winter!! just a hand full...my serving size is 10grapes....they thaw out pretty fast, but i like to eat them partially frozen...like a little GRAPECICLE...in my mouth! yummmm! maybe you can add a little veggies in on those delicious sandwiches...some baby spinach leaves, and lettuce, sliced tomato....i have a hard time with veggies...i just make myself eat them everyday!! haha have a beautiful day!!

risen....i agree with tw....a loss is a loss whooop whoooop congrats!!!

GOOD, CUTE, ROZANNE.... have a beautiful day!!!!

woohooo ladies....i had to play the part of mailman this morning!!! come hail, sleet, rain, snow or wind...nothing was gonna keep me from getting my ZUMBA ON!!

we has a LOT of ice here this morning...no on knows how to ACT in charleston when the cold ice comes here!!! bridges were shut down, roads closed, schools closed!! you'd think this was antartica!! heehee but better safe tha sorry i suppose! nonetheless, i slipped my way to the gym which was thankfully open!! i did call first!! i was soooo happy they were open!! last night when i went to bed...i sent my request heavenly...it went something like this....ooohh dear lord...please...please....let the snow pass us by...this is just the first day of the second week for me at the gym....i can't break my stride now!! please....keep the gym open!! amen!

3 hrs at the gym....working hard...then 20 mins in that heavenly sauna before braving the cold ice to slip slide back home!! thank goodness for nice hot luscious lime green tea!!....ooh soothe my soul!!

[IMG][/IMG]

1/9/2010 journal
B: FRENCH TOAST BRUNCH SUNDAY!!! 3 PCS very thin french toast with 1 TBSP maple syrup and 2 TBSP whipped cream, 1/2 banana with cinnamon sprinkles, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: lemon lift green tea
L: 2 cups potato soup, 2 cups crispy kale chips, lemon lift tea
AL: luscious lime green tea
S: 6 oz bbq chicken with grilled peppers and onions, 1 cup cabbage, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes,
totals: 1210 calories

not enough calories really....but i slept in!! so was behind all day on time frame to eat~

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-11-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #68  

I bought a Wii system. I probably shouldn't have but I can not even remember the last time I bought something I didn't need that was more than $10 so I decided WTH! I've watched lots of stuff through Netflix but it is somewhat limited. I looked up 3 movies that I have recently watched to see if they could be watched instantly and they were DVD only, good thing I didn't unhook my DVD player like I was going to. But there are 1000's of movies and tv shows to choose from so I still love it. It will be awhile before I can get Wii fit or zumba but I did make myself sore from bowling and had a good time.

Congrats on the weight losses Risen and TW, I agree any loss is good. 6.2 is phenomenal but the part I like best about it is that you realize it's not "normal" and are preparing to accept a more normal loss this week. That is AWESOME!!!

I have journaled all week and plan to continue doing so. My eating has been 60% unhealthy and 40% healthy. When I started in May it was 90/10, so although I am not where I thought I'd be I have made a great improvement.

Thank you Rainbow for sharing your journal faithfully. I did not go grocery shopping but am still looking forward to making some of your meals for myself and look forward to more ideas from everyone.

Today
B/L:PB on toasted sandwich thin, banana and orange
S:apple
D:Homemade chicken potpie and a green salad
S:not really sure

I woke up really late today and am hoping to go to bed right after work so maybe I won't have a snack.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #69  
Feed Your Freedom

[IMG][/IMG]
yesterday i made one of my favorite soups! i call it my ETHNIC BEAN & HAM CABBAGE SOUP!! i call it ethnic bean soup because i used white beans, black beans and mexican beans hahaha....ok, so no one get offended, its a joke ok its funny!! laugh!!

got my zumba on!!! all is good!! i am participating in the biggest loser challenge...i am on the RED TEAM...THE ROCKIN' RED TEAM!! i like a good healthy challenge. the scale is moving!! yipee!! tracking food is most certainly a beneficial tool!!

soup is sooo good on a cold icy day!!

all you beautiful ladies have a super fabulous day!!!!
1/10/2010 journal
B: Raisin, Date & Walnut and Hazlenut Oatmeal, 1 Tbsp Almond Butter, 1/2 grapefuit with cinnamon sprinkle, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: 10 almonds, 1 digestive biscuit, ice water...on way home from gym!!
L: Leftover Knorr Vegetable Fried Rice, with chicken fajita meat, 5 grams sliced almonds, 1 cup steamed broccoli, 1/3 cup grilled onions and peppers, lime green tea
AL: 1 digestive biscuit with 2 tsp nutella (YUM), 1 cup chicken boullion soup, luscious lime green tea
S: 2 hearty cups of Ethnic Bean & Ham Cabbage Soup!! oooh so good!!
totals: 1541.7 calories
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #70  

Rainbowsmiles: Zumba sounds really fun. Sometime I think I will try it. I love to dance but really need to work on improving my cardiovascular system so I don't get tired too fast. So far I am liking the Wii. I saw that Wii has a Zumba so maybe I get that soon and give it a try. As for the veggies, normally they would be on my sandwich but I really need to go to the store. I don't like a lot of veggies but I do like lettuce (all kinds), spinich (fresh and canned), tomato, green beans, and asparagus.
Goodnuff: Way to go on tracking! That is awesome. And hey you are at 60/40 now; pretty soon you will be 50/50. I always do so much better after grocery shopping and having good food in the house to pack for lunches. I think I am obsessing with this right now because I have needed to get to the store for the past 3 days so it has been harder to put my meals together in the meantime. :-)
I have stayed on track and actually used some of my weekly points yesterday. I don't usually do that so hopefully it will all work out. Afterall, they say we are to use them. Yesterday I had:
B: 8oz glass of 0% milk, egg mcmuffin
snack: Banana
L: WW Quesadillas, jello fat free pudding cup
snack: Baked cheetos
D: 4oz Turkey patty, mac-n-chesse, grapes
snack: cheese stick
Pretty good for only needing 4 weekly points.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #71  

Rainbowsmiles: The bean soup looks yummy. Will you share that recipe?
Also, I forgot to mention that I lived in Charleston for 5 years when I was in elementary school. It is a beautiful place and I have many found memories there. I remember Sullivan's Island fireworks on the 4th of July, Myrtle Beach, and the long bridges over the water the most. I hope to go back and visit one day.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #72  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw326at41 View Post
Rainbowsmiles: The bean soup looks yummy. Will you share that recipe?
Also, I forgot to mention that I lived in Charleston for 5 years when I was in elementary school. It is a beautiful place and I have many found memories there. I remember Sullivan's Island fireworks on the 4th of July, Myrtle Beach, and the long bridges over the water the most. I hope to go back and visit one day.
1/2 large head purple cabbage sliced in ribbon pcs
1/2 large head green cabbage slice in ribbon pcs
1 vidalia onion sliced

2 FULL SPRAYS Olive Oil from a MISTO sprayer

1 can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Organic Tomatoes
1 Carton Beef Broth (i use swansons low sodium)
3 cans of your favorite beans: i used:
1 Can White Beans, 1 Can GLORY Black Beans, 1 Can Mexican Chili Beans

but the choices are so many...navy beans, kidney beans, pinto beans...any combination!!

1.5 TBSP AMORE Double Concentrated Tomato Paste...this comes in a tube near the pasta sauce...or you can use regular tomato paste...i just use the tube cause it lasts longer after opening.

6 oz. diced ham....i get this already diced in the little package by CUMBERLAND GAP...but any ham will do!! great for leftovers!! or the oscar mayer carvery board ham!

directions: get non stick pan hot....spray one long full spray of olive oil....add onions...sautee for a few minutes...while chopping cabbage.. then add cabbage....and another long spray of olive oil. continue to sautee....til almost limp...i like my cabbage to still have a little "bite" to it. if you don't have a MISTO omg...u should try one!! saves TONS on fat!! i am amazed at how LITTLE oil i can use!! you will need to saute a little longer with less oil...it takes mine about 15-20 mins.

then i transfer it all into a HUGE stock pot as this makes 10 cups of soup.

add the carton of broth, the can of tomato, all the beans ( i rinse my beans...only because i read somewhere it helps rinse the startch off!! haha) and i like my soup to be thin...if you know what i mean. then add the tomato paste and diced ham...stir and simmer until all is well heated through!!

1 cup = 151 calories, only 1 gram of fat!!, 26 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fiber, 7 grams of sugar, and 11 grams of protien!!**

** please note that this nutritional value is approx: as i am no expert nor am i a dietician!! haha i just calculate everything based on info found on each ingredient package or www.calorieking.com for veggies, ...then total them all up, then measure how much soup each batch makes, and divide accordingly!!

i usually indulge in 2 cups for my meal!!! u can add some nice hot crusty bread or cornbread too!! yummm

sooooo good for you!!! hope you enjoy!!
hugs
susan

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-12-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #73  

Hello Ladiiiiiies

I feel tired today so I havent really had much exercise but that is fine!
Hope ya'll do fine

B: turkish bread with jam, a pear
L: pumpkin soup, melon and a few walnuts
D: salad with feta cheese, olives, peperonies yum, natural yoghurt

Starte drinking green tea again today and for some reasons on the first day I always gotta pee like..urgh! Haha

Hugs,
Anne
Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #74  
Feed Your Freedom

ooh my!!! how good is this!!

[IMG][/IMG]

so the whole egg salad with cottage cheese made me so happy...i thought of another delicious food i love but had to limit...pimento cheese!! well NO more!! here is a version with NO mayo!!! woohooo!!

2 tsp diced pimentos, 1 oz your favorite cheese grated...i used cracker barrel vermont white cheddar, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 tsp milk...

grated the cheese into a bowl, add pimentos, ... blend the cottage cheese and milk, salt and pepper to taste, in magic bullet or blender....add to cheese mixture and mix well!!

spoon onto your favorite bread!! i used a beautiful fat pumpernickle raisin roll!!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #75  

Where are all the ladiiiiies So Tom is here but I feel great and I feel energetic! Good!

B: Flakes with milk, coffee
L: baked potato with some kinda sourcream and one piece of baked fish
D: Pumpkin soup, a lil bit of onions and mushroms, natural yoghurt with walnuts <3

Yeaaa..btw I got 15days old baby rabbits, they are to cute

Hugs,
Anne!
Closed Thread