Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

Default *insert interesting title here*

okay, here i am, back again. this time settling in here in the 300+ group. this is new to me as i am at my highest non pregnant weight (yea, highest pregnant weight is only about 5lbs away). my wii fit told me tonight that i exceed it's weight limit. that's bad. not sure how i got here or why i let myself get here. i don't really know when it happened. i started the year out doing really well. actually in mid february before my son spent a week in the hospital i was doing excellent and was somewhere around 285/290 (down from 305 jan 1st). went downhill from there. all i know is that i have got to stop being all talk and do something about this. i've got to do it for me and for my kids (yes, i know it's most important for it to be for me, but my babies are an extension of me!). so i plan on being around quite a bit, probably checking in numerous times daily to keep myself focused (thank goodness that i can access this site on my phone!). not sure what i am going to do yet. maybe just make a menu and follow it taking calories into consideration. working out will have to be something that i can incorporate into my schedule and be fun enough that my kids can take part as well (i work 10-12 hours a day and am pretty much a single mom in the evenings due to my husband's schedule).i guess more will be to come, but i know this much, this is my year. i AM going to lose 100lbs this year (maybe more!). so, here i go!
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Welcome! Im new but around a lot. We can do this, for real.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/333/250

Height: 5'10

You can do this!

I have a 20 month old son and I want to get in the floor and play with him so bad..but mommy is too fat and needs the act of congress to get out the floor!! But I am slowly working on it. I have lost about 7 pounds in the last few months, not a lot of weight, but enough to show me that it can be done without starving myself. Plus, I think the 7 pounds came from just cutting out Mt. Dew!!

Sugar-free drink mixes have become my best friend. I keep a bowl on my counter with all sorts of single serving flavors in it. Some argue that the artificial sweetners aren't great for you, but it helps me drink more water and stay clear of the naughty fizzy drinks that I was once addicted to! So to each their own!

Best of luck!!
shutterbug35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

yea, i have a 4 1/2 year old and 15 month old. both are the most energetic kids i have ever seen. they are both on the go from the time they wake up until i force them to go to sleep at night. my daughter (4 1/2) is constantly doing flips and cartwheels while also running around like a maniac! my son has been walking since he was 9 months old and does not slow down for a moment. i need to be able to keep up with them and not be out of breath chasing them around the yard.

i only drink water (have for years) and i keep boxes of cherry drink mix in the cabinet so that i can add some flavor every now and again. i have yet to really set a plan on eating, right now just focusing on cutting back and trying to make healthier choices. i have done ww and calorie counting and both work, but what i really need is somebody to give me a list and tell me exactly what to eat. i need it completely laid out to get me started at least! looked into metabolic research center after reading a blog, but there aren't any remotely close to me. thought about checking into nutrisystem (get a discount through work) but not sure about it either. i don't want to go broke trying to lose weight. i may sign up for a month and try it and go from there. what are you doing?
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote